What are the best budget or low mid-end springers, that maintain their accuracy over time?

I'd like to know, what are in your opinion the best budget or low mid-end springers out there, that have good out of the box accuracy and that are capable of maintaining that accuracy for the first 1000 rounds, without the piston seal getting chewed up or significantly worn out, or the mainspring getting too weak or even bent for that matter. If you personally have the mentioned airgun in your collection or inventory, then please also explain what you found particularly well made or otherwise above average on that gun. I'd also appreciate, if you could tell me what was going on with the gun, after you've put 1000 pellets through it... How much accuracy did it lose, if any? Did it destroy any of your scopes? Has it lost a lot of power?

These things in particular are what interests me. Now, with that out of the way, I should also explain to you, that I recently made an error in the title of the article on the review of my Gamo Big Cat 1000, by entitling it with the term "Mid-Tier"... I now realize, that gun belongs in the budget tier of springers and not into the mid-end one. However, the accuracy it delivered out of the box with .177 JSB Exact pellets (with 4.52mm heads), was actually pretty good, at least in my opinion.

Have a look at a couple of groups, that were shot at 15 and 25 meters, which the Gamo served me with:
tarca.jpg

I had the gun fitted with an UTG-Leapers 3-9x42mm scope. This is the kind of accuracy I'd be expecting from a good, budget to low mid-end springer.
So, are there any out there with proven track records for maintaining accuracy through the first 1000 pellets?

I'd really like to hear your opinions...

- Triglav

Any springer at any price point, high end or low end can be problematic. The high end German and British springers are far less likely to be troublesome. Below this it’s really a crap shoot. If you can work on one then this opens doors for recommendations. If you cannot work on one then get a German or equivalent. Send it off for a tune and your set. You just can’t get there the easy, cheap way.

I'd like to know, what are in your opinion the best budget or low mid-end springers out there, that have good out of the box accuracy and that are capable of maintaining that accuracy for the first 1000 rounds, without the piston seal getting chewed up or significantly worn out, or the mainspring getting too weak or even bent for that matter. If you personally have the mentioned airgun in your collection or inventory, then please also explain what you found particularly well made or otherwise above average on that gun. I'd also appreciate, if you could tell me what was going on with the gun, after you've put 1000 pellets through it... How much accuracy did it lose, if any? Did it destroy any of your scopes? Has it lost a lot of power?

These things in particular are what interests me. Now, with that out of the way, I should also explain to you, that I recently made an error in the title of the article on the review of my Gamo Big Cat 1000, by entitling it with the term "Mid-Tier"... I now realize, that gun belongs in the budget tier of springers and not into the mid-end one. However, the accuracy it delivered out of the box with .177 JSB Exact pellets (with 4.52mm heads), was actually pretty good, at least in my opinion.

Have a look at a couple of groups, that were shot at 15 and 25 meters, which the Gamo served me with:
View attachment 342142
I had the gun fitted with an UTG-Leapers 3-9x42mm scope. This is the kind of accuracy I'd be expecting from a good, budget to low mid-end springer.
So, are there any out there with proven track records for maintaining accuracy through the first 1000 pellets?

I'd really like to hear your opinions...

