• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What compressor to get

kind of bugs me when a newbie states he hasn't bought a gun yet and people suggest he go out and spend 3 or 4 thousand on a compressor .

Maybe if i spent 4 or 5 hours every day shooting targets and had to go to a field or range to shoot , then i might buy a coltri or like compressor .
I have a Omega trail charger type compressor (now 3 years old ) and 4 PCP's IT fills any of them in about 3 minutes .
You are spot on my friend! Snobs. The smartest compressor buy I made when just getting started was this cheap Vevor from Walmart with the 3 year warranty. Lasted 14 months through hundreds of fills, and I have 7 airguns of which I shoot 5 days per week. Lasted until this weekend, I don't blame the unit. Applied to get my $ back yesterday. I am seriously considering upgrading to GX since Forge is available for support...and I'm getting most of my money back. 🤣😁

1695651450882.png

Reactions: oledawg
Regardless of which compressor you get, unless you are absolutely sure it has first class moisture removal I would add an extra filter filled with color changing desicant beads. If you do a gun or tank fill and all the desicant changed color, you may have moisture in the gun/tank and should consider emptying it and refilling with better filtration. That has never happened to me and I do not use a really big extra filter on my Yong Heng. What I normally find is on a little of the dessicant changed color and I can use it again on the next fill. Seems like it needs replaced after about 6 tank fills. But I vent the compressor every 5 minutes and slope the lines to the filters back towards the compressor and I think that helps. This is not expensive, especially compared to the issues moisture in the air could cause.

The other thing I recommend spending a little extra on is oil for a Yong Heng. I use Nuvair oil but there are several good brands. My YH is a couple years old and working great.

It's a little controversial but one thing I think you can save money on is a tank. I bought an expired Scott firemans tank ebay for about $100 and it works great and has for about the same time frame as I've owned my YH. I did not have satisfactory results from a cheap fill set, however. But a good fill set with an expired tank should cost around $300. It's a good "next step" after yu get a YH. But it can be argued you don't need to take the next step with a CS2. Just depends on how you want to do things and how patient you are for relatively slow gun fills.