• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What did you do airgun related today.

Got home from the office and daylight savings time had the sun still up…

… so I rushed out and got 26 shots downrange counting 2 sighters. Then light was too dim.

IMG_4148.jpeg

IMG_4149.jpeg

That is beauty in simplicity!!! What are you using for a back stop? It looks like paper or magazines, but the covering has me confused. I have a 3ft hallway by about 45ft overall. At what distance are you shooting, 10m?

Keeping this OT, I'm making plans for my indoor range and I received notification that the P17 I ordered will be delivered Saturday!
Oh, crap, today I stepped into another rabbit hole! Indoor pellet traps.

I finally got out and shot for the first time in several weeks. Got a match Saturday so I decided to see if the problems with the 2078A had been sorted. It appears to be back to normal, just needed a barrel cleaning. Got 60 shots at full or near full power with 2 12mg co2 cartridges so that’s back to normal as well. Sights are set properly too so I may just shoot this rifle on Saturday. The best part was that I found myself enjoying it. That had been missing lately.

Rick H.

Had some extra noise out of my .22 Maverick compact, decided to change the breech o-ring, just in case...turns out I'd had it on the slug port instead of the pellet port. Also turns out that it didn't make a lick of difference at the 125bar i'm running. I also found out that I misplaced my o-rings..somewhere, just happened to have one laying around. Oh and I also finally figured out that the FX probes are rough as all get out, run your finger nail over it and you can feel it, they are turned, not centerless ground. Running a file through an o-ring a few hundred times a day isn't a good thing.

Had some extra noise out of my .22 Maverick compact, decided to change the breech o-ring, just in case...turns out I'd had it on the slug port instead of the pellet port. Also turns out that it didn't make a lick of difference at the 125bar i'm running. I also found out that I misplaced my o-rings..somewhere, just happened to have one laying around. Oh and I also finally figured out that the FX probes are rough as all get out, run your finger nail over it and you can feel it, they are turned, not centerless ground. Running a file through an o-ring a few hundred times a day isn't a good thing.
Yeah, they will wear out the brass breech too

Time for that Revere to spring into action…
The Revere has been wearing my 36x scope, even though it’s been forever since I had time for 30YC.

I’ve purchased two CZ200 177’s from members here. I have the Avanti Valiant set up for rodents and lizards. It’s shooting 10.3 gr 13 FPE. The S200 arrives today, it’s a single shot and will get the 24x Sightron to see what it can do. I’ve wanted one of these CZ200 action rifles for a looong time. I’m glad I finally did it.

IMG_3043.jpeg

IMG_3108.jpeg

The Revere has been wearing my 36x scope, even though it’s been forever since I had time for 30YC.

I’ve purchased two CZ200 177’s from members here. I have the Avanti Valiant set up for rodents and lizards. It’s shooting 10.3 gr 13 FPE. The S200 arrives today, it’s a single shot and will get the 24x Sightron to see what it can do. I’ve wanted one of these CZ200 action rifles for a looong time. I’m glad I finally did it.

View attachment 445208

View attachment 445209

Beautiful classic looks rifle Florida_Man !

I made a crazy shot on a tree rat the other day while shooting a 30 Yard card…

… had a friend’s HW100 that I tuned to 24.5 ft/lbs. Was shooting 18.13g on the 30 yard card when I spotted a squirrel out in the woods behind making a lot of noise…

… I had a 45X Sightron on the rifle, but because the squirrel was lined up behind my wind flag, I could pick out his very blurry image in the Sightron. So, I turned the focus knob aimed a sliver over his head and twhock - dropped him on the spot.

Shooting fps was 765. I laser measured the distance later at 51 yards. Usually you have no chance to quickly acquire a target at 45X… but I got lucky.

Reactions: Florida_Man
Spent time contemplating how much my dog is a better shooting companion with air guns than archery. Every arrow I shoot he thinks is a stick I am throwing for him he can't get since I have him staked behind me to keep him out of the shooting lane.
Also did some shooting with the gamo silent cat getting it ready for a buddy to take ownership of this week.

Prophet in a Pelican
Used my tax refund to get a travel case for my P3.
Spent some time tracing the outlines one the foam and used one of my blades to make a cozy space.
And made a little space for my bipod and a pellet container called a Pellcan
View attachment 445240
View attachment 445241
I did that and the foam decided to fall apart. I'm going to spend the bucks and get some laser cut inserts, pricy but, hey we've got multi thousands in these things, they're worth it.

What cameras are you using? Have been looking into this option myself.
I have two of these. They work great at the distance I have them set from my router, about 20 yards.

Reactions: woogie_man