• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch What do you want or get for Christmas?

I've always liked shorter carbine length guns, both PB and air. My decision now is what caliber I will go with. I don't have anything in .20 cal, so I'm leaning towards that.
.20 is the best of both .177 and .22 . Less trajectory than a .22 and more oomph than a .177 , The down side is much less choice of weights and pellets shape for hunting small game i would take the .177 in a heavier pellet .

I piddle with different things...fixin to start in on some basic ship models. I like books related to my projects,...scored these the other night to add to my library. We'll see what Santa brings.

20231218_162842resize30.jpg

why the short K model ? just asking i Have the K model also wishing for the long 97 to match my HW77 long , much less cocking effort and i like the looks better .
Is the 97 a custom order? I have 6-97’s and they’re all k models. I’ve never saw a regular length 97 offered. Certainly like the looks of the k models better, but like the operation of the longer 77 models I have.
I've always liked shorter carbine length guns, both PB and air. My decision now is what caliber I will go with. I don't have anything in .20 cal, so I'm leaning towards that.
My 97 .20 is in a league of its own. What a rifle (caliber). I can’t explain it, but I believe the .20 cal. is superior. I swore I wasn’t going to venture into the .20 cal. Really glad I broke my promise to myself thanks to this forum. Crow
I piddle with different things...fixin to start in on some basic ship models. I like books related to my projects,...scored these the other night to add to my library. We'll see what Santa brings.

View attachment 418729
I was in Turkey 10 years ago. On the Mediterranean a place called Dutcha, off the beaten path. We were driving and came across ship building outside. It was really cool.
My father built I don’t know how many boats. Enjoy Crow

Is the 97 a custom order? I have 6-97’s and they’re all k models. I’ve never saw a regular length 97 offered. Certainly like the looks of the k models better, but like the operation of the longer 77 models I have.

My 97 .20 is in a league of its own. What a rifle (caliber). I can’t explain it, but I believe the .20 cal. is superior. I swore I wasn’t going to venture into the .20 cal. Really glad I broke my promise to myself thanks to this forum. Crow

I was in Turkey 10 years ago. On the Mediterranean a place called Dutcha, off the beaten path. We were driving and came across ship building outside. It was really cool.
My father built I don’t know how many boats. Enjoy Crow

Scored some more Christmas morning. Couple of books and a small Iwasaki rasp/file.
Best Regards - Aaron

20231225_124522resize30.jpg

Reactions: crowski
New fangled shooting sticks came today, ordered from a gift card. They will replace the home made wooden ones I built in 2013 and have worked well and rock solid rest, just a little slow on adjusting and not feather light. I chose the BOG adrenaline
over the Primos trigger stick. These look more solid to me, I won't adjust the height all that much, but it ranges from 23.5" to 71". Now I have to start practicing with them to see how they will compare to my home made version.
IMG_6648.jpeg

I will put something on the yoke to allow some slide for the springer recoil.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
.20 is the best of both .177 and .22 . Less trajectory than a .22 and more oomph than a .177 , The down side is much less choice of weights and pellets shape for hunting small game i would take the .177 in a heavier pellet .
May only be a few choices in .20, but all of them are good and at least in the 9 .20 cals I have, they're all very accurate with at least 3 of the 4 currently out there. Also makes pellet testing easy and not have to potentially try 10-12 or more to find that right pellet.
Don't let the small choice of pellets stop you if you want one. The world needs more .20 cal shooters :)

Reactions: beerthief
When I order my HW45 I also got 2 tins of JSB Predator’s. So far all the different rounds I’ve bought in .20 cal. They were home runs. Besides these gun are so special, you could probably be accurate with gravel off the driveway. Crow

Reactions: beerthief
When I order my HW45 I also got 2 tins of JSB Predator’s. So far all the different rounds I’ve bought in .20 cal. They were home runs. Besides these gun are so special, you could probably be accurate with gravel off the driveway. Crow
Crow did you get the black HW45 in 20 cal? I ordered and just received that one yesterday. Also got a tin of the predators Im going to try. Love these pistols in 20 cal

Reactions: crowski
Crow did you get the black HW45 in 20 cal? I ordered and just received that one yesterday. Also got a tin of the predators Im going to try. Love these pistols in 20 cal

Yes I did. I was hoping today. They must of got a few. Ironic, there was a .20cal. last year which took over a year to sell, I almost bought it.
‘Thanks for the heads up. I don’t think the predators were available before. Crow