- Triglav
Both targets show me that the rifle wants to group, yet the shooter is inconsistent. The top target shows two distinct groups which simply means that something as simple as your finger on the trigger position changed. Or your eye position to the scope. The 15 meter group also shows the rifle wishes to group, and that again due to hold or trigger control several flyers snuck into the mix.
Having said this and hopefully taken in a constructive manner, and as you asked for an opinion, well here it is. Grin! There is no longer any Budget air rifles, Gamo and the like are now priced up over 300 bucks. Add 100 dollars to that and you can own a decent HW. All and I repeat All the Gamo, Crossman, Hatsan and other creations can be accurate however due to sloppy triggers, defects in barrels and other variables they generally are not accurate to the point experienced shooters call accurate.
Example: I can at random pick up any brand new HW rifle right out of the box and at 25 yards shoot a .25 inch group or less. I expect that and more than that I demand this kind of accuracy. ( No it was not the wind, that is a joke as the chicken says)
I can at random pick up any Gamo off the shelf and get a 2 inch group at this same 25 yards. I expect this and have learned that this is expected accuracy from the entire mix of Gamo, Crossman and other so called budget guns. Can they be tinkered with and made more accurate, yes however they will never do much more than cause frustration and disappointment.
Want to plink and shoot, Go get a Gamo and set up a one gallon bean can at 25 yards and all will be well.
Want to shoot sugar cubes at 25 yards, go get a HW rifle. You will start out with a great rifle that encourages good technique and helps you to improve as you learn.
I have various Gamo, Crossman, Hatsan rifles and they can be found under the workbench in the garage, sitting up in the horsebarn, in the attic, or the back of a closet. I simply grew totally disgusted with all of them and have no intent of ever shooting one again. Life is too short to endure these products and I offer no excuse for my opinion of all of them.
All of my HW rifles are very accurate, and only promote good technique and trigger control.
Diana rifles can be good as well, however Diana requires lots of tinkering and maintenance. Over the years with them I have had many failures of something simple due to its construction being pot metal. Or soft cocking pins. I have a Diana 350 magnum .22 that is laser accurate, however if I shoot it much like two tins of pellets a week, I can expect issues with it from loose stock screws to a busted pot metal safety.

Therefore in my opinion there is only one brand of rifle worth owning and that is the HW line. I have six HW rifles from one year old to 23 years old and other than simple maintenance never had an issue. Now several do require adjustable scope rings and that is simply luck of the draw. Accuracy is always rewarded to any shooters skill level and this is an expected and desired result.

Leave the so called high dollar budget guns on the shelf and start life over with a good rifle. Go get an HW. Now when you put in hours of practice you will be rewarded with improvement to your skill and at the end of the day you will wear a smile.

Gamos are for folks shooting at one gallon bean cans. They are also for YouTubers held in pocket shooting 2 inch groups at 30 yards and saying, It was the wind son, it was the wind. That should raise some feathers.........Chuckle.
Cheers
Kit

yes , "what you have available to you in Slovenia?" unless you have no restrictions from shipping into the country ?

@Kitcarson comments are blunt but factual . and i agree if your going to spend $300 USD on a gun you might as well save up a bit more and buy a HW rifle here is best prices i know of https://www.krale.shop/us/sport-shooting/guns/air-rifles/

Might be better knowing what you have available to you in Slovenia to try and give you an idea what might fit/fill the bill for what you want.
I can also order from France or Czech Republic. Here in Slovenia we mostly have Gamos, Hatsans, Weihrauchs (but those are quite expensive and not exactly budget/mid-tier, but rather high-end ones, almost, if not each and every one of them). Hatsans, such as the 95, 99 and the 125s/130s/135s would actually fit the criteria of mid-tier springers in my opinion, that are capable of good out-of-box accuracy, and at the same time also maintaining it, if not "overheated"; Meaning that they shouldn't be shot a whole lot, all at once; like up to a 100 pellets in one session. Good to know that, as KitCarson up above stated, even guns, such as Dianas, which are considered to be high-end springers, cannot be entirely trusted to run well over longer periods of time. In regard to that, I've recently found out, that Diana moved its manufacturing operation to China, which explains the use of cheap pot metal in their airguns.

So with that said, I personally found Kit's post the most compelling in this thread, in regards to the purchase of budget springers. I've seen in the past what HWs are capable of and I really can't argue with Kit's post... In my honest opinion, the man is spot on with what he wrote!

