What constitutes the higher prices for higher end rifles? I am going to try and see for myself…

If you find that the gun has a nice curve, behaves well on the bench but your accuracy is still lacking, the last thing you want is a FX spaghetti noodle on it. The stock barrel might just need cleaned up by a machinist. Next step , a replacement real barrel. There’s a lot of barrel flapping in the breeze with a traditional rifle and yes a superior liner shoots 33.95’s great, but that system on that gun should be a last resort. I enjoy all my upper tier guns. Some of them wear barrels that I built for them. But I have to admit I get more satisfaction making a less expensive rough around the edges gun into what I think it should be. Have fun and I hope to not see it in the classifieds by Christmas.

Reactions: Mufasa
If you find that the gun has a nice curve, behaves well on the bench but your accuracy is still lacking, the last thing you want is a FX spaghetti noodle on it. The stock barrel might just need cleaned up by a machinist. Next step , a replacement real barrel. There’s a lot of barrel flapping in the breeze with a traditional rifle and yes a superior liner shoots 33.95’s great, but that system on that gun should be a last resort. I enjoy all my upper tier guns. Some of them wear barrels that I built for them. But I have to admit I get more satisfaction making a less expensive rough around the edges gun into what I think it should be. Have fun and I hope to not see it in the classifieds by Christmas.
Yea I’d personally start with a polish and go from there

, Justification, why is it such a large part of spending money? Tell me this, what is the difference in tinkering with this or that, it is still tinkering is it not?
I am that guy who gradually spends money on getting something cheap to fit my needs;it suits my wallet better.
Many can not spend $2000 on an air gun,or do not want to.
Why is it so hard to accept what the poster is trying to do,I think it is great,wish more would do it.
The difference is, I am in no way mechanically inclined! 😄 Every time I see a skilled tradesmen/tradeswoman machine a part on a lathe, I can't help but stare!

They are machining parts that look like they were cut with lasers, and I can barely drill a hole straight! 😆

Reactions: Mufasa
think about this , it is still on track in this thread . My neighbor bought an $80K Bass boat, This boat can do 52 mph on the water. Can it catch fish ? NO!
Asking my neighbor why he spent 80k ? ................................ He just smiled .
Jeez, he could have bought a fish market.