What came first RedWolf or Dedesigned Monsters?

The JSB redesigned monsters played a massive part in the results this year at EBR. The RedWolf and Bantam Sniper would be totally uncompetitive without it 

What came first. The new heavy high bc pellet from JSB ? Or did JSB respond to Daystate’s need for this pellet????

Who is actually driving the advances we are seeing in long range accuracy?

Reactions: FukoChan
Daystate have made some very powerful 0.22 rifles for a long time - Air Ranger extreme 60 in 5.5 comes to mind. That gun had terrible accuracy and was pretty much ignored largely due to the lack of appropriately heavy pellets.

I think it's an interplay of action/reaction between companies aiming for better accuracy rather than one single driving force.

This years EBR was made more exciting because of the FX / Daystate shoot out but did we see only one pellet manufacturer represented? Did every shooter shoot JSB pellets?

If the introduction of a single new pellet from JSB can reshape the outcome of the event the way it did then maybe the sport needs more competition among the pellet manufacturers? 

Its odd that JSB struggles to keep up with demand and no one can produce a product that is equal to or better to compete with them

Reactions: stinkajames
My understanding about the redesigned Monster pellet was to answer a need for a pellet that would work good with the new higher powered airguns that are coming out now, I thought it all started when the Crown came out on the market and now add the Daystate and Impact and a few other higher powered airguns that benefit from the design. At least that’s my understanding for the redesigned pellet.

I thought I might be able to place high in EBR next year but then I saw that Matt (AirArmsHuntingSA) uses a scope that cost $3500. So I would have to compete against 60 year old + shooters and $3500 scopes? Nightforce Optics 5-25x56 ATACR

Lame! ...maybe I'll just watch (and film) . -Nate 

P.S. I have a Rosso .25 cal red wolf HP (#119)

...this one MAYBE...I'd probably rather buy a gun though: NightForce SHV 4-14x50mm F1

https://youtu.be/qhVIvgLlkxU

1539611266_14055125855bc49a82845ac5.87502356_bling33.jpg

I thought I might be able to place high in EBR next year but then I saw that Matt (AirArmsHuntingSA) uses a scope that cost $3500. So I would have to compete against 60 year old + shooters and $3500 scopes? Nightforce Optics 5-25x56 ATACR

Lame! ...maybe I'll just watch (and film) . -Nate 

P.S. I have a Rosso .25 cal red wolf HP (#119)

...this one MAYBE...I'd probably rather buy a gun though: NightForce SHV 4-14x50mm F1

https://youtu.be/qhVIvgLlkxU

1539611266_14055125855bc49a82845ac5.87502356_bling33.jpg

Youd probably be fine with an athlon chronos on the classifieds section right now. Its the same price as the nightforce shv ffp 4-14 but has all the features of ultra high end scopes such as the atacr ie. 34mm tube-56mm objective, zero stop, ultra hd glass. Downside is that is will be heavy as heck. Actually, you might not even need a chronus. Ebr only shoots at 100 yards anyways. These scopes are designed to shoot 1000+ lol. The shv 4-14 is more designed for hunting. Reason is the lower magnification and 50 mm objective. 

Kaylaindy,

Dont fool yourself into thinking that you must have the highest priced equipment to be competitive. Also it is more about the experience versus the outcome. Is it nice to win? Heck yeah! But only 1 person out of the 130 or so competitors will win. Bring a Marauder and UTG scope and see how many high dollar rigs you can beat. Make you mark and have fun.

The RedWolf and Bantam Sniper would be totally uncompetitive without it

I seriously doubt that TBH!

Actually its pretty much true in my opinion. You should see my red wolf try to shoot every other .22 pellet lol.

Of course you are talking about one specific model in the Redwolf range here in one specific caliber!

Seems to be just a issue of tuning the Rifle to the pellets available. My 30-06 doesn't shoot 180gr or above bullets accurately, but a 150 and its sub-moa.

It is a lot of fun to show up at the Range with my $300.00 30-06 setup and drop a 0.75" group at 200 yards. She really needs a better scope.

Anyone with money can start doing the R&D on pellet designs, and production if they think they will actually get an ROI.

Smitty

My RW HP .22cal shoots the JSBs 18.1gr pellet on pellet, I just prefer the benefits of harder hitting and buffing the wind of the Redesigned. If the RedWolf was as short as my FX Compact I would sell all my other PCPs. It runs circles around all my other Daystates, FX and Edgun guns, but it should being as long as it is. Can't wait to see what 2019 has to offer. The EBR results have improved Daystate's worth for sure. 

The RedWolf and Bantam Sniper would be totally uncompetitive without it

I seriously doubt that TBH!

Actually its pretty much true in my opinion. You should see my red wolf try to shoot every other .22 pellet lol.

Of course you are talking about one specific model in the Redwolf range here in one specific caliber!

That’s true. I should have clarified that at EBR the only RedWolf shot was the .22HP

I have agonised over the RW .22 HP and was even positively discouraged from buying it due to the lack of suitable projectiles availible for it in the UK.

The USA is the place I will hopefully live in one day and that is because you have a degree of freedom that we in England don't, with regard to Airguns all the best British manufacturers will tell you that with the USA market power is everything.

Sadly I think this means you actually miss out on "less is sometimes more" especially when it comes to the limitations of the humble commercially availible airgun pellet.

Never has this hit home to me more, than a video that Ted did on reducing the power on a HW100 and seeing the performance improve on a high speed video clip.

Perhaps the RW .22HP without the right projectile is like a Ferrari running on chipfat? or just too much of a good thing!

FYI, I shot in the lane beside the Second place overall and Sportsman class winner the first two days at 75 yards. He was shooting a stock FX Crown .30 cal with an Aztec scope. Nothing super high end about either. His scope wasn’t even as good as the Hawke Sidewinder 6.5-20x42 that I had on my .30 Bobcat. How did Matt do with that $3500 scope? Oh, that’s right. He didn’t even make the finals at 100 yards... Maybe it really is about the shooter?

😉

I have agonised over the RW .22 HP and was even positively discouraged from buying it due to the lack of suitable projectiles availible for it in the UK.

The USA is the place I will hopefully live in one day and that is because you have a degree of freedom that we in England don't, with regard to Airguns all the best British manufacturers will tell you that with the USA market power is everything.

Sadly I think this means you actually miss out on "less is sometimes more" especially when it comes to the limitations of the humble commercially availible airgun pellet.

Never has this hit home to me more, than a video that Ted did on reducing the power on a HW100 and seeing the performance improve on a high speed video clip.

Perhaps the RW .22HP without the right projectile is like a Ferrari running on chipfat? or just too much of a good thing!

wrong post sorry