What Attracts You To Airguns?

For me...Cost and personal Challenge. After my initial investment of a rifle (of which I now own 3 about to be 4-5 lol), compressor, and all rifle goodies ie. Scope, bipod, pellets/slugs. I challenge myself to become an even better marksman. Using 1 zero, i use different weights/manufacturers to hit paper/gongs/reactionary targets at various ranges and wind conditions from 25 yds out to 150+ yrds. Also I live in the sticks so I don't need to travel to a range.

Actually my wife was just the opposite. We stumble across a 10m shooting range a couple months ago so we tried it out and both of us immediately liked it. For her it was the fact that the guns we smaller and lighter than cartridge weapons, but more importantly, there were other women shooters. For me it was the challenge. I am always up for a skill based challenge and this sport definitely requires some skills to be good at it. 

I was looking to get a 10-22 like 10+ years back. It was when ammo and firearms started to get all crazy with prices, hoarding, etc. Out of all my firearms I had no 22. Well still don't. Started looking at big box store break barrels. Then started doing some research and discovered PCPs. I was blown away with how capable they were. Spent some time watching videos, mostly Ted's holdover. Did some more research and thought some of the prices were absurd. I no longer think this way and I understand why now. Though some brands quality I do still question. I ended up with a gen 1 Mrod rifle in 22. Moved on to a Vulcan after about 2 years. Guess what. I hand pumped for about 6 years before getting a tank and soon after a compressor. I now have several PCPs 2 of them being EvoLs which I had just acquired over the last year or so. Sold my Mrod to a friend so he could start in the amazing world of PCPs. Mrod was no longer the same airgun by then. I had put a good amount into it. I did sell it to him for $600 and let him pay me over 6 months. I know $600 my seem steep for it but I did include the MTC scope and the thing did have all upgraded internals, an MM barrel, as well as a bullpup kit. I have shot my firearms very little in the last few years. No regrets. Still no 10-22