Now, just to be clear, I might get myself another springer sometime in the future, but only, if either of my two Gamos won't hold up for another 1000 pellets in terms of holding their POI on the spot, or otherwise breaking down. I've got two Gamo springers, a Big Cat 1000-E in .177 and a Black Bear in .22 caliber. I haven't had a whole lot of issues, in fact barely a few, with my Gamo Black Bear, which now shoots pretty well for my taste and also seems to be consistent with different pellets, but hasn't been at first. When I first got it and took it to the range, it only shot well with .22 JSB Jumbos (5.53mm variants), but then kind of lost its accuracy even with these... That was up until I took the piston seal out of the cylinder and grinded/polished it down, as evenly as I possibly could. From there on out, it sort of settled or broken in, after some 300-350 pellets of various sorts - weights that is. Now it actually seems to be holding its accuracy on the spot. I've got a Gamo W1PM 3-9x40mm scope on it and the combo is, just as it is, working out very well for me so far. I'll make a review on this gun in a while.

yes , "what you have available to you in Slovenia?" unless you have no restrictions from shipping into the country ?

@Kitcarson comments are blunt but factual . and i agree if your going to spend $300 USD on a gun you might as well save up a bit more and buy a HW rifle here is best prices i know of https://www.krale.shop/us/sport-shooting/guns/air-rifles/
All true!
But I don't really have a need for an HW, I don't need something that can take out a fly at 30 yards... I'd rather have something that's less accurate in general, but tends to keep that lesser degree of accuracy for a longer time. The reason I posed this question, is because I wanted to find out, which budget to mid-end springer's accuracy lasts the most, before refurbishing is required (eihter a change of spring or piston seal); Of course, I wanted to find that out from your experiences, from you folks, here on AGN.

Both targets show me that the rifle wants to group, yet the shooter is inconsistent. The top target shows two distinct groups which simply means that something as simple as your finger on the trigger position changed. Or your eye position to the scope. The 15 meter group also shows the rifle wishes to group, and that again due to hold or trigger control several flyers snuck into the mix.
Having said this and hopefully taken in a constructive manner, and as you asked for an opinion, well here it is. Grin! There is no longer any Budget air rifles, Gamo and the like are now priced up over 300 bucks. Add 100 dollars to that and you can own a decent HW. All and I repeat All the Gamo, Crossman, Hatsan and other creations can be accurate however due to sloppy triggers, defects in barrels and other variables they generally are not accurate to the point experienced shooters call accurate.
Example: I can at random pick up any brand new HW rifle right out of the box and at 25 yards shoot a .25 inch group or less. I expect that and more than that I demand this kind of accuracy. ( No it was not the wind, that is a joke as the chicken says)
I can at random pick up any Gamo off the shelf and get a 2 inch group at this same 25 yards. I expect this and have learned that this is expected accuracy from the entire mix of Gamo, Crossman and other so called budget guns. Can they be tinkered with and made more accurate, yes however they will never do much more than cause frustration and disappointment.
Want to plink and shoot, Go get a Gamo and set up a one gallon bean can at 25 yards and all will be well.
Want to shoot sugar cubes at 25 yards, go get a HW rifle. You will start out with a great rifle that encourages good technique and helps you to improve as you learn.
I have various Gamo, Crossman, Hatsan rifles and they can be found under the workbench in the garage, sitting up in the horsebarn, in the attic, or the back of a closet. I simply grew totally disgusted with all of them and have no intent of ever shooting one again. Life is too short to endure these products and I offer no excuse for my opinion of all of them.
All of my HW rifles are very accurate, and only promote good technique and trigger control.
Diana rifles can be good as well, however Diana requires lots of tinkering and maintenance. Over the years with them I have had many failures of something simple due to its construction being pot metal. Or soft cocking pins. I have a Diana 350 magnum .22 that is laser accurate, however if I shoot it much like two tins of pellets a week, I can expect issues with it from loose stock screws to a busted pot metal safety.

Therefore in my opinion there is only one brand of rifle worth owning and that is the HW line. I have six HW rifles from one year old to 23 years old and other than simple maintenance never had an issue. Now several do require adjustable scope rings and that is simply luck of the draw. Accuracy is always rewarded to any shooters skill level and this is an expected and desired result.

