What do you think of the Kral Puncher Marine?

I puchased my first PCP a couple of months ago and I'm loving it. I bought a .177 Diana Stormrider and it's awesome. I've wanted a bullpup since I got into airguns a couple of years ago and today I went to the Pyramyd Air website and purchased the .22 Kral Puncher Breaker Marine which I think I'll fall in love with, just wondering what you thought of this rifle, it's my first non low budget or entry level gun. It was between this and the Air Venturi bullpup and after watching and reading all the reviews I chose the Kral! At some point next year I plan on adding a .25 and the Air Venturi might fill that need.

Reactions: mike_k10
I puchased my first PCP a couple of months ago and I'm loving it. I bought a .177 Diana Stormrider and it's awesome. I've wanted a bullpup since I got into airguns a couple of years ago and today I went to the Pyramyd Air website and purchased the .22 Kral Puncher Breaker Marine which I think I'll fall in love with, just wondering what you thought of this rifle, it's my first non low budget or entry level gun. It was between this and the Air Venturi bullpup and after watching and reading all the reviews I chose the Kral! At some point next year I plan on adding a .25 and the Air Venturi might fill that need.
Howdy!

I was in your situation 4 months ago and went into the shop prepared to buy the avenger bullpup. Then I saw the Kral Puncher Breaker and recognized the name from my research. I was able to compare them in the shop prior to purchase.

Once I put my own hands on the two guns I decided on the Kral, no doubt. I prefer the weight distribution, trigger, rail height, and grip, to start.

I have a standard Avenger and wanted that in bullpup form with a better stock, which isn’t the case. The trigger is awful. The scope rail is too high for close range pesting and comfortable shooting. The adjustable cheekrest and buttstock are nice but aren’t enough. When held side by side with the Kral the issues become magnified.

My opinion, look beyond the Avenger for your next gun.

I hope you enjoy your Kral as much as I do mine!

Reactions: Scotay42
Thank you for your comments, being in rural east Tennessee there is no place I can go to check out airguns so I rely on YouTube and the wonderful forum members at this site. The salesman at PA also told me how much better the Kral is compared to the AV because he shoots the same Kral I purchased and that lined up with a lot of the videos and the comments I've been reading. I messed around with low budget airguns for two years and decided to step it up and I'm glad I did!

M -TN-Airgunner Nothing wrong with the Puncher Breaker as I have two. They shoot JSB'S 18.3's and crosman 14.3 premeirs domes really good . Seems that the JSB are a little better thou at 3/4 power on the power adjuster wheel. I use the cheaper crosman's pellets most of the time YMMV. They are a little heavy to pack around hunting so you may want to use a single point sling too help out if your a hunter. I have taken quite a few rabbits and squirrels with mine. You also can buy Carm magazines for them which I like better than the stock mags. Have fun and enjoy the sport ! Here is one of mine
0505211429a.jpg

Go on eBay and order some maruader baffles to put in the shroud, less than 20 bucks if I remember right. It quiets it down enough to shoot and hunt with without a suppressor. Get a suppressor adapter and add the can to the end for being super sneaky! Congrats on the new pup, you’ll love that boat anchor!

Beau
Marauder baffles and spring fit the PB. Last time a bought them they were $1.15 each. Only holds 4 plus the spring.

Good information, where can I get Carm magazines? How do the fill probe orings hold up? I've read that they can get tears on the orings when inserted into the the fill port and because of the tears you can't fill the gun.
The Probe is the same as Evanix, I only change O-rings every half a decade or so,....if so,
also you can buy a bag from McMaster for pretty cheap, Silicone grease is your best friend in the PCP adventure.

