What Bipod to buy?

Because I felt I needed a wider stance bipod than the UTG Recon I have, I purchased the Accu-Tac FC4-G2 bipod. Currently using this bipod on a FX Maverick and a Daystate Red Wolf. But I found I don't like it as it's a too wide and not very portable for me. Yup, too many RMAC and EBR videos made me think this was the bipod for me...not. I'd like some input on a bipod that is more foldable to transport, but wider than the UTG bipod. I've been looking at the Scandinavian Arms Benchmark Bipod. Anyone using it? Thoughts? Any bipod suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And I'll be putting the Accu-tac on the classifieds as soon as I can find something that will work better for my needs. TIA Dave

Stupid expensive for what it is but check out the MDT Ckye-Pod Gen2 in PRS or Standard. PRS has the shorter legs. You can get super low and wide. I think it's a pretty versatile bipod. I have several bipods (Accu-Tac BR-4, WB-4, Atlas CAL, Atlas PSR) but I find myself using the Ckye-Pod a majority of the time. It's not too bulky and super easy to adjust.

Widest stance on the Ckye-Pod PRS is about 14.5 inches in the 90° position with the legs collapsed. It uses Atlas feet so you can change out the spiked feet to the rubber ones or add extensions if you wanted to.

20240330_145601.jpg

At the widest with the legs fully extended is about 21 inches lol.
20240330_151407.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wauzoo
Stupid expensive for what it is but check out the MDT Ckye-Pod Gen2 in PRS or Standard. PRS has the shorter legs. You can get super low and wide. I think it's a pretty versatile bipod. I have several bipods (Accu-Tac BR-4, WB-4, Atlas CAL, Atlas PSR) but I find myself using the Ckye-Pod a majority of the time. It's not too bulky and super easy to adjust.

I also have the Ckye-Pod, but gen 1. I'd maybe consider getting the lightweight gen-2, but I'm saturated for bipods right now.

I agree having the Atlas feet is really nice -- there's lots of replacement feet to choose from: rubber feet, skis, cleats, etc.

I also have the Ckye-Pod, but gen 1. I'd maybe consider getting the lightweight gen-2, but I'm saturated for bipods right now.

I agree having the Atlas feet is really nice -- there's lots of replacement feet to choose from: rubber feet, skis, cleats, etc.
Way more than I care to spend for rifles that I just plink with. Thank you though.

Wauzoo, are you just using it on a bench for plinking or benchrest competition? Does it need to fold?
Would an F Class type bipod suit your needs?
Just using it for plinking and group testing. I'd like it to be narrower than the FC4 - G2 which is 7-1/2" wide at the base. Just makes it a pia to transport. But it's looking more and more like it's my best option. Thanks!

The Accu-Tac is super beefy. I have one but it gets relegated to my powderburners for when I really want to lean-in to the rifle.
I like the the beefiness, but I'd like it to be narrower than the FC4 - G2 which is 7-1/2" wide at the base. Just makes it a pia to transport. But it's looking more and more like it's my best option. Thanks!

If you primarily want a wide stance and affordable, I'd consider something like this:

If you have some kind of octagonal m-loc attachments you could attach them high and it would give you a super-wide stance.

If you primarily want a wide stance and affordable, I'd consider something like this:

If you have some kind of octagonal m-loc attachments you could attach them high and it would give you a super-wide stance.
An airgun with an octagon handguard could easily have a piece of aluminum attached to the top of the handguard and then those bipod legs attached to it. Of course some machining would be required on the aluminum bar.

How about this Seb Joypod .. Just kidding..Saw a F-class shooter at the range with one of these. Very cool pod that has a joystick control for elevation and windage. Just move the joystick and it stays in place. i think they are around 1k
..he also had a Schmidt and Bender 10-60 x56 scope on his rig. His scope cost more than my last 2 rifles combined.
1712412080299.png