What did you do airgun related today.

I chrony my M60B and Impact MK2. The speed of the projectiles have increased in recent warmer temperature causing my POI to be higher from before. M60B with NSA 17.5gr went up 33 fps and MK2 with H&N 25gr went up 18 fps. So I had to redo my range tape for each gun using the Element Ballistic Calculator. All good again.

I bought 5 tins of .177 JSB pellets in different weights. Funny how I've started to enjoy low fpe. I've got a good stash of 10gr pellets and up, but I really only got a few tins of light pellets I bought to try in my 1701P and now the DreamTac has shown an interest in them as well. So I bought the lightweight spectrum of JSB domes - 7.33gr, 7.87gr, 8.44gr (x2) and topped the order off with 10.34gr. $95 and change. I am really glad I made an ongoing investment in ammo early on. I am still shooting ammo I bought in 2016 or so that cost 35-45% less than it does today.
Edited to add: Took a look at what it would take to mount a proper globe front sight on my Mrod and decided I will need to get a 4mm dovetail riser for the rear sight. That or give up on being able to dial in at 10 meters. But a 4mm riser under the rear sight should maintain my ability to sight in as close as 6 meters.

Last edited:
Very, very strong winds today and 2 more days forecasted. Sad I can't shoot for a few days. Anyway, not to waste time, got me working on a manifold design to teeter my 5 SCBA tanks together. This will allow one point connection for charging airguns and only one bleed valve after main shot off valve. This save some high pressure air as manifold and tank lines will stay charge. I will also add 1 quick connect male with check valve for one point compressor hook up.

Receive ordered mat'l. today, manage to cut a piece for the 2240 adapter. This are ASTM rated alloys, the only type I use where pressure is 100 bar or higher.

IMG_0634.jpg

Decided to take a break from the dream hunter and tore down a different rifle instead. The outfitter 22. Nothing fancy, mostly inspection, moly on piston, and tar on the spring. Nice internals on these, factory steel spring guide, and top hat. The spring itself was fairly well aligned, but I did square up the ends just a bit since it was already out. Added 1 spacer washer on the top hat. And put it back together. Shooting about 672 with cphp. Only about 10fps less than brand new 15-20 years ago. Not bad for never being rebuilt. One day I will replace the seal and spring, not today though.

Scope shuffle. I had a challenge with the S200. The barrel mount is off a little, resulting in not having enough windage range. I had on old dovetail to pic I had to grind to get the single shot tray to work. The long sightron scopes make it extra difficult. I ordered some low mounts, but the adjustable will work for now. It's a little high for my liking.
I'm at least hashing out what scopes I want on specific rifles.

I started having trouble yesterday and thought of checking the mounts last night. I verified the scope was fine with another rifle. I found this today.

The main block

The barrel clamp mount. I tried to loosen and tighten it level, but it didn't want to stay level with any torque. I tried the forward and rear positions, same result. I might try and turn it around and see if that works.

This shows the location the scope needs to be placed on the rifle, and the grinding it took to get the SST to line up properly. This is my 24x Sightron.

Reactions: Bandito and Genob
I finished the framing on my shot shed, and also did the roofing, and even put on the roof but it will have to wait a couple of days to be waterproofed.

No sweat when you are a kick ass carpretender ( that's my lingo for a happy go lucky DIY guy that's not really a carpenter )
Doing the family thing tomorrow, day after tomorrow i hit the shot shed again for waterproofing and siding.

NO pics snapped CUZ i was done 1 hour or so after sunset, barely enough light to s´coot on your ass around on the roof and run in some screws.

Woa! Haven't spent a full day working since I retired, lol. Got a lot done on my 2240 project. Got the adapter for the Notos tank finished and mounted. Adjust reg down to 1600 psi. Cut and crown a crosman 2260 barrel and cut a carbon fiber sleeve. Test fit grips, boy did I miss up, screw hole is off on left side. Have to stop now and think it through how to adjust this, hope I don't have to make another.

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg