• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What are your thoughts on replicas?

Viper, that's a great group from that Colt Commander! What range was it shot from?

Thanks! It was 18 feet (6 yrds) standing two handed inside the house as it was too bitterly cold to go outside to the barn that day...

Colt_co2_Commander232.1639455406.jpg

Then I decided to compensate it...lol

colt_co2_comped306.1639455691.jpg

I like some if them: western 6-shooter, M1A1 full auto, MP40 Full Auto, Luger blow-back, Walther, and a couple more. I just got the SW29 with 8 3/8 barrel revolver. I also just received the Winchester Lever Action replica, neat action. Very realistic. My son had just bought a 6" M29 (real powder burner .44) and when I showed him my new replica he was taken aback! I had a couple of the vintage replicas (revolvers) but I didn't like them as much so I sold them.

Reactions: Steelontarget
As of now I only buy Co2 replicas that produce or can be modded to 430+FPS.
Anything less I fee like it's just orange tipped airsoft.
The full auto 30 cal Hatsan Blitz & AirOrdnance .22 are the only non-Co2 guns on my radar.
Here's my latest addition.
Sig Sauer ASP P226N MK-25 in FDE.
View attachment 303221
As a future activity I think I may go after Automatic pistols, I know I really enjoy automatic rifles (historical of course).

Reactions: DOOMRIDER
No; this is a game with rules anything that burns or explodes in the back yard is out of the question too much chance of fire. Although we did at one time plant a small explosive device (small firecracker) in destroyed tanks. the days of youth. Besides we reuse parts of the tanks to make new ones like the tank cannon. front plates, sprocket drives and treads.

Reactions: Steelontarget
Like Yo, I also collect them.Vintage and new. The Umarex P08 Luger is very cool.It has a blowback toggle and a clip that holds the co2 and bbs, 18. You can field strip it like the real one.Hard to tell them apart when laid side by side.It's not very accurate though. One accurate and powerful old one is the Schimel p22 or gp22 Luger.Also a copy of the P08 Luger. They are a task to reseal and made of zinc alloy, so a bit fragile .I like mine so much I have 2. One nice in the box and one I keep in the barn. Shoot it often.So.. Also like Yo, LOVE EM!!!

Ron
Ditto on the Schimel! They shoot more like a .22 short than an airgun, very impressive.
I also have two of those and found that McMaster has cup seals that can actually be made to fit these. I reworked them for easier disassembly/reassembly to minimize the danger of breaking anything ... they can be delicate as you say.

Smith & Wesson G78 .... the CO2 copy of the Smith & Wesson Model 41.
I have both the real Model 41 (.22LR) and the G78 air gun (.22 pellet).
I don't get out to the range as often as I'd like so I got the G78, which I can use in the basement.
It handles just like the 41, so much so that I can justify it as a viable alternative to stay in practice.

Reactions: Snake45
Smith & Wesson G78 .... the CO2 copy of the Smith & Wesson Model 41.
I have both the real Model 41 (.22LR) and the G78 air gun (.22 pellet).
I don't get out to the range as often as I'd like so I got the G78, which I can use in the basement.
It handles just like the 41, so much so that I can justify it as a viable alternative to stay in practice.
I mean 78G. I'll get it right, ... eventually.