• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What are your thoughts on aea pellets?

I bought some this week and I'm very surprised how nice they shoot and they seem pretty clean. Love to hear from someone that has used them for a while .
1000004393.jpg

I received a few this weekend as well.
I ordered some
.22 in 25.3 and 21.9
.25 in 25.3

The .22 cal 25.3 are every bit as accurate in my Taipan Vet II Standard as the FX and the JSB in the same caliber.
The FX Used to be the most accurate out of that gun until I shot the AEA pellets...
They pretty much all hit the same hole at 42 yards, but the JSB are more of a clover leaf, the FX are 1 Ragged hole and the AEA are literally just a tad larger than the pellet hole group.
All of them shot between all the damn storms we have had here when the wind was dead calm

The 21.9 AEA shot well too, more of a ragged hole hole through the same Taipan

The .25 cal 25.3 shot through the cheapest gun I own, Avenge X Tactical, Bottle, shot Extremely well.
In fairness the FX pellets shoot about the same in that gun. The JSB open up a bit

I just received some of the 25.3g for a .22
1st impression...these are smaller than the JSB MRD and MRD shallows AEA=8.08mm MRD= 8.84 Shallows= 8.94 original monsters=8.71
The skirts have a thicker wall than the JSBs'
The fit into the port of my RAW 1000x was nice and snug. Didn't feel like i was jamming it in because the headsize was too big.
I didn't weigh them out..yet...I did a 50 shot test for consistency and had 1 flyer from the group #93
they were shot from a 10 meter indoor...anything outside the ring is considered a flyer
i will be trying them at 50 yds soon
IMG_0184.jpeg

I think they are a touch and just a touch better than JSB heavies. Can't give any real numbers but they work great at the 940 range, my Maverick compact .22 500/1:16 barrel and my JSAR Raptor .25 700 TJ Barrel absolutely loves them, solid out past 100 yards. My SD's are under 2.0 with them. I just wish I could get larger tins.

Edited for grammar, I really need to learn to proof read.

Last edited:
Got out for a bit with the Raptor the first 5 are JSB 33.95, the next 5 are AEA 33.9. I did a 10 round group on both got 1.7fps SD on the AEA, and double that with the JSB's. It was hot and I was shaking a touch more than normal, groups were basically the same. It's interesting how the first shot is a touch faster each time.

1717649062187.png

i am liking these pellets more and more
25.3 g at 50yards with my Epoch 885 fps
#2 was hit by 2 spiraling pellets from speed testing Beasts…that didn’t go well
Mike
View attachment 470774
Was this in .22 with the Skout 25” barrel? They are also working well for me at a similar speed with both the Skout and FX liners in my Epoch.

Was this in .22 with the Skout 25” barrel? They are also working well for me at a similar speed with both the Skout and FX liners in my Epoch.
Hello Scotty
I have the 35" barrel
Hope that tune works out well for you, it seems pretty stable for me
I don't know what difference there is between the 2 barrels except that i needed a different case to keep from attaching/removing the moderator everytime i stored it
Do you have a digital pressure gauge on your HP? I found it extremely useful for this rifle because the adjustments to the HP regulator can be sensitive

Hello Scotty
I have the 35" barrel
Hope that tune works out well for you, it seems pretty stable for me
I don't know what difference there is between the 2 barrels except that i needed a different case to keep from attaching/removing the moderator everytime i stored it
Do you have a digital pressure gauge on your HP? I found it extremely useful for this rifle because the adjustments to the HP regulator can be sensitive
I have not changed any gauges yet, which gauge are you using? Also, have you tried their new mod?

i am using the ORC air gauges ..found them on amazon for 60$, but if time is not a factor, alibaba has them cheaper..like 40$..just takes longer to get to you.
get the 25mm in 1/8 npt...the 28mm were a little too tall.
Angled mounts would be better to view the gauges on each side, but i just use a hand mirror to see the gauges.

I was thinking about getting the new Tesla, but it would add another 2 inches to the length and i just cut the foam for this case and do not want to do it again

Yeah, I just take the mod off for the long barreled Skout. I have the same digital gauge in bspp on my Prophet, it’s been solid for 2 years and on its original battery. I’ll PM you for further Skout discussion. That said, both the AEA and JTS pellets are working really well in all my rifles, and consistently to boot.