• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What comes around goes around. 28 years later… start of the build of my first born air rifle..

A.G.R

Jul 27, 2022
Usa
28 years ago I ventured into AIRGUNS with my first rifle.. RWS 34. ( Diana imported by RWS) , green I was but I went ahead and fastidiously found the ways of the break barrel world. What started off a chain reaction of massive events was this very gun. The Diana 34 T01 . I shot a lot of game with that old girl.. it was .177 and then I could see them to load them .. Well yesterday I acquired a Dianna classic 34 T06 , in .22 . I’ve always missed the old platform but many Webley‘s and German guns later, as well as building my own platforms. I have decided to make a welcome back special edition 34.

To celebrate this it will be re blued , machined breech to match chamber and custom tuned as well as shrouded and new bespoke stock. I made a pattern for the platform 16 years ago for another individual.
I look forward to working on the old platform as well as the new T06 trigger. I will be adding many mods to this. First stage set screw adjustable travel screw( thanks Lewis mod) . Lighter rear sear spring and blade curve adjustment .

Here is the new starter rifle
C13DCEE8-01C7-406E-B7C8-A8A335D22CF9.jpeg
8A33FA7D-0B65-4356-8996-8C832E3AA8A6.jpeg
here is the stock pattern I’ll cut , it’s a full sporter monti Carlo with thumb rest as well as rollover
C4AF83D1-89A6-40AB-870F-DE302AAF67B5.jpeg
64A52BAE-CDD6-4D23-BB88-ECAD2C2F4E79.jpeg

It will now be referred to as “The scorpion”

I’ll post results when finished as I have 11 guns I’m working on. I’m finalizing 2 mean HW 80 builds , I’ll post later as well as a Hw95 and the Thunderbird build .

Ok, first chrony numbers were lower than the guns supposed to shoot . 650 with 14.6 Ftt ..sounds like a pogo stick.. it’s easy as hell to cock so I’m assuming it’s a soft tune kit that’s in it from Arh ..I decided to do a spring swap quickly to see how it responds.. I used a .128 x 33 coil wire spring that fit the ARH GUIDE LIKE IT WAS MADE FOR IT..

Nothing ….. Nothing burger … all it did was make it more twang. . Piston seal holds air for as long as there’s positive pressure. It is very easy to push so sizing isn’t an issue. F#%++c.k. Me. .. 😠

I will pull piston after I reassess my ass whopping ..
I’m NOT looking for powerhouse but the shot cycle is as bad as a GAMO with no tune.
The guide is a well made ARH guide that screws into the spring so it’s tight
A small delrin top-hat that’s .200 thick.

Maybe piston seals expanding like a World War II PARACHUTE.
ILL POST RESULTS NEXT YEAR 🍻
21F3A9A3-CC60-4F7A-848D-CF6C7B9F1727.jpeg
26BBF8DD-02C8-4FB9-BE0B-9DF7F94D4D10.jpeg

Reactions: AmosBurton
Updates. Ok. After four different springs and piston adjustments [the pistons on these are not the best construction].
loose stems ,WOBLEY fronts from three crimped metal indents
Some creative press work and adjusting. I ended up with a short 29 coil x.125 x .820 with a . .600 delrin Top hat set up . I used a synthetic piston liner that controls that AWFUL SPRING BUZZ THESE have.. The shorter spring helped a lot but the liner quiets the cocking as well as the shot cycle. It’s butter smooth with linear feel and dead blow finish.
The trigger is another whole issue,The T06 has potential, but it lacks refinement and the return spring(the lawyer spring as I refer to it) is way to heavy. As well as the 4 mm set screw mod to shorten the forever first stage. I will take pics when I disassemble again and work on trigger
I will chrony in the morn as it’s is the waning hrs now..
I’d like to see 13 14 ft lbs but won’t fret at 12 as it’s nice

Last edited:
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Own 2 myself. 2002 build .177 with the T01 trigger and a bit newer 1 of 30 custom built by Diana D34K Premium in .20 with the T06. Mine is #15. Hector at Connecticut Custom Airguns did the trigger work before he sent it to me and it's just a gentle caress and poof, shot fired before you realize you even did.
Look forward to seeing how yours turns out, especially that stock.

Reactions: A.G.R
Own 2 myself. 2002 build .177 with the T01 trigger and a bit newer 1 of 30 custom built by Diana D34K Premium in .20 with the T06. Mine is #15. Hector at Connecticut Custom Airguns did the trigger work before he sent it to me and it's just a gentle caress and poof, shot fired before you realize you even did.
Look forward to seeing how yours turns out, especially that stock.
That’s it. Gentle mushy ,then no rock wall and poof it goes off mushy feeling ..My old t01 was really good ..

Reactions: fishing43
That’s it. Gentle mushy ,then no rock wall and poof it goes off mushy feeling ..My old t01 was really good ..
Maybe try contacting Hector and ask if he'll detail how he does them?? While I have the spring kits from both ARH and Vortek, I haven't dug into the .177 T01 yet.

Maybe try contacting Hector and ask if he'll detail how he does them?? While I have the spring kits from both ARH and Vortek, I haven't dug into the .177 T01 yet.
It’s the nature of the design. That big scissor spring and the screws are wrong placed. I’ve changed springs adjusted to death. It’s acceptable for a can gun. It’s no Tuned T01 for sure.