• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What do you use it for? 177/22/25/30...

.177 for 10m shooting, casual target, light pesting (sparrows & chipmunks) and plinking out to 20-25 yards

.22 for general pesting, small game hunting and some plinking out to 50-60 yards

.22 Impact for slugs - mostly for long range plinking, casual target and some pesting - 50 to 125 yards

.25 for larger pests - groundhogs, porcupines and such

Considered a .30 but can't justify one, haven't used the .25 much and expect I will be selling it since the .22 Impact is much more economical to shoot and can be tuned to more FPE if needed. No restrictions where I live so for more energy I resort to rimfire or centerfire rifles.

This is what I told the wife when she asked why so many.

.177 - 2400 KT @ 7pfe is for shooting rats, starlings, and hosps in my sister's barn and outbuildings without pass thrus. It is also used to eliminate pest birds and chipmunks within 30 yards of our house in the summer months. Longest kill...chipper @ 41 yards.

.177 - HW30 @ 7fpe is for plinking and target shooting. It also has pulled double duty to rid the barns of small pests in the cold months. Longest kill...squirrel @ 26 yards. It's also the most satisfying rifle to shoot.

.177 - HW100 BP-K @ 17fpe is for eliminating pest birds past 30 yards and squirrel/rabbit hunting. It also is used for paper targets out to 50 yards. Longest kill...squirrel @ 70 yrds.

.22 - 2260 @12fpe is for eliminating squirrels in the yard and pidgeons in the barn and outbuildings. Longest kill....pigeon @ 44 yards.

.22 - Brocock Contour @15fpe is my favorite for hunting squirrel, rabbits and shooting pidgeons in the barns and outbuildings. Longest kill...rabbit @ 70 yards.

.22 - Benjamin Trail NP2 @18fpe is for plinking water filled cans with w/c pellets and has taken more raccoons than the Brocock and Daystate put together. Longest kill...squirrel @ 56 yards.

.22 - Daystate Regal XL @30fpe is for squirrel, rabbits, pest birds past 70 yards, and groundhogs. Longest kill...groundhog @ 48 yards.

I classify my guns not only by caliber but also power. I like to use only enough power as necessary for a clean kill. Pass thrus aren't an option in a barn full of livestock, or a backyard.

"Use the right tool for the job".

Both my guns are .22. I got them for pest and that’s what I use them for. Although I think I took care of the pest problem last year. 
last night I got my first one in four months. 
22 yards with my Benjamin Marauder pistol 
1587263472_21288276405e9bb7f008b452.49591782.jpeg