• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

what are you all using for portable shooting bench solutions?

So I've been shooting alot of long range. 100+ yards as I want to shoot the Northeast Airgun classic next year as it only a hour from me and I have to say I'm a swell shot . But when I go out I lay prone so I can have my chrono infront of my rifle to record the data in the current weather conditions I am shooting in. But I want a bench. Something portable that will fit my rifle and chrono. The caldwell foldable benches look small. Are there other options? what u all using?

I use a portable folding table made of hard molded plastic with metal legs. I level the table and then use a tripod for the chrony. Most of my shooting is from a tripod sitting on a bucket, or I walk and stock. If you are handy in the shop, you could get a metal leg kit for a folding table and make your own top to suit your needs.

I made my own using an electric piano stand a friend was no longer using. Put a 16"×38" piece of wood I wasn't doing anything with on top & some walnut stain on it just because I had some. The legs are height adjustable so it's easy to level & more solid & stable than I'd thought it would be. You can probably find used piano stands for really cheap. Just an idea to ponder. Took less than 20 minutes to "build". More solid than Caldwell stands I've tried.
20240519_111324.jpg

So I've been shooting alot of long range. 100+ yards as I want to shoot the Northeast Airgun classic next year as it only a hour from me and I have to say I'm a swell shot . But when I go out I lay prone so I can have my chrono infront of my rifle to record the data in the current weather conditions I am shooting in. But I want a bench. Something portable that will fit my rifle and chrono. The caldwell foldable benches look small. Are there other options? what u all using?
Hello @TonyP

I built this portable Benchrest out of 2-inch square aluminum tube. It has a ½" thick plywood top covered with a marine grade Naugahyde material. I offset the rear wheels to enhance the stance and even though it is portable it is very stable.

ThomasT
Benchrest-209.jpg

I use this one. It is very sturdy and not too heavy to carry.