Leave the so called high dollar budget guns on the shelf and start life over with a good rifle. Go get an HW. Now when you put in hours of practice you will be rewarded with improvement to your skill and at the end of the day you will wear a smile.

Gamos are for folks shooting at one gallon bean cans. They are also for YouTubers held in pocket shooting 2 inch groups at 30 yards and saying, It was the wind son, it was the wind. That should raise some feathers.........Chuckle.
Cheers
Kit

Cheers
Kit
I will do my best, a lot to remember. First question, no I do not own that particular air rifle. Many Gamo air rifles in other countries are different and also carry a different name branding and spring powered is also popular where as in the USA we are for the most part served with Nitrogen filled Gas Pistons for the power plant. I do own a green stocked .25 that is spring powered and it has well over 6000 rounds through it without a hick-up. My .22 Nitro Magnum has well over 10K through it and still shoots just like new. I have never had mechanical or reliability issues with any of them. So I have to give Gamo its due as far as overall quality, and 1000 pellet is not a great amount so I would not be concerned with that. My new this year .22 Fusion Gen 3i has well over 5000 rounds through it before I retired it to the back of the closet. As for loss of accuracy with use, No I have never seen that, what does happen is accuracy improves with use. As the seal wears in and the barrel becomes leaded accuracy does improve with use, never seen it get worse. ( let me add this in, I see complaints sometimes about the swarm magazine acting up, never had the problem either so long as I load the magazine properly and short skirt pellets or those extra long ones take a bit of use to learn how to load the magazine so I call this a non issue)
Which one would I pick, Gamo. Yep out of the mess of rifles the Hatsans, Crossmans, etc, etc, I would pick Gamo. With the addition of a longer sear screw at the rear of the trigger reducing the trigger pull to around 1.5 pounds safely and the use of Red Fire or H and N 5.54 head size FTT pellets adequate and consistent accuracy can be realized. By adequate I speak of one inch groups at 35 yards. I am simply always striving for perfection and simply cannot realize the accuracy I require with any Gamo, Hatsun, Crossman etc. However adequate accuracy is just that, adequate for plinking or small game hunting within 35 yards.
Scopes, yes and no, I am an older shooter and simply due to knowledge, use and exposure I know enough to use a good scope to begin with. So on all my springers I normally use a Hawke 6-24 by 50 30 mm tube compact AMX scope. AMX scopes are time tested and proven and I have never tore one up yet. I have also had good service out of UTG/Leapers True Strength scopes. They get a bad rap for some reason, personally for the money I like them and although I have had UTG scopes spin the reticle, none of the actual True Strength ones have done so.
I do try new products time to time and several years ago when I purchased the .22 Gamo Magnum I put an Element Nexus on the rifle. I guess around shot 200 or so the front glass landed on the shooting table, the retaining ring and o ring seal had vibrated loose and out popped the front glass. That magnum is a beast and has a serious recoil. Element happily replaced the scope with no questions asked. I would not put it on a springer though. So with tried and true scopes, Hawke AMX, UTG True Strength, Hammers etc never had them be a problem.

Quick note on Diana. Pretty rifles, yep they are. However my older ones well before the China days have various pot metal parts. The 460 I keep extra cocking pins and the internal cocking rail on hand just in case. The two sled style rifles I always carry a set of screw drivers with me so I can adjust screws each time I pick one of them up. They are what they are. Long lean and mean, just kinda prone to break.

So yep Gamo, Hatsan, Crossman rifles can have what I call adequate accuracy. With practice and the right pellet for the particular rifle one inch groups at 35 yards is well within reason. Adequate for plinking and hunting small game within those distances. I am just really always trying to become a better and better shooter and know that it is impossible with any so called budget gun. Low Tier, Mid Tier, High Tier, they are all the same, adequate only, not true accuracy.

