What constitutes the higher prices for higher end rifles? I am going to try and see for myself…first impressions on the rifle. Update.

For those of you confused, review this forum here: https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...i-am-going-to-try-and-see-for-myself.1274634/

Alrighty…here goes. First impressions are very important. Packing was superb. It came in a complementary gun case with 2 mags, a vertical fore grip, a fill adapter, and a forend picatinny rail for bipods with the housing and screw included too. Stock is superb and very nice. Only issue was that the finish underneath the cheek riser was incomplete. In fact, it was a white piece of wood with no finish at all with some spillage around. Luckily, I have boiled linseed oil on hand and got a factory like finish on it. The sidelever is very firm and crisp. However, it needed some oil and compared to my Maverick…it is not as smooth and light. But, it definitely feels good.

I forgot to mention that the shroud is quite stiff. In fact, it is a lot more stiffer than my Maverick shroud (*cough cough FX). A rifle that costs $1000 less has a stiffer barrel which surprises me. You’d think that somewhere in there they’d squeeze in a better shroud stiffening system (yes I know they have the new stiffener system, but it should be standard and not an aftermarket purchase). Anyways, I may not even need to get a barrel band for it (for those of you interested in getting a custom barrel band, DM tdhouser1964). Chrony and accuracy will be next. Let’s see what $630 can get you. I plan on going turkey hunting with it…so I’ll let you know how that goes.

Click the attached images to view them all.

6CAD8DD0-012D-4CE3-9039-7D07E0920814.jpeg

53A3764D-843B-4755-AAE4-EC095A5F7343.jpeg

3EBCDD73-4441-467F-B233-4C22CD381FB7.jpeg

A2F2E41B-5B92-48C2-81CE-E37EC45242CD.jpeg

4184AEA1-979F-4A52-867F-1496DA03CBF4.jpeg

35C31688-84FA-4881-B35B-ED73C1654B91.jpeg

828046C5-41A5-4150-B7B0-9C2DD7A89824.jpeg

10D6ABFB-C118-44EB-BF85-4AF6B209CE18.jpeg

6D9B2E86-08A1-40B7-855B-271211F159CD.jpeg

BF5A857F-BE2D-4400-BF0F-F5628EBBC7CA.jpeg

Reactions: Simonjello
3 things that immediately ruin my first impression. First: why would they provide a vertical foregrip for a rifle like this? Second: fit and finish. Third: that stock is hideous. The color and grain look fine but the shaping of the stock is very crude. The shape and contours on the grip area dont look like they would fit a hand well. I dont see any pics showing the locking mechanism for the cheek riser. What type of system did they use? What did they provide for the fill port cover? Looks like a temporary piece of rubber? Looks like the cocking arm hits the stock and rests against it. How about a side profile of the muzzle threads. They look like they may not be the greatest but it could just be that pic. The original post asked what constitutes the price of a higher end rifle. Looks like some of that question gets answered in these pics. Yes it is a cheaper rifle than a daystate, air arms, bsa or other rifles that come with higher quality stocks but thats part of the reason for higher cost to name one of just a handful of reasons.

The cheek piece uses 3 or 4 mm Allen head bolt to lock in place.

I ask why bother pointing out the things you find offensive when
1. it ain't your gun,
2. you have never had one in your hand and from the impression you give, you wouldn't stoop to such low levels as to roll in the mud with such a pig of a gun??

For Pete's sake, clutch your pearls elsewhere. Let the man post his thoughts and enjoy his experience without interference.

Last edited:
Enjoy your gun and ignore those souls that feel they must throw obstacles at your feet.

The journey IS the reward. The fore grip will split into a crude bipod, if you want. I have two in my safe that don't get used. They are there of dubious value...but you paid for them 🤣

SMH at people who are so negative.
Thanks for the thumbs down. My post isnt being negative its discussing the original question posted by the op. I dont have any negative attitude towards cheaper equipment or buying and using or being happy with it. Facts are facts the rifle clearly has lower quality and thats why its priced at this price point and theres nothing wrong with that. It may shoot as good as anything else out there but thats not the whole story of a rifle or why some people buy it or pass it up. Some people want a stock to be a certain way or fit a certain way and others could care less. Look at airforce rifles they have terrible ergonomics but some people dont care the rifles do what they want. It doesnt mean I am being negative if I dont like the ergonomics. I have cheap rifles and expensive rifles. I dont care how much it costs if it does what I think it should for its price tag its a keeper. I guess its rude if I voice an opinion about a product on a forum if it differs from your opinion.

The check piece uses 3 or 4 mm Allen head bolt to lock in place.

1. it ain't your gun,
2. you have never had one in your hand and from the impression you give, you wouldn't stoop to such low levels as to roll in the mud with such a pig if a gun??

For Pete's sake, clutch your pearls elsewhere. Let the man post his thoughts and enjoy his experience without interference.
He posted on a forum asking what constitutes the price tag of a higher priced rifle thats why. Did I hurt your feelings because theres some things I dont like about this particular rifle? Maybe you should go else where if you dont like people discussing likes and dislikes in an open forum about products. Grow a pair and move past other peoples opinions about products.

