What did you do airgun related today.

Today I was having problem using fiber sights blocking out the target, and after much thought I removed the fiber optics from the rear sight leaving a nice standard U shaped rear sight and sure enough for me I could better see the target but hit it much more often. I have other guns with fiber sight and seem to work ok. The ones I removed were just too bright for me to get a good sight picture. Charles

Reactions: Bandito
I shot 5 mags (50 177) pellets from my Avenger bullpup at the target in the middle of the fire pit. I shoot from inside my shop (25yds). It is a very quiet setup with a DonnyFL adapter and 0dB moderator I bought from Baker Airguns. I have the Outers 22lr bullet trap stuffed with rubber mulch and two layers of SecondSkin stuck to the back. I often have Red Breast Robins going about their business in the yard and usually other birds and squirrels off to the right undisturbed feeding from bird feeders. I walked down to switch in a new target and jumped a doe white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) that was laying behind the swimming pool. I backed off and came back to the house because it is fawning time and I don’t want to cause any stress. But, darn! I shouldn’t have to worry about the neighbors!
View attachment 448221
Are you on friendly terms with your neighbors? Is it legal to shoot airguns in your backyard? If the answer is yes, then simply go about your safe shooting. My neighbors, whom we are friendly with know that I shoot in my backyard. As for airgun related…?

Spent a bunch of time practicing my standing off hand shots at 15 yds. Have been seated mostly working on sight adjustments. Now that those are looking good it was time to get shots in from other positions with the Dream Hunter 22. After I switched over to a completely stock/untuned Gamo silent cat....something everyone should do now and then to really appreciate how nice it is to have that twang and vibration taken out of the equation, lol
All my guns throw a Flier if i even say the word "g--- " while i am shooting . I think if i brought one of those guns into my house i would hear all the compressed air leak out in unison . ( hmmm a few days early for April 1st. )

Was doing some outside garden prep and my 8 y/o was messing with the rimfire/pellet target. I asked if he wanted to shoot at it and he said yes. Set it up at about 13 yards and he was whacking it with ease with the .177 dreamtac compact. Set up some paintballs on toothpicks for more challenge and he hit it first try. The rifle was mounted on my tripod and he was standing. Shot about 10 paintballs until a squirrel started heading for the feeder. He started to sight it in and mommy said no. I told him if he shoots it, he has to skin and eat it. He opted out of shooting it. Shot probably 5-6 mags with it turned down to the high 600s, we only used 50 bar of air. Fun to shoot when you don't have to fill up as fast. Now I have to teach him how to pump up the air he uses so I am not the one always doing it.

All my guns throw a Flier if i even say the word "g--- " while i am shooting . I think if i brought one of those guns into my house i would hear all the compressed air leak out in unison . ( hmmm a few days early for April 1st. )
It came to me for free a while back. Needed a front sight. I have since sent it on with a friend who has a problem with stray cans in the backyard....

Reactions: Bandito
Was doing some outside garden prep and my 8 y/o was messing with the rimfire/pellet target. I asked if he wanted to shoot at it and he said yes. Set it up at about 13 yards and he was whacking it with ease with the .177 dreamtac compact. Set up some paintballs on toothpicks for more challenge and he hit it first try. The rifle was mounted on my tripod and he was standing. Shot about 10 paintballs until a squirrel started heading for the feeder. He started to sight it in and mommy said no. I told him if he shoots it, he has to skin and eat it. He opted out of shooting it. Shot probably 5-6 mags with it turned down to the high 600s, we only used 50 bar of air. Fun to shoot when you don't have to fill up as fast. Now I have to teach him how to pump up the air he uses so I am not the one always doing it.
You still running a hand pump, or did you get a compressor?

Are you on friendly terms with your neighbors? Is it legal to shoot airguns in your backyard? If the answer is yes, then simply go about your safe shooting. My neighbors, whom we are friendly with know that I shoot in my backyard. As for airgun related…?

Yes on friendly terms BUT, neighbor to the south (left) in the pic shot an ar-15 years ago down toward the creek to the west (front) in the pic and put a bullet through the neighbors barn farther to the west. So it is best to be stealthy. What people don’t know won’t hurt me. 😂

I just received my first carbon fiber tank ( 9 Liters ) and immediately got freaked the hell out, CUZ how is something so light going to hold that much air under that much pressure.
I am already looking forward to getting it filled / transporting it in and out of my 2 floor apartment, Something i always dread with my 12 L Hybrid ( carbon fiber / steel ) bottle due to the weight and ny physique.

I can lift the damn thing with 2 fingers :D

View attachment 421247
If your is a 6.8 liter? i have that same make tank, Love mine.

I just received my first carbon fiber tank ( 9 Liters ) and immediately got freaked the hell out, CUZ how is something so light going to hold that much air under that much pressure.
I am already looking forward to getting it filled / transporting it in and out of my 2 floor apartment, Something i always dread with my 12 L Hybrid ( carbon fiber / steel ) bottle due to the weight and ny physique.

I can lift the damn thing with 2 fingers :D

View attachment 421247
I have the 6.8 liter and love it.

I swapped scopes around. S200 gets a Sightron 36x so I can see what it can do at the 30YC.
Avanti Hunter gets the Veyron 10x. Temporary scope rings and adapters on there until some 30mm dovetail arrive tomorrow evening.
And my Notos plinker gets a cheap 4x china special scope. The scope will eventually go on a Stoeger S3000-C. I am just testing out some affordable options for people who ask me for a cheap rifle to shoot lizards in their backyard.

Both my CZ200's came with great 3d printed silencers, but I already had to fix one that cracked. I decided to run a DonnyFL adapter and Huma Mod 30 22 cal short moderator on the hunter, since it will get bumped around more often.

And I need to order a grip that conforms to my Notos, that was one I modified for the FX Maverick I sold.

I have the project Bullshark shooting! I used a Huma reg in it. I will do some testing. They said it likes Knockouts. Right now it’s shooting 10gr at 940 fps and 13 gr at 880. It’s at 115 bar on the reg

With 10.3 gr pellets at 880 fps it didn’t need a moderator. That was at 75ish bar. But this 0db 110c does a great job with the increased pressure and hammer spring needed for the slugs

Shot a few mags. 10 gr Kcockouts, nope. 13 gr Knockout, oh yeah! Only 20 yards this evening, hopefully they still do well longer distances.

I shot 13gr Knockout into gel at 20y and H&N 13 gr HP slugs. The Knockout expanded and stopped in the short cross section I used, the H&N passed through.

JSB Knockout.

I will try Varmint knockers tomorrow.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I did cobble another parts gun together while waiting on my Mrod barrel for the OTHER build.
1000006675.jpg

Gotta make a barrel band and get the stock lug length trimmed so I can get rid of the zip ties lol.

Marauder pistol barrel with a multi shot breech from ebay. It's a beeman 1358 tube cut down and then I welded a 2240 hammer section to the back. Trimmed the valve stem down for the hammer stroke to work right. 30 shots so far at 18 fpe. Waiting on a power adjuster to show up so I can tune it for more pressure and power.

31" long, baffled shroud, and less than 6lbs scoped.