• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What are the best budget or low mid-end springers, that maintain their accuracy over time?

You can shoot hundreds of rounds in a sitting with a springer, it’s not going to “Overheat.”
Dieseling will kill it pretty fast.
I kind of meant that in a way it'll wear out the piston seal quicker, not that it's literally going to overheat... It's standard air pressure for a springer we're dealing with here, not high air pressure from a pump where seals actually heat up during the charging of PCPs in example.

The important thing, regardless of brand, is that it’s not overlubed at the factory. Sadly most are.

I had a Varmint I bought 15 or more years ago. Shot a few times and hated every shot. Didn’t touch it for years. I gave it to #2 son and he has been shooting it for two years.

I would never buy one again. But I didn’t know better. Now I have a HW30 and 95. There is no comparison and no going back.

A Hatsan Model 95 was my first rifle getting back into air guns almost 8 years ago and still have it. The only issue I've ever had with it, and let me stress this, was caused by ME.
I got an itch to tinker, over pressured the gas ram and blew the seals in the ram. Totally my fault and nothing to do with Hatsan. It's since been rebuilt with a spring after finding a member of another forum selling one as a parts rifle. Put my .25 barrel on his already tuned action and went back to shooting. Close to 6000 pellets later, still shoots just as accurately as it did 8 years ago when I bought it and the power difference between spring and ram is all of about 10-12 fps.

A Hatsan Model 95 was my first rifle getting back into air guns almost 8 years ago and still have it. The only issue I've ever had with it, and let me stress this, was caused by ME.
I got an itch to tinker, over pressured the gas ram and blew the seals in the ram. Totally my fault and nothing to do with Hatsan. It's since been rebuilt with a spring after finding a member of another forum selling one as a parts rifle. Put my .25 barrel on his already tuned action and went back to shooting. Close to 6000 pellets later, still shoots just as accurately as it did 8 years ago when I bought it and the power difference between spring and ram is all of about 10-12 fps.
There was this old guy on YT, who re-tested the mod. 125 Sniper with a spring in it, after 3 and a half years and roughly 1500 pellets, I think. The power level just barely fell down a bit, since the gun was brand new and he said that it still shot well after all that time.

Here's the link to the video:

The important thing, regardless of brand, is that it’s not overlubed at the factory. Sadly most are.

I had a Varmint I bought 15 or more years ago. Shot a few times and hated every shot. Didn’t touch it for years. I gave it to #2 son and he has been shooting it for two years.

I would never buy one again. But I didn’t know better. Now I have a HW30 and 95. There is no comparison and no going back.
True, the first thing I learned to do when I get a new gun is to de-lube it, clear out the barrel, until the wipes start coming out clean and also to wipe off the "cosmoline" from the spring and the seals.

Old guy's name is Kenny Kormandy who sadly is no longer with us. He had any number of videos about mid tier springers/gas ram guns and what he honestly thought since it was his money paying for them and not some sponsor supporting him.
Hatsan as already mentioned has a 50/50 track record with their QC. Knock on an entire redwood forest, but 20 something Hatsan or Turkish built Webley rifles later, I've never gotten a bad barrel or shoddy, what I joking call Monday or Friday built, rifle and I've had or still do, Model 95's, Model 87QE's, Edges, 1000X and Turk built Webley Tomahawks, Valuemax and a Spector. NO, they do not compare at all to anything Weihrauch or Diana which I also own a few of along with a couple Beeman branded rifles, but I've had very good luck with mine and as always, your mileage may well vary.

Old guy's name is Kenny Kormandy who sadly is no longer with us. He had any number of videos about mid tier springers/gas ram guns and what he honestly thought since it was his money paying for them and not some sponsor supporting him.
Hatsan as already mentioned has a 50/50 track record with their QC. Knock on an entire redwood forest, but 20 something Hatsan or Turkish built Webley rifles later, I've never gotten a bad barrel or shoddy, what I joking call Monday or Friday built, rifle and I've had or still do, Model 95's, Model 87QE's, Edges, 1000X and Turk built Webley Tomahawks, Valuemax and a Spector. NO, they do not compare at all to anything Weihrauch or Diana which I also own a few of along with a couple Beeman branded rifles, but I've had very good luck with mine and as always, your mileage may well vary.
I miss the guy too, he was one of my favourite gun-tubers. He told things like they were and had a no-BS attitude in regards to reviewing stuff. I only have 3 Turkish made guns, a Hatsan mod. 125 - standard issue (no Vortex) in .22, which I've gotten last year and through which I've barely put a 100 pellets so far, An Ekol Viper .22 pellet/6mm revolver that is simply an outstanding gun, no complaints there, and a Sig Sauer P320 blank gun, made by Ceonic, also without a flaw. My 125 seems to be holding up well, it surely shoots straight and makes good groups; However, it's got a defective rear sight, that wobbles up and down and that's why I've already got a "Protector" mount from Optima for it, and an UTG 4x40mm (True Strength with SSS) scope for it. I'll need some more trigger time behind it, in order to make a review.

+1 on what was said about Slavia 634. I shoot kyl spinners @45 with no problem.

20210415_154732.jpg

Reactions: Triglav