What Binoculars Do You Prefer?

I would like to hear from you all about the binoculars you use. 
A. What power and objective lens size(s) do you prefer? 
B. Do you use them for the range, hunting, birding, other? 
C. What brand(s) do you like best?

I told my wife I’d like a pair of Meopta Meopro 8x32’s from Santa. I’d go for the Leupold bx4’s in the same size, but they are rare as hen’s teeth nowadays. I love sharp glass, but I just can’t justify $1,200 to $3,000 for binoculars that might only get used a few times per year. 
I have a smallish frame, and my hat size is smaller than most, so I’ve found most binoculars don’t close down small enough to be comfortable for me because my eyes are just a little closer than most dudes. Recommendations/opinions please. 

I have a few pairs of Binoculars, but the ones I keep in the safe are my Nikon Monarch ATB (8X42). Everyone who looks through them comments of how clear they are. I find 10X hard to steady, 7X is nice, but the 8X is a good compromise. The smaller objective lenses, (32mm) are lighter to carry, but the larger objectives are nice and bright at the cost of weight. I use them for wildlife viewing, hunting and at the range.

Binoculars,got addicted a long time ago.For me nothing over 8x.I like 30-32mm for the size and weight.

I have worked my way up over the years,the ones you want are good and properly better than the Leupold...I have the Gold Ring 8x32,which are rated among the best ,great optics ,.but heavy....My favorite bang around and for the price are Nikon Monarch 7,8X30,Very easy to use with good optics.

I find the top tier Pentax a great value ,the higher tier Nikons are great.I have the Swarovski8.5x42....Great,expensive and a bit heavy.

Look for weight and fully multi coated lens,something from Japan or Europe...higher end Vortex are good...

I think you know enough in that you have already picked out a good pair.....

Ending ,lighter weight,32-30 lens for carry,a42mm will give you a great view...

the saying,"you get what you pay for" is true when it comes to binoculars....another thing ,unless you know you have the best in "its" price range you will never be satisfied.

Better advise is to google binoculars and check out what bird watchers say and use ,they are the most knowlegable.

I like a large “exit pupil” on my binoculars. If I’m not concerned with size I’ll use my 7x50mm with an exit pupil of over 7. If I want compact I really like to carry my 6x30mm with a 5 exit pupil. Much over 8 power I find too difficult to hold steady; especially if standing. I don’t like small compacts with a smaller exit pupil. I like all the light I can get for seeing all the details. My 7x50 are made by Pentax.

Kenny

@airshot, "all the holiday specials?" Please do list a pair with the same feature set at anywhere near that price please. The Ares get great reviews and have top quality specs. Don't know what reviews you've been reading.

I am refering to that same make and model. Just happens that I have been looking to uograde my cheap binos, this post got me looking, amazon, best binocular reviews of 2021, bird watchers reviews etc. Have been reading all afternoon, many outlets have that model for much under 200 bucks so the special price is not that special is what I meant. According to many reviews there is supposed to be better glass out there for that price. Can you believe what you read ? I dont know, that is the reason I want to find a stocking store so I can see for myself and compare!!

https://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/hawke-binoculars.php

I use to collect binoculars and I still have a pair of Leica Trinovids and in my opinion the best binoculars for the money are the Hawke Frontier ED X 8x42. In fact, and much to my consternation, I believe these beat my Leica's and do so at 1/3 the price 20 years later. You want the 8x42 size for the best eye relief in the series. You can often find these on sale for around $350.

@airshot, check out https://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com

He's tested many different Binos and has some very nice comparison charts. The Ares while not top-tier compare very favorably in specs and optics to many mid-tier binos. For less than $200, lifetime warranty, there's nothing out there that compares. If anyone has an even better deal on something that compares, post up please.

Read this review, check the specs. Then please post up your better deals.
https://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/AthlonAres10x42BinocularsReview-178.htm

He is ok,must be based in England,I think the tests that allbinos does is better,also the birdwatcher groups are better.

For the price ,yes could be a great deal....the Santa Claus binos are better and cost a lot more.

To be honest,most people are happy with an average pair of binos.

A $1000 pair of binos are not twice as good as a $500 pair,but the better the Binos the better you can see the nuances.

I am all about nuances and truth be told there are only a few top level brands and almost all have been around longer than colored movies.

I had my good pair of 8x32 knock about binos in my fishing bag,my friend looked through them and said that those were the best binos he ever looked through......I am thinking that he never looked through really good binos.....

In the end,you do not have to spend a crazy amount of money for good binos,you have to spend a crazy amount of money for the best binoculars....

Being happy with what you have is a worthy mind.

@airshot, check out https://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com He's tested many different Binos and has some very nice comparison charts. The Ares while not top-tier compare very favorably in specs and optics to many mid-tier binos. For less than $200, lifetime warranty, there's nothing out there that compares. If anyone has an even better deal on something that compares, post up please. Read this review, check the specs. Then please post up your better deals. https://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/AthlonAres10x42BinocularsReview-178.htm

I spent a lot of time on his web site until I picked a pair.

I settle on the Vanguard Endeavor ED 2's.

Great binos with excellent clarity and sharpness at a very good price.

My 8x42 Ares at $169 USD? Deliver a feature set that's hard to believe for the price. Yes they are closing them out, but how often does one purchase Binos?

To the OP, I use mine to bird watch, look at the moon, pesting, general viewing of wild life, leisurely kayaking on still waters, etc. Also for checking the health of the higher branches in the trees on my property. I got 15 years out of my last pair of Binos.

Whenever I travel I take these vortex 10x42 over all my pairs because they are small and not very heavy vs other pairs. Vortex will replace these for life just like athlon so your covered . I'm on a business trip right now and my family is at animal kingdom using them. Trust me my recommendations will not disappoint you unless you are replacing swarovski binoculars lol and even then they are only as good as your vision:)...call cameraland and ask for Doug he will explain.(doug doesnt sell vortex but you can get the athlon)

20211124_092406.1637764172.jpg
20211124_092419.1637764174.jpg

Whenever I travel I take these vortex 10x42 over all my pairs because they are small and not very heavy vs other pairs. Vortex will replace these for life just like athlon so your covered . I'm on a business trip right now and my family is at animal kingdom using them. Trust me my recommendations will not disappoint you unless you are replacing swarovski binoculars lol and even then they are only as good as your vision:)...call cameraland and ask for Doug he will explain.(doug doesnt sell vortex but you can get the athlon)

20211124_092406.1637764172.jpg
20211124_092419.1637764174.jpg