Last edited:
Reactions: moodyblues
Sorry guys, as a PCP newbie I've just got questions. I didn't get into airguns until the Wuhan pandemic when I got stuck at home and needed something to do. Since then I purchased a Crosman F4NP and discovered I don't like break barrels, not for me. Then I tried Crosman 1377 and 1322's and love them and enjoy modifying and shooting them and next it was the Crosman 2240's and I had to modify that too converting all of my Crosman's into rifles with various barrel lengths and goodies to increase power. Next it was the Diana Chaser and I fell in love with the simplicity of the Chasers and how easy they are to maintain and that lead to the Stormrider .177 PCP and hand pump followed by a $250 electric pump from Amazon followed by my curiosity about bullpups. Loved the idea of a short rifle so I had to get the Kral Puncher but I got the Kral beacause I'm cheap and really wanted the Beeman under lever which is never in stock so I talked myself into the Puncher although I did consider the Walther Reign until I discovered I couldn't add a suppressor which I have to have a quiet gun because I live in a subdivision and don't want to draw attention to myself. Now I can confirm that I have a terrible, terrible addiction according to my wife and kids!

Reactions: jearly
So far I'm not loving PcP's, hopefully that'll change over time. I did manage to solve the problem I was having with not being able to are my gun up. I called Pyramyd Air and talked to Stacy who is a Air Venturi representative and she new exactly what the problem was. It turned out to be the part that screws onto the air probe. She sent me a new one plus 4 o-rings and now the gun is easy to air up. I'm now having another problem and I'll give her a call tomorrow. The problem I'm experiencing now is very odd. When I pull the lever back to load a pellet onto the single shot tray the gun fires when I push the lever back once the pellet is on the single shot tray and the trigger is locked like the Safety is engaged when it isn't and I can't fire the gun with the trigger. I should also mention the lever will not lock when I pull it back. It was doing fine all day, I managed to shoot 60 - 70 pellets and then the lever would not lock into place when I tried to load a pellet. The gun has a 1 year warranty but I'd rather not send it off because it's probably an easy fix but before I do anything I want to contact Stacy again and see what she tells me to do. I went to the Pyramyd Air website to read reviews about my gun and discovered the gun is $70.00 cheaper now. I want to love the Puncher Breaker but right now it's a Breaker as in breaking down and I feel like giving it a good punch!

So far I'm not loving PcP's, hopefully that'll change over time. I did manage to solve the problem I was having with not being able to are my gun up. I called Pyramyd Air and talked to Stacy who is a Air Venturi representative and she new exactly what the problem was. It turned out to be the part that screws onto the air probe. She sent me a new one plus 4 o-rings and now the gun is easy to air up. I'm now having another problem and I'll give her a call tomorrow. The problem I'm experiencing now is very odd. When I pull the lever back to load a pellet onto the single shot tray the gun fires when I push the lever back once the pellet is on the single shot tray and the trigger is locked like the Safety is engaged when it isn't and I can't fire the gun with the trigger. I should also mention the lever will not lock when I pull it back. It was doing fine all day, I managed to shoot 60 - 70 pellets and then the lever would not lock into place when I tried to load a pellet. The gun has a 1 year warranty but I'd rather not send it off because it's probably an easy fix but before I do anything I want to contact Stacy again and see what she tells me to do. I went to the Pyramyd Air website to read reviews about my gun and discovered the gun is $70.00 cheaper now. I want to love the Puncher Breaker but right now it's a Breaker as in breaking down and I feel like giving it a good punch!
I think you’ve got two problems, very easy fix for both.
It seems your hammer spring adjustment has crept in and you’re experiencing coil bind with your hammer spring. So your cocking lever can’t travel rearward enough to engage the sear. I’d start there and see if that also helps with the premature discharge. Remove the stock and back the big flat blade out a couple turns, it’s at the back of the action. This will lower your fps a tad.
The trigger is adjustable also. The take up is adjusted on the trigger rod at the sear. Theres a small nut on the end of the rod, backing it out a half or full turn will give you a little more travel. The sear engagement adjustment is on the bottom of the action. One of the sear parts has a small hole in it with a grub screw, maybe 4mm don’t remember exactly. This is probably the cause of the gun firing when closing the lever. CCW will give you more sear engagement. Once you’re comfortable with adjusting your trigger I’d put a drop of removable loctite on the grub screw.
Try to get the bugs worked out if you can, the Krals are worth a little headache. Hope this helps.

Beau