I put three Gamos up for sale on this site a week or so ago, for 75 bucks, take your pick. Just trying to get rid of them. Shipping has become very, very expensive . They are all so called High Tier Gamos, fusion, bone collector, magnum, and they will all shot one inch at 35 yards, however they will not shoot .25 Grin!!
If you were close I would just give you one. I will never shoot them again. So far I cannot even give them away.

Cheers
Kit

Sure, you can buy a cheap springer that will shoot ok, not great, and will have a lousy trigger. Pay a little more for a quality gun like an HW or Beeman R9 ( not the cheap Chinese Beemans) and enjoy the great accuracy and beautiful adjustable trigger. Plus, it will maintain it's value and last for many years. You can hand it down to your grandchildren. You get what you pay for.

Cheers
Kit
The groups on both targets are good enough for me, I was just wandering whether there are such springers, that would be capable of delivering and keeping such accuracy for the first 1000 rounds... And from what I've learnt from you, there aren't any, anymore. Nowadays, there's only one principle that applies to most companies' manufacturing: Quantity over quality!

Note that this Gamo of mine was customized and de-tuned. It had to be tinkered with, so that it can now deliver such accuracy.

Now, I completely agree with you that for casual plinking and some half-decent target shooting, Gamo rifles or Hatsans are ok enough... And with that having been said, I also agree with you on everything else that you've written down here, except for one thing... You wrote that there are no more "budget" springers anymore, I beg to differ. Maybe that's the case in the US, but here in the EU, we've got guns such as the Crosman Copperhead 900, or the Hatsan Striker 1000 for about 150 euros. Even certain "better" Gamos are just over the 200 mark. These are current prices. Weihrauch HWs are on the other hand around 500 euros! That's twice as much. Link to one of our stores: https://nold.si/30-puske

As for Diana, they've moved their manufacture to China. At this point, you probably know where that's headed.... chinesium and all that.

BTW, you made my day with your last two sentences about folks who have Gamos :LOL:
It's just so true, I can say that myself! I wrote all about it in my review of the Gamo Big Cat 1000, how it was good out of the box for some 300 pellets and after that its accuracy went down the drain... It took some tinkering to even get it to group as good as it did in those two images that I've posted up above. Of course, I do realize that I could've done better myself in tightening those two groups up. With Gamos you just have to be a bit more diligent than with some the other guns... Could it also be due to a plastic stock? Do wooden stocks provide better consistency due to their heavier weight, than plastic ones?

Also, in every 'brand new Gamo gun' review on YT that comes out, there's a guy who shoots one of their new toys at a target some 20-25 yards away, and makes a decent group, but then all of a sudden, there comes a flier and the guy just apologetically says: "Ohh, that was just a bad pellet" or "that must've been a bad pellet in the box, it happens, it got twirled up in the wind"... and such. In fact, just yesterday I watched a brand new video review on YT, about the Gamo Gen3i, 10x, Swarm, 'insert' more bulls***, and the guy got a couple of fliers right of the bat, with his "preferred" Gamo brand of pellets and started going all out, defending the company, as if for those fliers that could've been his fault not the gun, and that he's just had a few strong gusts of wind go by when he took those shots... and so on and on. However, in the rest of his videos, on other, better springers, that I have watched, there were no fliers with, for instance the BSA Meteor Evo, which means that the guy can shoot, it was just Gamo's QC in the review on that 3i, "upgraded" Gamo, of course in combination with their pellets, that are also of dubious quality most of the time.

All in all, I appreciate your reply... I guess it took some time to write all of that, and for that I'd like to thank you, since you got the point pretty much spot on. Budget guns require tinkering and there's just no guarantee, that something won't go wrong with them after that as well. Expensive guns on the other hand will provide better accuracy and are going to have much less problems overall.

Once again, I appreciate the post.
Have a good one Kit!

