What do you want to get from an pcp airgun ?

In recent years, I have found that nothing is called true breakthrough. Even the basic issues such as dual load protection, faster bullet up mechanism ... many manufacturers still can't do it. Actually, about 5 years ago, there was a product that did it, but then it had to stop producing because of silly errors. But I know that, even though it is faulty, you still love it and own it. In the 2019 iwa, I hope there will be breakthrough products that make a difference.

50 yard groups like this.
1547393498_12500168685c3b59da1e9bf5.85527527_5shot 50yd sitting.jpg
And better!!!

Lightweight - less than 9 pounds when scoped.

maneuverability - no longer than 40 inches.

Well-built and durable 

Quiet - 80db and less

Versatility - adjustable regulator, etc. for power selection

Kinetic energy level to 80 ft lbs

Accuracy

Semi-auto or lever action

Simple and functional magazine 

Shot count - 60+

Fill port accessible without adapter.

Gauges - accurate and easily accessible. digital. or analog, e.g. wiki. (FX and Daystate gauges fail this test)

Quality wooden stock

Picatinny rail for scope and bipod

- reliability of a powder burner (stretch goal here)

- 1/2 MOA or better accuracy (another stretch goal for an air rifle)

- standard 1/2 x 20 UNF threads on end of barrel (not sure why this hasn't been standardized, every company wants to get cute with their own thread specs)

- adjustable 2 stage trigger - one as nice as the Taipan Veteran

- adjustable power/velocity

- changeable calibers

- reliable magazine system + single shot tray

- 20 MOA picatinny rail

- ergonomic chassis system 

- picatinny, or preferably ARCA mount on bottom of stock/chassis for bipod and tripod mounting. Keep the mount as forward as possible for stability (I'm a bit baffled why the airguns that do have mounts for bipods are so far rearward).

• Cry once buy once...if a manufacturer is always trying to sell you something new each year that surpasses last years model, I tend to :eyeroll: pcp air guns are not like cell phones or cars, we don't need new air rifles with old technology rinse and repeated...
  • Modern technology
  • Adjustable (Length of Pull, Hammer Settings, Regulator, Trigger pull, Ect..)
  • Aluminum / Titanium air tubes with 240~ bar fill 
  • High quality LDC included and not an add-on...
  • Proper energy levels for said caliber / barrel length / pressure ie: no choked valves
  • To get whats advertised? 😂
  • To not have to spend another 30-50% of a 1k+ guns value just to get it to shoot as it should?
  • To not be teased with upgrades 1 year + out from hitting shelves...if its worth its WEIGHT, then WAIT...

I checked all my own personal boxes by building a custom rifle, no manufacturer is coming close to the performance of a custom built rifle...be it mine or many others that I know of. If there are things you want from an airgun that aren't presently available, then spend some coin, and get either a machinist or machine the devices yourself. Below is a list of modern air rifle tech commonly NOT present in air rifles

• Balanced valves (.25 cal + ) (I can provide every spec to build these, very simple...down to the last .01 CC of volume required in the balance chamber...within 100 Micro Second Resolution..)
  • Tensioned barrels
  • 85-90% bore porting with restriction plate/screw designed to choke flow
  • Preloaded spring on guides with gap between hammer and valve stem
  • Externally swappable plenums (bigger calibers need much more..)
  • MDS Hammers
  • Thinned stems in the throat for .177-.22.-.25 cal

The above is what I expect from air guns in the 21st century...I am just one guy, and single handedly can do all the above with ease...so why isn't, or why can't a major company? Only company I know of doing the above is American Air Arms...at least someones pushing the envelope...