• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What distance are you shooting?

i'm so jealous. all i have is 25-yards. one can throw a dart and hit a bullseye from there.

backyardplinking002.1624376068.JPG

anyone can pick a spot way out, figure out where its hitting and sight into that, then prop the gun up so it doesnt move and waste ammo .. that does nothing for me personally .. where i live i have real targets that move and cause me problems .. most the airguns are capable of point blank to 50-60 yards and i can judge holdover accurately out to 75-80 .. thats the ranges i shoot .. doesnt matter that i could set up a target at 200 out on top of the hill and zero into it .. that means nothing in the real world .. in the real world i need to be able to first judge the useable distance out to 80, so that takes practice, and be able to take things out in varying conditions with reasonable certainty ...

I can go to 150 yards if I want but I generally stay under 75 yards. The majority of my shooting is done from 25 yards to 50 yards. I'm just a general backyard plinker. I like shooting groups on cardboard and hitting reactive targets of all kinds especially paintballs on golf tees and steel eggs.

The red circle is where I let the grass grow tall. From the edge of the concrete to the tall grass is 78 yards.

804070DB-6F46-483A-A750-E3FFE392AF37.1624565964.jpeg