What are some great gas rams?

Got deep pockets, there's a seller on Ebay that has several Theoben rifles for sale in various models/calibers and willing to accept offers.
Our very own @JimBentley the last I knew, had one listed in the Classifieds unless it's already been scooped up.
@Sqwirl57 has a thread going on the Sig and while a great rifle, the ram in it looks very similar to the Diana N-Tec.
The rest, just don't waste your time.

Got deep pockets, there's a seller on Ebay that has several Theoben rifles for sale in various models/calibers and willing to accept offers.
Our very own @JimBentley the last I knew, had one listed in the Classifieds unless it's already been scooped up.
@Sqwirl57 has a thread going on the Sig and while a great rifle, the ram in it looks very similar to the Diana N-Tec.
The rest, just don't waste your time.
The more time I spend with the ASP the more I realize that at its price point, it was an absolute gift that Sig briefly gave the community. Dollar for dollar I dont think anything beats it.

I recently got a few new gas rams in that I'm testing now and I have very high hopes for them based on what I'm seeing. They aren't over powered but still giving a solid 18ftlbs while being pretty darn pleasant to shoot. I'll leave it at that until I have more time behind the trigger of them

do i see two lefties ? HMMMMMM?
Teach yourself to shoot righty and problem solved...lol. I'm a righty, but after pretty major shoulder surgery, had a useless right arm and it was either train the brain to shoot lefty or not shoot at all. In my case, it took a bit to get the left eye and trigger finger to do what I normally did with my right, but if I can, anyone can.

The more time I spend with the ASP the more I realize that at its price point, it was an absolute gift that Sig briefly gave the community. Dollar for dollar I dont think anything beats it.

I recently got a few new gas rams in that I'm testing now and I have very high hopes for them based on what I'm seeing. They aren't over powered but still giving a solid 18ftlbs while being pretty darn pleasant to shoot. I'll leave it at that until I have more time behind the trigger of them
Are the rams in your recent imports rebuildable or capable of having the ram pressure changed?

thanks!

Reactions: Bandito
Are the rams in your recent imports rebuildable or capable of having the ram pressure changed?

thanks!
No they aren't that fancy unfortunately but you can get them in 17/18ftlb or a 12ftlb variant. I've been playing around with the full power version and I'm impressed so far with how they feel amd sound. I imagine the 12ftlb ones are going to be a dream. Replacement rams are dirt cheap to boot

Teach yourself to shoot righty and problem solved...lol. I'm a righty, but after pretty major shoulder surgery, had a useless right arm and it was either train the brain to shoot lefty or not shoot at all. In my case, it took a bit to get the left eye and trigger finger to do what I normally did with my right, but if I can, anyone can.
OH i can shoot righty ,just feels odd to me . when i qualify for concealed carry i shot both righty and lefty , all dead center ,

This thread is a year old this month and still has interest. I thought I would add an "addendum" to my response of this thread of almost a year ago. Question asked..."Great gasrams". Well...if not the "greatest" the Theoben SLR88 imperator NON-HE gasram would be right there at the top. Thought I would present some practical experience I've gleaned from my newly acquired gasram, not just pretty pictures...yeah...some of that too! This Imperator was running at 11fpe and worked well but I topped it up to 14.4 fpe...674fps with Crosman domes. Compared to HE rams I've topped up this non-he was very different...but that's a story for later...At 14 fpe and not being familiar with the gun or trigger I struggled with accuracy using my "off knee" typical position and was starting to worry that I did something to the ram or seals. For some reason I put it on some bags, which I never do with a springer...I declared bag shooting springers IMPOSSIBLE...ask my friends...Well it isn't. Two 10 shot groups at 30yds...and I was pretty well exhausted by this time...I was using JSB 18.13 and you can see the results of a "great gasram" doing what it's supposed to do...I suspect much better to come...stay tuned!
1000003003.jpg
1000003001.jpg
1000002988.jpg
1000002989.jpg
1000002992.jpg

This thread is a year old this month and still has interest. I thought I would add an "addendum" to my response of this thread of almost a year ago. Question asked..."Great gasrams". Well...if not the "greatest" the Theoben SLR88 imperator NON-HE gasram would be right there at the top. Thought I would present some practical experience I've gleaned from my newly acquired gasram, not just pretty pictures...yeah...some of that too! This Imperator was running at 11fpe and worked well but I topped it up to 14.4 fpe...674fps with Crosman domes. Compared to HE rams I've topped up this non-he was very different...but that's a story for later...At 14 fpe and not being familiar with the gun or trigger I struggled with accuracy using my "off knee" typical position and was starting to worry that I did something to the ram or seals. For some reason I put it on some bags, which I never do with a springer...I declared bag shooting springers IMPOSSIBLE...ask my friends...Well it isn't. Two 10 shot groups at 30yds...and I was pretty well exhausted by this time...I was using JSB 18.13 and you can see the results of a "great gasram" doing what it's supposed to do...I suspect much better to come...stay tuned!View attachment 461311View attachment 461313View attachment 461315View attachment 461316View attachment 461317
beautiful gun , and shooting too !

This thread is a year old this month and still has interest. I thought I would add an "addendum" to my response of this thread of almost a year ago. Question asked..."Great gasrams". Well...if not the "greatest" the Theoben SLR88 imperator NON-HE gasram would be right there at the top. Thought I would present some practical experience I've gleaned from my newly acquired gasram, not just pretty pictures...yeah...some of that too! This Imperator was running at 11fpe and worked well but I topped it up to 14.4 fpe...674fps with Crosman domes. Compared to HE rams I've topped up this non-he was very different...but that's a story for later...At 14 fpe and not being familiar with the gun or trigger I struggled with accuracy using my "off knee" typical position and was starting to worry that I did something to the ram or seals. For some reason I put it on some bags, which I never do with a springer...I declared bag shooting springers IMPOSSIBLE...ask my friends...Well it isn't. Two 10 shot groups at 30yds...and I was pretty well exhausted by this time...I was using JSB 18.13 and you can see the results of a "great gasram" doing what it's supposed to do...I suspect much better to come...stay tuned!View attachment 461311View attachment 461313View attachment 461315View attachment 461316View attachment 461317
Now that's stacking em!!!

Reactions: wijib