I will do my best, a lot to remember. First question, no I do not own that particular air rifle. Many Gamo air rifles in other countries are different and also carry a different name branding and spring powered is also popular where as in the USA we are for the most part served with Nitrogen filled Gas Pistons for the power plant. I do own a green stocked .25 that is spring powered and it has well over 6000 rounds through it without a hick-up. My .22 Nitro Magnum has well over 10K through it and still shoots just like new. I have never had mechanical or reliability issues with any of them. So I have to give Gamo its due as far as overall quality, and 1000 pellet is not a great amount so I would not be concerned with that. My new this year .22 Fusion Gen 3i has well over 5000 rounds through it before I retired it to the back of the closet. As for loss of accuracy with use, No I have never seen that, what does happen is accuracy improves with use. As the seal wears in and the barrel becomes leaded accuracy does improve with use, never seen it get worse. ( let me add this in, I see complaints sometimes about the swarm magazine acting up, never had the problem either so long as I load the magazine properly and short skirt pellets or those extra long ones take a bit of use to learn how to load the magazine so I call this a non issue)
Which one would I pick, Gamo. Yep out of the mess of rifles the Hatsans, Crossmans, etc, etc, I would pick Gamo. With the addition of a longer sear screw at the rear of the trigger reducing the trigger pull to around 1.5 pounds safely and the use of Red Fire or H and N 5.54 head size FTT pellets adequate and consistent accuracy can be realized. By adequate I speak of one inch groups at 35 yards. I am simply always striving for perfection and simply cannot realize the accuracy I require with any Gamo, Hatsun, Crossman etc. However adequate accuracy is just that, adequate for plinking or small game hunting within 35 yards.
Scopes, yes and no, I am an older shooter and simply due to knowledge, use and exposure I know enough to use a good scope to begin with. So on all my springers I normally use a Hawke 6-24 by 50 30 mm tube compact AMX scope. AMX scopes are time tested and proven and I have never tore one up yet. I have also had good service out of UTG/Leapers True Strength scopes. They get a bad rap for some reason, personally for the money I like them and although I have had UTG scopes spin the reticle, none of the actual True Strength ones have done so.
I do try new products time to time and several years ago when I purchased the .22 Gamo Magnum I put an Element Nexus on the rifle. I guess around shot 200 or so the front glass landed on the shooting table, the retaining ring and o ring seal had vibrated loose and out popped the front glass. That magnum is a beast and has a serious recoil. Element happily replaced the scope with no questions asked. I would not put it on a springer though. So with tried and true scopes, Hawke AMX, UTG True Strength, Hammers etc never had them be a problem.

Quick note on Diana. Pretty rifles, yep they are. However my older ones well before the China days have various pot metal parts. The 460 I keep extra cocking pins and the internal cocking rail on hand just in case. The two sled style rifles I always carry a set of screw drivers with me so I can adjust screws each time I pick one of them up. They are what they are. Long lean and mean, just kinda prone to break.

So yep Gamo, Hatsan, Crossman rifles can have what I call adequate accuracy. With practice and the right pellet for the particular rifle one inch groups at 35 yards is well within reason. Adequate for plinking and hunting small game within those distances. I am just really always trying to become a better and better shooter and know that it is impossible with any so called budget gun. Low Tier, Mid Tier, High Tier, they are all the same, adequate only, not true accuracy.

I put three Gamos up for sale on this site a week or so ago, for 75 bucks, take your pick. Just trying to get rid of them. Shipping has become very, very expensive . They are all so called High Tier Gamos, fusion, bone collector, magnum, and they will all shot one inch at 35 yards, however they will not shoot .25 Grin!!
If you were close I would just give you one. I will never shoot them again. So far I cannot even give them away.

Cheers
Kit
Wow, whether you believe it or not, I'm kind of experiencing the same thing with my Gamo Black Bear in .22, which is essentially a Swarm barreled gun, but without the 10X repeating system, which I just don't like, otherwise I would've grabbed one some two years ago. Instead I got myself an Artemis SR900 9-shot, spring powered repeater, chambered in .177, that is not exactly a great shooter. Anyway I've been making better groups with my Black Bear lately and that's (at least from what I can tell) not due to me getting a better grip at it, but instead, just like you experienced with your .22 Fusion, due to the seal wearing or otherwise settling in, and of course, the barrel got leaded a bit more too. I actually like my Black Bear, it's performing good enough so far, I hope I won't be losing any accuracy over time, at least for the next 1-2 thousand pellets.

