• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning What are folks liking for Avenger 25 tunes?

I just finished tuning my .25 today. Have a half day off work tomorrow and plan on taking it squirrel hunting. I fill it to 4200, HS at 2 full turns CCW from full strike. Set the reg at 2500 and shooting JSBs 33.95 at 855 average for 24 shots. Giving me 3 mags at 55 fpe. Zero at 50 puts me at about 1” high at 25 to 35 yards. I haven’t tried shooting more shots to see when it falls off the reg. I did turn it up wide open at first with 26.54 Hades. Maxed out, testing 1 mag, I was getting and average of 982fps for 56.82 fpe. I did not try the 33s at that time. 

Well after my last post about,(strange FEDEX visit),by the way FEDEX did finally make the delivery. .25 avenger.well I have been playing with the .26 gr polymag pellets.tuned the regulator down to 2400 psi,HAMMER spring 2 turns ccw .FX chronograph 933 fps.sighted centerpoint spectrum FFP scope 4×12 at 35 yards.think I'll drop the regulator down to 2300 psi and play with the hammer tension,looking for 890 fps.after I get it set up,I'll swap my ATN 4K PRO scope over from my .25 Hatsan flashpup.flashpup's and .25 HADES been given the night bandits (racoons),a work over.the .25 avenger is about to start duty at the back door.barn and chicken coop duty