• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What do you want to see in a PCP review Video

I am in the process of doing some review videos for air rifles and wanted to know what the Air Gun world is actually looking for in a video. I am doing this partially as a passion project for me but also to keep me busy when I am running slow on other video work. But what are some things you love and you hate when watching Air Gun videos.

I like to see close ups of the magazines, how they work and if they extend up--how close to the scope. Tell us the scope mounted and ring height. I haven't bought a rifle in a while but the close up shots helped me when I was searching around. We can see pics online all day but video makes a big difference if done well.

Helps to have shots tested for sound even though that usually doesn't translate to real life. Power and velocity spreads over a chrony, shot count. And tells us your own opinions of build quality and the trigger.

I'd like to see real on-the-hoof weight, not mfg claimed info. Velocities with a wide range of differet pellet weights. Shot strings with a particular common pellet. Thoughts on how the action works (hard to cock, rough action, et.). Trigger pull. Sound of shots. How the ergonomics are. Accuracy tests further than 10 yards, preferably 25, 50 & further if possible using the most accurate pellet you have that the guns shoots well. Overall opinion of the value of the fun (performance vs cost).

Good consise Info . Long shot string segments and unboxing videos are the fastest way for me to click off a video . Show what comes with the gun but sitting on a sofa opening a box and monologue for 15 mins is mind numbing . 

Not because I do it in my videos .....But targets showing several groups lend to authenticate grouping ability of the gun . Cheery picked groups showing a single up close " shoot and see" targets make me suspicious. 

Mainly have fun with it and show that in the video 😉

That's what I look for 

The reviewers ( Not just one opinion ) but a culmination of a few being 3 or more. No allegiance to manufacturer or distributor / dealer providing such item for review. Cut the crap of political correctness and say it straight up what the product is, its shining attributes and glaring shortcomings etc ....

That said .... HONESTY and no fluff unless deserved, no trashing unless truly garbage.

Ok ... off the soapbox.

Good consise Info . Long shot string segments and unboxing videos are the fastest way for me to click off a video . Show what comes with the gun but sitting on a sofa opening a box and monologue for 15 mins is mind numbing . 

Not because I do it in my videos .....But targets showing several groups lend to authenticate grouping ability of the gun . Cheery picked groups showing a single up close " shoot and see" targets make me suspicious. 

Mainly have fun with it and show that in the video 😉

That's what I look for

I'll have to say I'm Sorry to Joe, for my last video, I guess he didn't finish it... if that was the case, let me say it here again, as I said on the video. Once again and forever, Thanks Joe!

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but I really like the video reviews done by Steve at AEAC. Also, his VLOG where he goes into more depth about the gun on a one on one type scenario. Yes, I know that he's sponsored, so he doesn't get to show some of the guns that we are interested in, like the Vulcan, Taipan, or EDgun, but he does a very fair review of the guns he reviews, and shows exact groups and performance. Plus, the video quality is as good as it gets, he seems to spend a lot of time editing his videos to make sure they are visually as good as he can get them. 

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but I really like the video reviews done by Steve at AEAC. Also, his VLOG where he goes into more depth about the gun on a one on one type scenario. Yes, I know that he's sponsored, so he doesn't get to show some of the guns that we are interested in, like the Vulcan, Taipan, or EDgun, but he does a very fair review of the guns he reviews, and shows exact groups and performance. Plus, the video quality is as good as it gets, he seems to spend a lot of time editing his videos to make sure they are visually as good as he can get them.

+1 Reviews of the quality and information provided by AEAC

I want to see you hand pump it!!! The big thing for a lot of people is the price, and an electric pump can be spending. I see a lot of pre buyers here, and pumps always come up. Maybe as a community we should start a number scale on how hard/easy it is like a 1-5? Some hunting clips would be cool, but could be a pain with anti hunting,guns,and animal welfare organizations. Oh you should have MOMO pop up half way threw. "MOMO says click the like button, or you die"

I am with Rocko, No annoying music or a 5 minute intro depicting you as a special forces Blackhawk down survivor. Unless you are then it's cool

It's hard NOT to reference Steve's AEAC videos here - and maybe this is a bit of a tangent - but I'd look for variety across a series of PCP video reviews. To his credit, most videos WILL be compared to Steve's videos, but as I continue to watch them, they have become very formulaic (I think that's a word...) ;-) 

I totally understand the benefits of being consistent in production and for sake of comparison between guns, but I do think he needs to mix things up in his full reviews. So to you question, keep the intended use of the gun in mind when producing the video. Definitely give us some baselines for performance and accuracy, but mix up shooting locations, distances, etc. I know the logistics of actually doing this will be hard but hey, you asked!

Good luck and be sure to share what you produce here!

1. The gun itself

2. Trigger weight

3. Accuracy

4. Power in fps and ft lb

5. Sound meter test

6. Shots per fill

7. Show any tuning that can be done on the gun without need to after market.

all that stuff, plus gun weight, opinion on how it shoulders and shoots off hand. Accuracy at multiple yardages, including maybe longer than 100 yards, like 150 just to see if anything can reliably shoot that far.

TUNING! if it can't be tuned, what pellet did that gun like?

With the detail needed to do a proper review video, it's easy to see why Steve at AEAC spends days on each gun.