What did you do airgun related today.

As it’s raining here, I again took apart my Crown “trigger” (aka see-saw with a plunger) and tried a variety of ball point pen springs. I cut some down, finished ends to grip on trigger and sear, etc.

Eventually I got it to a pretty consistent 8-9 ounces - while using the fake 2nd stage plunger. Of course, it doesn’t spring back into position if you release the first stage, but I expected and am OK with that.

This feels better than the 14.5 ounces that I was using with the stock trigger spring.

This Crown shoots lights out as a target rifle (see scores I posted in 30&40 Yard Challenge thread). It would be incredible if it had a reasonable trigger design.

IMG_3575.jpeg

IMG_3576.jpeg

Reactions: Florida_Man
I also had time to record some chronograph numbers and started a thread for this new rifle.

Reactions: cavedweller
So It is Jan 1st. I decided to start on resealling and cleaning my PCPs.
For My M3s, I wanted to do something I have been putting off...
Making PEEK Valves ..

It starts out sizing the PEEK rods, drill and final Ream the holes.
I cut them a bit long, so I face one end , then the other to final length!
Peek1.jpg

I using some polishing cloth one the sealing side. To get it to a mirror finish
Peek6.jpg

The reamed hole is .005" undersized, so I press them on using my lathe and tailstock...(no glue needed)
Peek2.jpg

Now I cut the 20º taper...I mount the valve-stem into a spare coupler unit.
Peek3.jpg

Take off the coupler and dress the tapered end.
Peek4.jpg

So here is the finished Valve-stem unit.....
Peek5.jpg

New years day 2024 ...
Decided that the JTS Airacuda .22 standard should have a regulator :rolleyes:
Happened to have an extra factory MAX regulator on hand, so fabricated an in-tube holder having a smallish plenum volume.
Set at @ 120bar filled tank to 3k and went about shooting 48 regulated shots ( JSB 15.9 @ 890 fps )
While not a power house, its running a healthy +28fpe being very quiet & accurate .. perfect for a hike around plinker / light hunter.

12.jpg

I hung a remodeled and refinished stock up by the furnace to dry, probably for a few weeks...

The past few days I've been putting the AEA 457 Challenger Bullpup's wooden stock on a diet. First I cut well over an inch of wood off the back end to bring the length of pull closer to 14" with no pad. Then I cut most of the "extra" wood out of the center, rounded and smoothed the cut edges and the grip, and narrowed the fat fore stock by half an inch.

I stained the nude beech stock twice with a mixture of golden oak and dark walnut oil base stain, then slathered on a couple layers of Minwax satin polyurethane. It appears that it is going to take a while to dry the oil and harden off the finish.

I just received my first carbon fiber tank ( 9 Liters ) and immediately got freaked the hell out, CUZ how is something so light going to hold that much air under that much pressure.
I am already looking forward to getting it filled / transporting it in and out of my 2 floor apartment, Something i always dread with my 12 L Hybrid ( carbon fiber / steel ) bottle due to the weight and ny physique.

I can lift the damn thing with 2 fingers :D

IMG_20240102_095200.jpg

Used the search function on the classifieds for the 1st time. About 1 hour, ugh.
Made somewhat of a mistake on the wife's Christmas present (naturally she loves it but NOT actually the airgun what she was thinking of when I brought it up a few months ago) so seeing what prices seem to be on a few used airguns.
She already has a nice FT rig and just wants (I think???) a fun water filled can blaster and inside 24 yards (Chicken coup) varmint killing rig, so far it is looking like a Benjamin Bulldog - "I" had one when they came out & sold it not knowing she liked it or I could have just wrapped it with her name under the tree and then put it in her rack - may be one option.

John