• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What diameter are your .22 Hades?

I haven't measured the diameter, but I have tried weight sorting them. They are surprisingly all within two tenths of a gram per tin. Therefore I quite that time consuming effort. That consistent of a weight gives me confidence that they are accurate in other respects such as head and skirt size, etc, and will be consistent down range also. Running them through a sizer would possibly be worth it if they were a long range ammo or used in field target. But because they are a really accurate shorter range hunting ammo the additional effort there would be futile.

I have a few tins of .22 Hades and it’s clearly marked on the tin they are supposed to be 5,5mm but nearly every one gages 4.8mm. I wonder if anyone else has gaged them and what have you measured?
I mic a sample from every tin that appears on my doorstep (because I gotta know). The Hades. 22 that I've had approximately 50 tins measure from 5.45 to 5.48. There is a tin to tin deference but each tin contains a consistent sized pellet.

From my Taipan veteran they all shot great some are slightly more accurate but just slightly barely even enough difference to mention.

Oops, yes I meant 5.48. These dern fat fingers, arrrggghhh. I get LOTS of fliers with Hades from all of my guns and I've concluded that its the smaller head size. I have been gaging head sizes on CPHP because of the random fliers with those too. They gage from 5.46 to 5.55 and if I shoot 5.53 from a couple guns I get zero fliers and the absolute smallest group sizes. If I shoot larger or smaller heads then fliers creep in and groups open up linearly. But when I get to 5.48 and smaller they are all over the place.

It's interesting, this morning I got a message from a customer (an engineer I used to work with) asking if I made a PelletgageR in a size larger than 5.55 mm. I do not, but have had correspondence with customers telling me the their .22 caliber JSB-made pellets are all larger than the biggest aperture of the .22 Pelletgage, which was 5.57 mm. I recently changed the range to make it 5.49 to 5.58 based on three credible reports. This morning, my friend is telling me that new tins of both the 14 and 18 grain pellets he has received are consistently 5.56 mm gaged with his Pelletgage, which is consistent with those reports, and the most recent tins I have purchased.

But what I see here is that gaging JSB Hades with the standard .22 Pelletgage may have them all SMALLER than the smallest aperture in the Pelletgage.

The JSB website shows that the only head size they offer is a nominal 5.52 mm for the "Jumbo" pellets in those weights, and the Hades are nominally 5.50.

Any feedback on this is appreciated. How are you measuring to get this <5.47?