In our country, we also get offered more and more with break barrel airguns, that have gas-piston power plants, instead of springs. That is especially the case with Hatsans, which have their own variant of the theoben styled piston system, the Vortex. Almost every new Hatsan break barrel that gets sold in our country has a Vortex piston in it. But I personally don't like gas piston power plants in break barrels, because of one of my friends' experience with a Crosman F4, that had a Nitro piston in it, and that my friend had already replaced with a regular spring. The gas piston seems to have placed a lot of torque on the cocking lever over the years, so much in fact, that it bent the screws holding the barrel attached to the receiver, the pivot-pin screws I believe they're called. Anyway, out of that I took out that if you've got a piston gun, everything must be overlubricated in order to avoid an excess amount of torque or strain on the vital components, that can even bent them. And that's why I personally prefer regular springs, not gas piston power plants. All my guns are springers just because of that.

Also, thank you for reminding me that the term I was looking for to describe the kind of accuracy I wanted was: Adequate, and not 'good', or 'Great' for that matter.

One more thing, I also have a True Strength UTG/Leapers scope in my inventory, that I've placed on my Gamo Big Cat, which is also the combo with which I've been able to make the above groups. The reason however, as to why people talk smack about UTG scopes in because of their 'monochromatic blur' during movement and because some of them don't track perfectly, it takes a little while to zero one in on some models, but I personally didn't have that issue. However, once they're zeroed, they'll keep that POI intact and that's what really matters in my honest opinion when it comes down to springers.
I found my UTG to be a great scope for the money, that still keeps it zero intact, even after it's been on three... wait scratch that; Four different scopes and through countless shots! The only really vocal person to have had an issue with UTG was the "Cyclops Rhea...<something>", who even went as far, as to call the folks over at UTG out to be gay. That video was nothing short of hilarious.

haha, I'd honestly gladly pick one of your Gamos up... Too bad we're half the planet away from each other ;)

Why not a Stoeger, I have several of the smaller 1's among many higher end makes and models. Find the right diet and maybe a little trigger work they can be pretty decent.
I was actually on the lookout for the RX-20 S3, the one with the integrally suppressed barrel last year, but they unfortunately ran out of stock back then.
However, the reason I stopped pursuing that gun, was because all of them were imported into the country under-powered (with lesser coiled springs), even though the legislation already allowed the merchants to sell such guns with full power; 10 Joules - 190m/s is just not enough for me, in .177 or for that matter in .22 caliber.

ZVS went out of business a couple of years ago... They made Slavia (a subsidiary of CZ) replicas under their name. In example, the Slavia 634 was renamed the ZVS Perun-731.
I'm not much of a historian, and don't have much experience with CZ springers. But if you have experience with them I'd be interested in hearing your take on my comment.

I'm not much of a historian, and don't have much experience with CZ springers. But if you have experience with them I'd be interested in hearing your take on my comment.
A friend of mine had a Slavia 631, with the 634s' mechanism, piston, seal, spring and trigger assembly. He bought it second hand and at that time it was already quite beat up, a lot in fact. Then he tinkered with it a bit and turned it into a decent shooter... Let's just say, that it could make .75" groups at 15 yards, but you'd have to take into account, that the gun had god knows how many pellets through it already. But if it would be brand new, then I'd probably perform like this:

BTW, the gun was pretty much easy to tinker with, because it had a very simple and straight-forward design, you could easily change out the piston seal for instance or the mainspring for that matter, unlike on some of the more modern guns, like the Hatsans that are incredibly over-engineered.

Reactions: bf1956