• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Chrony to Replace the One I Killed

Hello brother airgunners as the title says looking for chrony that works with both airguns and powder burners as I killed my beta chrony at the range the other day not quite sure how I managed that but I did I had shot it a couple times before with 22 and 25 pellets but the 127gr slug out of the Slayer finished the job nicely Lol. I have a FX pocket radar that works well with most of my airguns but with a big moderator on it isn't reading and a couple of my big bores there isn't enough barrel to hook it to and haven't been able to get a good setup for placing it under. Any and all recommendations would be appreciated.... Thanks Terry

I have been looking at chronographs lately and finally decided on a ProChrono.

On the Competition Electronics website, they have recently discontinued the Prochrono Digital. It looks like they replaced it with something called the Prohrono LTD. 

does anyone know how the new LTD model differs from the PAL model? 

i don't have a smart phone so i don't care for any bluetooth features and i always look at more features as more to go wrong. I just want to accurately check the health of springers from time to time. 

I'm leaning towards the new LTD model. what do you think? 

Terry,

You might also want to look at Air Chrony. It's the official chronograph used for WFTF world competition. The unit is small, about 3 inches square, and about 4 inches high. It looks like a small box, and you simply shoot through it. The major plus of the Air Chrony is, it works in any kind of light, including NO light!! They are available direct from Air Chrony in the Czech Republic, that's where I got mine, I swear by it. If I can find a link, I'll add it later.

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

AOA also carries the Air Chrony.

Here's my set up, utilizing a primos tripod shooting stick. Makes for quick, painless setups. The newest version primos stick has quick release shooting yoke and a 1/4" stud mount. Those that are familiar with primos know that a squeeze of the trigger deploys the legs to any ground configuration.

1596989963_12847216695f30220b6735d5.47789654.jpg