What ammo brands would you like to see in airgun reviews?

I'm planning on launching a airgun and accessories youtube channel this year. I intend to do reviews of airguns and equipment as well as general informational videos on the hobby.
When it comes to airgun reviews I intend to put 10 000 rounds through the airguns. My plan has been 1000 rounds from 10 different brands of ammo or 500 rounds from 20 different brands or types of ammo from the same manufacturers.

I'm in Finland so limited to the ammo available in the EU. As I'm buying the rifles for myself to review I will try to buy them in .25cal if possible. I will probably try to sell the rifles after reviewing them and in some cases borrow rifles in order to save money.
The only brand I'm 100% sure I will be getting is JSB as so many people seem to have good impressions with them and I've had no problems with them myself.

I'm not rich so I can't afford the super expensive brands. I'd just like to know what brands people would be interested in seeing being used.
I want to use many different brands or versions of pellets/slugs because some airguns like some brands and dislike others.

Here are some brands available in .25 caliber from Krale in the Netherlands which is a place I usually order from.
Screenshot 2024-04-03 183500.jpg

So what brands of airgun ammo would you people suggest I take a look at?

You're asking what brand of pellets and slugs to review?

H&N — manufacturing ammo since 1847 in Germany
(Haendler & Naterman Sport)

Matthias 👍🏼

Reactions: JimD and Impact701
Test them all. But do remind us that your in Finland, and testing under the constraints of Finnish law

Your results may, or may not be relevant to everyone, but its always good to have another perspective
Finland has no limitations on power but does require a license for anything above .25 caliber. So .25 caliber is the largest I can get without a license. This is why I will mainly focus on .25 caliber airguns.
Hmm, now that I think about it Finland is kinda unique in the EU as we have no power limit. Most EU countries have 3, 7.5 or 10 joule as license free power levels.
I think Norway has the best laws with no caliber or power limits at all.

Reactions: WoodWelder
You're asking what brand of pellets and slugs to review?

H&N — manufacturing ammo since 1847 in Germany
(Haendler & Naterman Sport)

Matthias 👍🏼
I have been in contact with H&N and would like to order some ammo from them.
I haven't thought about reviewing ammo, what I'm asking for is what ammo to use when reviewing guns.

One gun might love jsb whilst another hates that ammo and suffers poor performance due to it but does incredibly well with some other brand of pellets.

So the video might be: Today I'm reviewing the Ultra Uber Gun from the PewPew factory. We will be shooting 1000 rounds of JSB Heavy, Snowpeak, Javelin, H&N, etc etc etc.

I would like the price of ammo to be below $€500 per video though. I might invest in a slugpress if I can afford it. I don't expect to make any money at all from the videos because youtube hates "gun" channels so it's mostly a project for myself as I'm a sick pensioner with nothing to do with my spare time.

Reactions: JungleShooter
Pretty much you have to test everything you can get your hands on with every barrel. ...
I have tested about a same amount in .22 and .25 for shooting 50 and 100 meter rings, through 6 liners and two guns.
It toke me a good year season to finish my spreadsheet, documented all, and
it toke me about two years to "dispose" all the amo what I don't want to see again (plinking around like a drunken solder) ;) .

Reactions: Florida_Man
To OP :)
I think the two distances 50 and 100 meter rings are great value for testing amo, shooting rings, document in pictures and don't forget to make a spreadsheet.
Columns to include - calibre, weight, barrel/liner length, Twist Rate, speed, Reg, Temp and so on...
Forgot to mention but range will be 50 and 100 meters. If performance is good the range goes all the way out to 300 meters. I intend to try the Epoch, Red Panda and Altaros M24 out to 300.
I need to order those Skout Sniper slugs for testing.

I have about 150kg (300 pounds?) (I order by the box, 30-50 tins in each) of airgun ammo at the moment but I need to order more from several brands.

Finland has no limitations on power but does require a license for anything above .25 caliber. So .25 caliber is the largest I can get without a license. This is why I will mainly focus on .25 caliber airguns.
Hmm, now that I think about it Finland is kinda unique in the EU as we have no power limit. Most EU countries have 3, 7.5 or 10 joule as license free power levels.
I think Norway has the best laws with no caliber or power limits at all.

We (Netherlands) have no limitations whatsoever on power nor caliber when it comes to airguns. 🥳

I'd like to see a test with JTS Dead Center pellets. (I'm using them in my .22 PP750 with great satisfaction.

We (Netherlands) have no limitations whatsoever on power nor caliber when it comes to airguns. 🥳

I'd like to see a test with JTS Dead Center pellets. (I'm using them in my .22 PP750 with great satisfaction.
You do however have laws pertaining to airguns looking like "real" guns or looking "tactical".

This is the Hatsan Zada break barrel airgun. It is illegal in the Netherlands because it looks like a real gun. I know because I've tried to order it from the Netherlands. Not sure you will be able to buy the new FX DRS without a FAC due to it looking like a real gun.
z.jpg

This is the Hatsan Vectics, standard version has a long picatinny rail. I want this version but alas can't buy it from the Netherlands :(
Screenshot 2024-04-04 134226.jpg

This is the Hatsan Vectis Netherlands compliant version. No longer looks scary because no long picatinny rail.
Screenshot 2024-04-04 134601.jpg

Reactions: ctshooter
You do however have laws pertaining to airguns looking like "real" guns or looking "tactical".

You do have a point there, but it's a little more complicated than that.

For example, this FX DRS looks like a genuine hunting rifle and this Air Arms looks like an assualt rifle.

On the other hand, it is a criminal offense to possess a 3 ft-lb bb handgun like this, which I can buy in Germany.

But to make it even more absurd... I am allowed to buy the AEA Zeus. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: JungleShooter
But to make it even more absurd... I am allowed to buy the AEA Zeus. :ROFLMAO:
Meh, if you want absurd look at the AEA Zeus in Germany. It has to be nerfed to 7.5 joules and then it's license free. I wonder what 7.5joule .95 cal Zeus looks like. Does the slug simply fall out the barrel?

Not sure what I'd prefer Finlands no power limit but .25 max or Germanys no caliber limit but 7.5 joule limit. All AEA guns come with the parts to remove the limiter.

Then again larger calibers are mainly for hunting and "expensive" to shoot. Never heard of anyone bringing a Zeus to a shooting competition :D

Reactions: Tuinschutter

This is the Hatsan Zada break barrel airgun. It is illegal in the Netherlands because it looks like a real gun. I know because I've tried to order it from the Netherlands. Not sure you will be able to buy the new FX DRS without a FAC due to it looking like a real gun.
View attachment 452229

This is the Hatsan Vectics, standard version has a long picatinny rail. I want this version but alas can't buy it from the Netherlands :(
View attachment 452230

This is the Hatsan Vectis Netherlands compliant version. No longer looks scary because no long picatinny rail.
View attachment 452231
The Hatsan Zada is nothing more than their AirTact in a different stock...lol. I own an AirTact in .25 cal. Shoots a touch over 20fps with JSB king 25.39gr.
AirTact BSA scope.jpg