• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What compressor or bottle?

Very new to PCP and have ordered AEA hp ss .30 pistol to learn. I want to be as self efficient as possible for filling this and future guns. I will be shooting away from my home in the mountains and was thinking what I will need for filling. My unedjumacated thought.
1. Omega trail charger. I can fill gun using my truck battery.
2. A small bottle that I can fill this pistol up with on long walks away from the truck. Problem I have is what size bottle that's not over sized for the above compressor or a back pack, and can fill the small pcp up a few times?
I don't know were to start or even what questions to ask. Any help appreciated.

hey @Hopper Welcome Aboard!
The omega Trail Charger/AirVenturi Nomad/BSA/any **reliable really portable compressor in that category is a good choice.
On the bottle, a 2.5l in steel, or a 6.5l in Composite/Carbonfiber bottle should be portable enough with a shoulder-bag over long walks, the latter would be bulkier though.
**by reliable i'd really do a timeline checks before buying, from users who've long used them, i've seen Matt (AirarmshuntingSA) still using the Nomad (3 years and counting), and Andy from AAR also reviewed/tested the BSA one giving a nod; so be careful there.
[edit]
It just hit me that You'd want to fill that 2.5l bottle as well by yourself (not visiting a scuba-diving shop, e.g.), so You'd need to dive in further if by now capable compressors running from 12v car battery can do the job; the Nomad/BSA etc. are made to fill the gun directly, and it'd be too much a load to fill up a bottle or two in 1l/2.5l etc..

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hopper
When I had my Marauder I carried an Air Venturi 100 cu in in a small day pack for refills. I think your Omega should be able to top off either of the two shown in the photo. Only downside is they’re a bit pricey.

1C0D231D-FFA5-40B9-A98D-6C29FBA9A4F8.jpeg

Well, the price has gone up about $150 since I bought mine, but here's where I got it.

If you need parts or service you'll want to contact Todd DeOrio. I think it's OK to give out his # but I will only do so via PM. I popped a burst disc on the fill line (filled a gun and the quick connector o-ring was bad after a year of use, so it popped out at very high pressure) and then did something stupid stripping the fill whip main connector bolt. Todd was able to save the day with very little expense.

That's the only issue I've ever had with the Omega and it was entirely self induced.

I think the Omega Trail Charger can fill bottles too. It never gets hot or seems stressed even filling big bottles from empty on my guns. And frequent refills. Maybe let it rest after 15 minutes and then keep going if you really want to baby it. The Trail Charger is one of the slower filling compressors, which in my mind is a big plus for reliability.

Last edited:
Well, the price has gone up about $150 since I bought mine, but here's where I got it.

If you need parts or service you'll want to contact Todd DeOrio. I think it's OK to give out his # but I will only do so via PM. I popped a burst disc on the fill line (filled a gun and the quick connector o-ring was bad after a year of use, so it popped out at very high pressure) and then did something stupid stripping the fill whip main connector bolt. Todd was able to save the day with very little expense.

That's the only issue I've ever had with the Omega and it was entirely self induced.

I think the Omega Trail Charger can fill bottles too. It never gets hot or seems stressed even filling big bottles from empty on my guns. And frequent refills. Maybe let it rest after 15 minutes and then keep going if you really want to baby it. The Trail Charger is one of the slower filling compressors, which in my mind is a big plus for reliability.
Thanks for the reply. What are some of the larger guns you fill with the Omega? Once I get my feet wet with this small AEA hp ss I was looking at getting something with a higher shot count. Thinking with 60-100 shots I wouldn't need the bottle for long walks away from the compressor.