What company makes the best air guns?!

I looked hard and chose an FX. So far, i'm not disappointed in the least. Once you get into the higher end guns, they are all good.. I chose the 400 FT. Everything is adjustable and I am sure it will prove itself a lot more reliable than the much used HW100 I already own. Even the HW100 has been a good gun, taking many,many rats and pest birds in it's days.

I notice no one in here talks much about the Air Force guns. I have a Talon SS and it took some tinkering to get good accuracy out of it. For he price compared to the FX 400 FT and the HW100, it is a good buy.

"Victor7k"I have no idea which company/manufacture makes the best air guns... I am new here on these forums and I apologize if this has been mentioned before. I believe these company's are the best, correct me if I am wrong, 
1. Gamo? 
2. Hatsan?
3. Diana?
4. Crosman? (Some guns are good)&nbsp
You can get tack driving accuracy in any of those brands, but they may not be real pleasant to shoot. Guns in that price range tend to have dodgy triggers, hold sensitivity, loud report, sharp recoil that's hard on scopes, and a lot of other idiosynchracies. I think Diana should top your list, with Hatsan beginning to get a lot of accolades in your price range.

"Victor7k"I have no idea which company/manufacture makes the best air guns... I am new here on these forums and I apologize if this has been mentioned before. I believe these company's are the best, correct me if I am wrong, 
1. Gamo? 
2. Hatsan?
3. Diana?
4. Crosman? (Some guns are good) 
5.? 

So what company do you think makes the best air guns? And why????

I am looking for a great air gun that will last me for a long time, I will be hunting birds, squirrel, chipmunk, rat/mouse, rabbit, possibly Turkey, and much much more! The gun must be 1000 FPS or more, and the price range I am looking to spend is around $200-300 also is IGT better then standard spring break barrel? Thanks!!! 

I may buy the Gamo varmint hunter HP, Gamo bone collector Bull whisper or the Gamo hornet... 
Sorry to say your price range may be a bit low to go into the "Best Airgun" category. The question is almost impossible to answer due to so many manufacturers etc, I really think you can find a reasonable gun in that price,just have to look and read about them. Good luck 

"Ginuwine1969"In my opinion you are barking up he wong tree, I would say Air Arms, Kalibru Gun, FX, Daystate and Edgun offer more premium guns.
The price is not our decision to make. The question was about the best gun for the dollar, not the most prestigious.

Most of us have been on tight budgets in our lives, and had only $100-200 to spend on a gun, tool, or project. There really is a best gun in a given price range. Of course you can't compare a $2000 gun to a $300 gun. But at times in our lives, a cheap gun can provide endless fun and satisfaction, and teach us patience and technique. On the bright side, the more you spend, the less you get for your money. A $2000 gun is not 200% more accurate than a $1000 gun. Neither will a $2000 gun teach you patience and technique, or give you the challenge of a $300 springer. 

Reactions: NMshooter
I own and shoot two Marauders, a custom HW100 and just received a brand new FX 400 FT as a graduation present, and for taking care of my Mom from her. She shoots too, pretty good also. Without a doubt, the FX is by far the best rifle I have personally shot to date. The Marauders are good for their price, the HW100 is a good gun but I would never buy another due to poor seal design and even worse customer service from Weihrauch. The HW100 is a good gun IF you can keep air in it. But so far, none of the other guns I own have come close to the accuracy and workmanship that the FX has displayed so far. My opinion is the FX.

Jamie

Thanks Leo !! This is all new to me and probably like most newbies I look for FPS as the benchmark and when I see a "Top rated" with a lower FPS I think it's a bad opinion or something. 

Also, I didn't know there wasn't a "best brand air gun" either. I didn't know that guns are made for different purposes. Obviously, I know some hunt and some plink, but I thought there was an overall "best" company. 

This is why I NEED experienced opinions from you and others. - Mike 

While certainly not in the same category as FX, Daystate and others, I think Hatsan gives very good performance for the money. November is just a month away and Hatsan has had some great deals on Cyber Monday. I bought a brand new (not refurbished) Hatsan AT44S-10 PCP last Cyber Monday for $117 delivered to my door. I have been exceptionally impressed with it and it has all the precision I could ever hope for. I know some folks have not been happy with Hatsan customer service but I have not had any issues the two times I contacted them. In both cases I was shipped the parts I asked for free of charge. I think it helped that I purchased them from their website so they had a records of my purchase on file. I have 4 Hatsan Break barrels and 2 Hatsan PCPs, all have performed very well.

The Umarex Gauntlet can also be had for a good price if you are patient and look around.

