What do you think about hunting pellets and slugs.

My son his girl friend 50ish and I have terminated the existence of 7500 to 8000 vermin in the last 3 months, all .22.

Over 2000 JSB 18.13 about the same Hades and 3000 Terminators a few Poly mags and a few slugs, very few for me.

Two Brocock Snipers and two Crown's, one 500mm and a Continuum with the 380mm barrels.

Now with the background a review of the pellet or what I think.

JSB 18.13 is most likely the best known and performed well out to 125 yards on a ground squirrel and was predictable in the wind. For open country very good hunting pellet but around dairies and buildings get many pass through's on pigeon's, dove's and ground squirrels.

Hades again maybe did a little better than the 18.13 with fewer pass though's but giving up a small amount of accuracy.

Terminator not as accurate as the other two but good out to a little beyond 60 yards. You definitely get a bigger pop on the smaller game and it did very well for Rock Chuck sized out to 60 yards.

Polly Mags performed well but I had the longs, grabbed the wrong cans, need the shorts in the FX mags.

Slugs I shot very few, have not tuned for them "YET". With little experience on slugs they do buck the wind better and release energy quicker. And the down side price.

OK beat me up I'm old and can take it. And tell me where's the best price for more ammo. Already dreaming on the next hunt but I think the wife needs a break.

Try some Crosman Piranhas and see how they do, they're cheap in cost, I use them in my Mrod with LW polygon barrel, Gauntlet and my Bull boss, they shoot straight with good groups out to 40 yards, not sure how they do on prey yet, haven't had anything to shoot with them yet except for Flies.... They Vaporize Flies....., something to try out since JSB's are getting too expensive.... $18 - $20 bucks a tin (500 pcs) .22..😨😭... I've been glad the cheap crosmans have worked for me, unfortunately my Sumatra hates them...... can't win them all....😃 

I'm so used to shooting pellets ive stuck with them. The 18.13 JSB will shoot .5 @50y and 1.5 @100y with both my Tuned Gauntlet and Nova Liberty. My Gauntlet hates slugs, but the nova will shoot the 20.2 .217 almost exactly as the JSB 18.13. I just prefer the pellets, the slugs are better in the wind but I get more humane kills with the pellets. Even at 915 fps the slugs just dont expand like I thought, the JSB pellets look like a pancake at that velocity.

I'm so used to shooting pellets ive stuck with them. The 18.13 JSB will shoot .5 @50y and 1.5 @100y with both my Tuned Gauntlet and Nova Liberty. My Gauntlet hates slugs, but the nova will shoot the 20.2 .217 almost exactly as the JSB 18.13. I just prefer the pellets, the slugs are better in the wind but I get more humane kills with the pellets. Even at 915 fps the slugs just dont expand like I thought, the JSB pellets look like a pancake at that velocity.

Weird because I get insane expansion with the 20.2 gr. Nielsen's going a similar speed.

Crossman pellets for me were up and down. One bunch shot good the next just OK.

Would like a 17-19 gr slug at 950 or so for the longer or wind shots. Not bad with the 18.13 now but if my next gun is a Impact or RW I can get to a 25 gr pellet at a good speed too.

Nothing gives me more pleasure than a WAG at 80-100 yards in a good side wind and making a first shot hit.