What do you look for in a "Hunting" or "Pesting" post?

So far, basically in order of when they were posted.

A little/short brief story about the kill.

No downloading video or pics.

If video, under 5 minutes.

If video, no music.

Show gun with kill in pic/video.

Details of the kill.

Only "righteous" kills.

a nice clean couple of specimens layin with the gun with the details of the circumstances that led to them being shot .. what i dont like are obvious animals that were used for a live target for no reason .. a perst chewed up by the dog and all filthy isnt very appetizing either lol, but not real critical ..

What details, specifically?

Thanks

I like background info on the pests at the location (are they destroying/damaging homes, barns, agricultural land, crops, etc?.) Slow motion is really helpful to see the POI on many kill shots. It’s also cool to see a missed shot here and there. I appreciate commentary on what the pester found challenging and how they confronted the challenges (i.e. wind, pests that won’t come out into the open leaving few brief opportunities for kill shots, improvisation due to equipment malfunction, etc). I enjoy seeing and hearing a brief description of the pesting setup, ammo, and tune/fpe used for the particular permission/outing being filmed.

A little/short brief story about the kill.

If video, no music.

Details of the kill(?) Need more specifics here.

Only "righteous" kills.

Location and reason for kill (pesting).

Slow motion (if video, if possible)

Show some missed shots (if video)

Obstacles (wind, etc.) and solutions to those obstacles

Equipment improvisation.

Set up: Gun, caliber, pellet, fps, fpe, RANGE, scope.

Sorry, got called away while trying to post this... and lost (forgot) what I was going to add. (sigh)

I like background info on the pests at the location (are they destroying/damaging homes, barns, agricultural land, crops, etc?.) Slow motion is really helpful to see the POI on many kill shots. It’s also cool to see a missed shot here and there. I appreciate commentary on what the pester found challenging and how they confronted the challenges (i.e. wind, pests that won’t come out into the open leaving few brief opportunities for kill shots, improvisation due to equipment malfunction, etc). I enjoy seeing and hearing a brief description of the pesting setup, ammo, and tune/fpe used for the particular permission/outing being filmed.

NO MUSIC on the video! (My taste in music is not your taste in music) I want to hear the gun and the impact. Music is Ok on the video intro - but don't over do it puleeez

YES,YES,YES !!!!

And no dark side images of skulls and cross bones and BS. Air gun hunting is clean, quiet, efficient and about precision shooting.

Amen to that!

Any more suggestions? Or does that about cover it?

A brief story about the kill.

If video, no music.

Details of the kill(?) Need more specifics here.

Only "righteous" kills.

Location and reason for kill (pesting).

Slow motion (if video, if possible)

Show some missed shots (if video)

Obstacles (wind, etc.) and solutions to those obstacles

Equipment improvisation.

Set up: Gun, caliber, pellet, fps, fpe, RANGE, scope.

Don't simply post a Youtube (or other link). See the first suggestion in this list.

A brief story, not gonna read a book.

If it's just a post linking to their youtube video then that seems embarrassingly desperate for clicks and I don't watch

Thanks!

Keep them coming and feel free to correct me if necessary on my condensing of the posted comments/suggestions.

Good quality video, perhaps some narration (not a requirement), a description on the video regarding equipment. Mostly it's about quality video and perhaps several camera angles. Music is typically a mistake unless its at the beginning of the video or end. There are so many music tastes that you'll alienate people by having music too often and if it's incredibly loud. If you don't have scope footage then decent footage close enough by 1 or more cameras improves things. Videos that dwell on equipment aren't very good. 10 seconds on equipment is enough and a lot can be learned on equipment from a description or separate equipment video. I'm a fan of slow motion but don't overdo it. Finally, develop your own style and character of videos and avoid copying someone else's success. That's a big turn off. I suspect most people can develop their own style within about 20 videos.. Some sooner. And there's no rule on length here I usually don't watch videos less than 2 minutes long unless it's got some viral magic (I'm not going to define that term other than to say you'll probably know you got it on film when it happens).