That's great to hear !!! Being a newbie, I have been immersed in airguns the last few months. I've bought about 8 airguns of all types. Started with Co2 BB guns, like most people, and don't touch them anymore, except for my Gamo PT-85. I love my rifles which are all break barrel and Hatsan has become my favorite.

I wasn't sure if the Hatsan I got was a fluke or if they're all good. I own the pistol / rifle hybrid, whatever they're called, and I LOVE it. It's SO accurate. I can get 10 pellets in a dime. I own the Hatsan 25 SuperTACT Vortex. It's AMAZING. I just ordered the SpeedFire .177 and should get it this week from Midway USA. 

After watching seemingly endless Youtube videos, I've kind of landed on Hatsan, Gamo, and Weihrauch / Beeman. I don't hunt, but I want the best plinker. I'm a bass player so I know gear. I know there are amazing USA made 1980's and 90's Peavey basses that can hang with all the boutique brands. So, I'm looking for the Peavey of break barrels, and I think Hatsan is it. 

I did not read all the responses but from the list you gave I would not buy any of those brands. Sounds like you want an HW95, as many have stated. A little cheaper option would be an RWS 34. For the HW95 check Krale Shooting Sports out of the Netherlands. Anything HW will be great BTW. Also, as previously stated, do not get caught up on velocity. High velocity spring rifles are harsh and nearly impossible to shoot accurately. Velocity is also fake in most cases to get people who don’t know much to buy a rifle thinking the faster the better (especially in the brands you listed). An HW95 is a beautiful, high quality rifle that will last generations. Currently they are $330 at Krale (the US dollar vs the Euro exchange rate is not good right now so the price in US $$ is quite a bit higher right now). Even though is is out of your stated budget it will be well worth the wait to save a little longer. I would rather spend $330 on a top notch rifle than $230 on junk.

Good lot of Air gun companies out there battle it out with their FPS wars. Oh look, our rifle is better because it shoots 1200 fps, blah blah blah. Sure it does...when they use the lightest weight lead free pellets they can find to get their numbers....lol. Reality is with a real weight pellet and one that's going to shoot well in the rifle, you're looking at more like 200 fps slower in a lot of cases. That said....my random lame opinion....(btw, never shot a turkey so not a clue what it takes to kill one...lol)

Never owned a Gamo so can't honestly say anything about them but plenty of reviews. Crosman: I've only owned 2 - 1 I got free, the other bought as a refurb. Not bad but took a bunch of work to make better and now sold.

Hatsan: I've owned 20+ between Hatsan and the Turkish built Webleys. Still have most of them. Good entry level rifle, solid built rifle, nice stocks if you get wood, accurate with the right pellet and about spot on with their fps numbers because they actually use lead pellets even if the lightest lead to get their numbers. They're like any other springer out there and with a little tuning can be even better rifles.

Diana: A step up from Hatsan and I own 2, both D34's. 1 in .177, the other in .20 caliber. What you'd expect from a German made springer. Well built, great triggers, silly accurate with the right pellet. Not quite the same power level as the Hatsans, but still great small game and target rifles.

You didn't list Weihrauch but it's been mentioned several times and I own several..HW95 .22, a Beeman R9 .20 which is the same rifle as the HW95 and a Beeman R7 .20. A step up from Diana. Excellent rifles across the board in bluing, fit, triggers (read long enough you'll see the debate on which is better, Rekord or T06...lol) and accuracy. I tend to take a lot of flak because mine are untuned and aren't because at least to me, if I'm spending that kind of money for a high end break barrel, it shouldn't need to be.

End of the day? Read, ponder, find everything you can on the rifles you're interested in and when all is said and done, buy the one you think is going to fit your wants and needs best. Shoot the daylights out of it for a couple weeks and if it doesn't, return it and try something else. Safe bet most everyone on this forum has done the exact same thing...lol.

Thank you so much, Scp52. If you're talking to the OP, then you're talking to me, as well because I had the same questions, which is how I found this site and thread. I DO love my Hatsan, and I keep hearing entry level rifle. Sure, I know someone listed about four brands above like AA, FX, Edgun, and something else which I had never heard of before until I read that yesterday. I looked them up because he was kind enough to have a link next to each brand. Now you're talking lots of money and definitely out of the plinking territory and into the hunting territory. I live in Plinkerville (just made that up now !) but I don't want a slouch. I've been able to consistently hit dime size targets over and over again with my Hatsan. It sure doesn't seem entry level to me. After obsessively looking at all the rifles I could find it seems there's entry level and hunter (or pro) level with not much of a middle of the road. To me from my research, a middle of the road, which I would consider high end for plinkers and pests, would be the Sig SDA20's, Hatsan's, and the Weihrauch HW's. Thanks again for your future input and this is fun... - Mike