What do you fill your shooting bag with

I have used sand , Heavy and seems to leak everywhere, Cat litter works better than sand but still heavy , Rubber mulch, not as heavy, rice , I got one i stuffed old T shirts in works pretty good, I think the rice is the best , But if I was going Mobil the T shirt one or the rubber mulch would be my carry bag....

what are yawl stuffing in your bags 

Mike

O.K., new favorite which I got and tried after reading this thread, and thinking about things a bit more. Airsoft ammo - the lightest weight you can get (.12 grams in my case).

IMG_2725.JPG

$15 a jug, and for a large rear bag you will need at least 1.5 jugs, depending on how firm you like your bag. Still cheaper than poly pellets.

Since the airsoft BBs are smooth and uniform, the filled bag feels much better to me as compared to beans. And wetness won't affect it. But beans are still a lot cheaper.

The bags feel good when filled with rice, but once again you can't get them wet. And rice is cheaper.

The airsoft BBs are relatively large for a filling material, and therefore don't leak past the bag's velcro seal. Cut a pie shaped opening in the foil sealing lid of the container, and they are easy to use filling the bag, without spilling all over, having to use a scoop, etc.

As far as 'feel' when you are planting your buttstock into the bag, poly pellets win by a very slight margin to me. The airsoft BBs are in a close second, followed by rice. Beans are in a distant 4th. Those are the only materials I have used so far.

But for the cost difference compared to poly pellets, and being impervious to wetness over rice & beans, make the airsoft BBs my top choice of the fill materials I have tried.