• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

What case/bag to use for FT airgun?

I usually use my converted jogging baby stroller when the course terrain allows for it, but when we shoot our summer matches in the forest where there are not any real trails between lanes I use the Midway tactical case shown below. I also carry a bucket that I put spare ammo, tools, rain poncho, granola bars, etc. inside. The Midway’s case inside height is about 12 inches and my Brocock with a 6 inch parallax wheel just fits with just a little room to spare. On the outside of the case are 4 magazine pouches with velcroed flaps where you could place other items, but I found I can place my primos trigger stick underneath the velcroed flaps and it will hold it pretty nicely.

F16AE505-ABDE-49D2-B34D-86DBEA3CEFD4.1646248067.jpeg

I was wondering the same thing until I visited a my first match in December. 

I saw one shooter bring theirs out of a pelican style case from traveling and then use one of the homemade wooden totes throughout the day. Most shooters had those wooden style totes, and a couple had plastic ones that they converted to a tote by adding straps (like a Tipton gun butler). The first guy did make a point to say that he used a this style to protect the barrel and scope from unexpected hits/shifts.

The couple guys I followed actually carried theirs around (traveling and between lanes) in a heavy duty dragbag style bag. I was surprised, because I thought they would be worried about bumping the barrel and such, but they had no issues. Because I have one of those, I’m going to use it for my first season this year. I have been using at home and it works well for me. Here is what I have, massive overkill, but I don’t have to buy anything else, and has plenty of storage (https://www.amazon.com/Savior-Equipment-Warfare-Tactical-Backpack/dp/B07FY321GW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=36VNNE7F4QX6R&keywords=saviour+gun+bag&qid=1646253503&sprefix=saviour%2Caps%2C150&sr=8-3)

One guy did also also use a stroller, but I think it was mostly to carry the air tank. 

Hope this helps. I think it depends on how protected you want it to be and how much you want to spend.

I've done wheeled ( Golf bag cart ) to wood carry trays to gun cases of various shape / size.

Pending ones RIFLE ... attached Hamster or not, Big or small side wheel or other things that could dictate limitations how carried / stowed ....

Have to walk a lot between lanes ... Dirty and dusty conditions ALL WILL HAVE BEARING on what type case bag or cart suits you best.

Actually, I use the large, zippered compartment of my folding camp stool for most items. Water, snacks, extra pellets, sweat towel, extra cap, light rain gear (or a 50 gal. trash bag), etc, all fit nicely. For the rifle I use an appropriately sized, soft case (big enough to hold the scoped rifle and hamster) with an outside pocket. The assembled rifle rests in the interior and the pocket holds match pellets, glasses, and a pen or golf pencil.

Works for me, but I shoot sitting. If you use a bucket and sticks, you will have to customize. A canvas hunting vest with large pockets and a game pocket can help.

I usually use my converted jogging baby stroller when the course terrain allows for it, but when we shoot our summer matches in the forest where there are not any real trails between lanes I use the Midway tactical case shown below. I also carry a bucket that I put spare ammo, tools, rain poncho, granola bars, etc. inside. The Midway’s case inside height is about 12 inches and my Brocock with a 6 inch parallax wheel just fits with just a little room to spare. On the outside of the case are 4 magazine pouches with velcroed flaps where you could place other items, but I found I can place my primos trigger stick underneath the velcroed flaps and it will hold it pretty nicely.

F16AE505-ABDE-49D2-B34D-86DBEA3CEFD4.1646248067.jpeg

+1 I've used one of these for years. They're really excellent.

I also am very fond of these Bulldog Extreme Cases:

Bulldog Cases Discreet Extreme Tactical Rifle Case (gunmagwarehouse.com)

I use this with some paracord and clips attached at the corners for carry. Works great, lightweight, covered storage compartments and doubles as a maintenance table.

https://www.amazon.com/MTM-Portable-Shotgun-Maintenance-Cleaning/dp/B000BUAPOU

Some guys in our club built their own. Some metal, some made from pvc pipe. One guy uses a soft case but in a stand to keep it upright. Some use the carts. 

At most field target venues you will be required to have you gun in the bag with it closed but it doesn't have to be zipped. If using a carrier that leaves the gun exposed a towel or other device must cover the trigger and cocking mechanism.

These guidelines came about as a response to safety concerns from some gunranges event are held at. The idea being with a firearm if the bolt/chamber is open with a chamber flag in place it's safe and cannot fire a round. With most airguns even if the gun is open with a chamber flag it's still cocked and ready to fire. So the closed bag/covered gun remove immediate access. 

On a similar note rifle with magazines must be unloaded between lanes, and depending on the club the magazine may also need to be empty.

My favorite bag so far: https://www.crosman.com/product/benjamin-rifle-case