• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What did you shoot today?

Package came from AOA today. I had them ship USPS instead of UPS since USPS normally delivers before noon (so I can shoot!) while UPS normally delivers to my house after dark this time of year.

Even with only about 50 pellets through it so far, it is everything I hoped for (and maybe just a little more?) in looks, shooting quality and accuracy.😁

IMG_1178.1612324065.JPG

Got my second delivery of the week today from last week's AOA 'pre-owned' drop. Pulsar HP in .25 cal, wearing a Forester laminate stock.

For some reason it didn't seem to be making all that much power, even on the HI setting. But then I ran the chrony numbers, and it is actually making more power than my Wolverine R HP in .25. There is just something about the smooth shot cycle of the Pulsars, and the 0DB moderator, even though it is sized in .30 cal, really quiets this Pulsar down.

Gotta lighten the trigger just a bit though.

IMG_1187.1612485405.JPG

Home with the flu and to cheer me up i shot 2 new to me pistols over the chrony to see what power and how even the speed is with varius pellets, first a brand new Benjamin trail NP .177 pistol, i have read about it that the trigger is realy bad, but mine didn't feel to bad actually, but i need to shoot at some targets to get an idéa how it is, and i also have read that the power should climb a bit after some hundreds of shots, i tested around 20 types of pellets both flatheads and domed, and it doesn't seems to be pelletpicky, atleast powerwise, it delivers around 5.5-6 joule with most of them, some Crosman pellets vary in size so the power spread out a bit, but the destroyer shot pretty god numbers. Rws and H/N gave the highest numbers and less spread between shots.

Example: Rws premium line 7.0gr 165 m/s 6.2 joule. Rws Geco and basic 7,0gr 156-158 m/s. H/N pistol 7.56gr 156-157 m/s 5.9 joule. 

Next pistol is a second hand Baikal Mp-53m 177, could not complete the test cause the battery in the chrony got empty so it's being charged, but jsb express 7.87gr delivers around 110-112 m/s and +3 joule, Crosman destroyer not to far behind with around 110 m/s and 3 joule also

IMG_20210210_135343.1612964714.jpg

New FWB Sport. Brand new gun with less than 50 pellets through it. I've read a lot of bad press about the FWB Sport. My opinion is that much of the negatives said relate to the initial cost of the rifle. Also, I am sure that some of the guns purchased may have been on the harsh side of things but I'm here to tell you that the one I received from Champions Choice for $495 was worth every penny. I have only a slight buzz when firing. Cocking stroke is smooth as silk and silent. Fit and finish is over the top. The trigger is light and crisp...breaks like glass. Every bit as good as the Record trigger on my brother's R1. Does the gun kick a little - well yeah...it's a magnum powered airgun after all. Having said that I would say it's not any worse than my Beeman RX2 or for that matter my brother's R1and the RX2 is significantly heavier. I didn't get any photos of targets but suffice to say it's accurate as all get out. Next time out I'll have some photos.

I was thinking about getting it tuned to make it even nicer but I'm going to wait and see how ell this rifle settles in.

IMG_2859.1612980061.JPG

First accurasy test done with the Baikal Mp-53m, only @ 3 meters, but i got some triggertime atleast, and she isn't pelletpicky, liked both jsb, H/N and Rws, if i had to pick some winners it's jsb 7.87gr and 8.44gr, H/N excite, finale match pistol and match pistol, Rws meisterkugeln, geco, R10 match and diabolo basic, some ripped the paper so the hole looks bigger, i need to strech it out past 10m @ real targets to see how they perform, i am very pleased with the pistol, good balance, great accurasy and great trigger for the price 

IMG_20210211_131830.1613047757.jpg

Did some pellet test with the Benjamin trail NP pistol @ 3m, then took the 4 best of those and shot the target in the picture, 5 shot each except Rws superdome that i shot 6 because of a flyer, close call between jsb 7.87gr and the h/n excite plinking 7.48gr, will test them all and some others @ 10m when i get the chance, and as you can see they all hit low and as I had read that is the case with almost all these ones, but i found out that if i don't shoot with the cocking aid the pellets hits higher and are spot on atleast @ this distance

IMG_20210212_110654.1613132855.jpg