What bar to set a Huma reg for a .25 Wildcat

Thanks guys. I've noticed the first few shots are way off the numbers so I don't include them in my shot strings. The factory reg was getting a 26 FPS spread in the 900 range with JSB 25s so I know the gun isn't completely messed up. I've got a 45' range in my basement and was able to put pellet on pellet for a whole mag yesterday.

As far as the reg needing break in time, I've put over 350 pellets through with the Huma in. I'm wondering if I damaged the reg when I initially installed it backwards. I think my next step is a reg tear down. At this point I don't have much to lose. I'll report back my findings.

Ah I hadn't read the whole thread and that you once installed it backwards...hmm.

That would definitely mess up the reg....OOF

The regulator piston sees a certain amount of PSI and depending on the Belleville stack or spring used and the piston OD, the piston compresses against stack/spring until contact with seat, which will occur at a consistent (fairly) pressure, which is the essence of regulation, just consistent psi from shot to shot.

When you installed it backwards you forced HPA way beyond what the Belleville stack would normally see which likely compressed the piston and the stack to whatever you filled it at...my guess fairly high? Certainly over its intended regulator set point setting?

You can try to simply just flip the seat/disc that the piston or whatever HUMA uses to seal against, I know many do that in between rebuilds. That is my advice.

The most likely damaged part on the reg that requires attention is your seat/disc. IMO...but wouldn't hurt to replace the stack + seat if flipping the seat/disc around doesn't work. GL