Reactions: Fate
@Mustafamalikzada To be clear my comments are not meant to be negative or rude. People are going to want to know the answers to the things I brought up in my posts in case they might be looking at purchasing this rifle. I gave some opinions on things I didnt like based on pics but its up to you in your review to set my questions to rest for all of us if this rifle does have good or bad ergonomics in your opinion and what the good and bad if any you find in the process. I kinda thought thats how this works but some people just dont like other peoples opinion. I know you will update as you figure it out but personally I am most interested in accuracy and the ergonomics.

Reactions: Maizen
3 things that immediately ruin my first impression. First: why would they provide a vertical foregrip for a rifle like this? Second: fit and finish. Third: that stock is hideous. The color and grain look fine but the shaping of the stock is very crude. The shape and contours on the grip area dont look like they would fit a hand well. I dont see any pics showing the locking mechanism for the cheek riser. What type of system did they use? What did they provide for the fill port cover? Looks like a temporary piece of rubber? Looks like the cocking arm hits the stock and rests against it. How about a side profile of the muzzle threads. They look like they may not be the greatest but it could just be that pic. The original post asked what constitutes the price of a higher end rifle. Looks like some of that question gets answered in these pics. Yes it is a cheaper rifle than a daystate, air arms, bsa or other rifles that come with higher quality stocks but thats part of the reason for higher cost to name one of just a handful of reasons.
Ok so I’m going to be the one in the middle here to say that…I don’t care about anyone’s opinions. I’m here to post the facts so I try to remain as objective as possible. To address your concerns…the vertical grip (imho) was a cool add on. If you don’t like it, you can always sell it and get some money back so there is no issue there. The locking mechanism for the cheek riser is just like my Weihrauch HW98; it is held by Allen screws and frankly it can’t get any better than that. It’s nice and snug. The cover for the fill port cover is a piece of rubber that fits snug and it doesn’t get much better than my FX Maverick to be frank.

The stock is bulky which I like because it adds weight and surprisingly it does fit well in my hand with my thumb up. I shot my Maverick with thumb up anyways. The finish on the stock is flat but it works. Back in the day when BSA wasn’t as heavily partnered with GAMO…their BSA R10 had a very similar finish on a checkered piece of minelli wood. That rifle cost $1000 back then (adjust for inflation). Not really a concern considering the $630 price point. It is well checkered. The trigger is crisp and I like it better than my mushy Maverick trigger. Most likely not as good as a Daystate and it is not better than my previous Impact….but hey remember $630. I considered it a feat that it is better than the Maverick trigger. The threads on the barrel are nice. I don’t see any issues with my eyes.

Regards

Reactions: LDP
The check piece uses 3 or 4 mm Allen head bolt to lock in place.

1. it ain't your gun,
2. you have never had one in your hand and from the impression you give, you wouldn't stoop to such low levels as to roll in the mud with such a pig if a gun??

It’s good man. I don’t find it negative. I just find it as an opportunity to inform. Thanks for lookin out!

It can be hard to get a good impression of stock fit in pics and as you know its very subjective anyway. I did notice in the pics the checkering did look good. I have a daystate hi lite and I dont like the stocks they put on those either. Nothing wrong with the finish and usually good looking wood I just dont care for the shape in a couple areas so its not just cheaper rifles I find faults with lol. I am sure you will get your moneys worth out of the rifle thats why I am waiting on the accuracy. I can put up with a few things I dont like about a rifle if its a shooter.

Reactions: Maizen
It can be hard to get a good impression of stock fit in pics and as you know its very subjective anyway. I did notice in the pics the checkering did look good. I have a daystate hi lite and I dont like the stocks they put on those either. Nothing wrong with the finish and usually good looking wood I just dont care for the shape in a couple areas so its not just cheaper rifles I find faults with lol. I am sure you will get your moneys worth out of the rifle thats why I am waiting on the accuracy. I can put up with a few things I dont like about a rifle if its a shooter.

80FE7DB5-702F-4E4C-9352-20F24778938F.jpeg

Here you can see the allen screws for the cheek riser.

Reactions: LDP
As a comparison, I have a bunch of airguns, on one side of the spectrum is a P35 Snowpeak (Artemis) and if you multiply its price with 6 you get my Redwolf Safari. I have done a lot of mods top the P35 top get it to some type of standard, Huma reg, different barrel etc etc. But the I also did some stuff to the Redwolf, Heliboard and and. I enjoy shooting both and probably shoot the P35 more. It is actually astounding how they can build an airgun for that money!
At our shooting club there is a guy with a Kral with a benchmark barrel and he kicks our asses regularly!

As a comparison, I have a bunch of airguns, on one side of the spectrum is a P35 Snowpeak (Artemis) and if you multiply its price with 6 you get my Redwolf Safari. I have done a lot of mods top the P35 top get it to some type of standard, Huma reg, different barrel etc etc. But the I also did some stuff to the Redwolf, Heliboard and and. I enjoy shooting both and probably shoot the P35 more. It is actually astounding how they can build an airgun for that money!
At our shooting club there is a guy with a Kral with a benchmark barrel and he kicks our asses regularly!
Yes exactly!