• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What caliber PCP's do you have and why?

The impact mk2 25cal pp slug liner A and pulsar 177 shooting nsa slugs out of both. The most impressive thing is how well the 177 shoots even in windy conditions. Yesterday’s weather conditions were not perfect but @125yrds I was able to hit a 1.25x1.25” swinging target 7out of 10 shots most of the time even 9 one lucky time. Both calibers are doing great with nsa slugs for longer than 125yrds in a hunting situation the 25 would be my choice.

Two .25 cal PCPs (RAWForce) and two .22 cal PCPs (PP750 and HW100). The 25's for hunting and long range target, and the 22's for target, pests, plinking. Also one .22 cal Crosman pumper I just finished a strip and clean on, and is one most used of late.

More shots per tin with .22 cals and are easier on the target board, traps and backstops. Just as accurate as my 25s, but lower powered.

3 - .177 1 - .22. 2-.25. 1-.30

I used to own a few .22's, a lot of .25's, a .257, and a .357.

When I first started into pcp's 9 years ago, IMO the .25 was the all around cal. You could tune a .25 from 12 ft-lbs (I don't know why you would) to 100+ ft-lbs and still be accurate. But I noticed in the past few years the newer pcp's have been shooting really heavy .22's in 50+ ft-lbs just as accurate. I noticed several people also shooting the .177 slugs with great accuracy. Maybe in a few years the .177 will start competing against the .22 and .25. 

I will try and upgrade to .22 as ´mentioned for the larger selection of ammo, not least slugs.

But as with anything here where a gooberment department is involved things get almighty difficult, but as they also most often move at a geological slow pace i figure i can get a ball rolling and then have to relate to that every couple of months.

I am of course also praying for makers of slugs to throw some love on the pea caliber ( .177 ) though at least on paper and 100 M distance it must be damn hard to see such a small hole,,,,, fortunately i have a small telescope i can put level to get a closer look at the paper.

.22, .30 , and .35 FX Impact MK2. I have the 500mm and 700mm barrel kits for the .22 and .30

The .22 is my go to caliber when I don’t need the power of the .30 or .35 cal. The 500mm barrel is setup for pellet and the 700mm is for slugs. The tune is setup where I can use the power wheel to shoot JSB 18 at 930fps with the 500mm or 1050fps on the 700mm with the JSB knockout.