what airgun videos should I make?

hello everyone! im trying to get back into making YouTube videos but I don't really know what kind of videos I should be making. what's more interesting, full reviews, ammo testing with different guns, hunting videos or all of them? I used to make airgun reviews (I think I made 2 lol) one of them got around 11k views and the other is right around 45k and is one of if not the most viewed review of that gun. I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to making videos anymore so I want to focus on what people actually want to watch, what a better group of people to ask than air gunners. here are the guns I can do videos on currently: airforce TalonP, Benjamin Akela, gamo swarm maxxim gen 2 and the crosman 362. do any of those guns need to be reviewed? or should I focus on other types of videos? let me know what you guys think.

thanks guys and gals!

Frankly if it's not a brand new gun..... like you are mentioning the Gamo Gen2 when now there is Gen 3... I wouldn't bother because nobody buying a new one is going to care

I think if you want to rock an airgun channel one option is getting the newest gear and reviewing it, in detail, right away

Another option is hopefully you have a good personality & imagination and people like watching your content anyway

Got a link for us?

hello everyone! im trying to get back into making YouTube videos but I don't really know what kind of videos I should be making. what's more interesting, full reviews, ammo testing with different guns, hunting videos or all of them? I used to make airgun reviews (I think I made 2 lol) one of them got around 11k views and the other is right around 45k and is one of if not the most viewed review of that gun. I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to making videos anymore so I want to focus on what people actually want to watch, what a better group of people to ask than air gunners. here are the guns I can do videos on currently: airforce TalonP, Benjamin Akela, gamo swarm maxxim gen 2 and the crosman 362. do any of those guns need to be reviewed? or should I focus on other types of videos? let me know what you guys think.

thanks guys and gals!
I don't know if you will get more views, but I would like to see more videos on the Akela .177.

.177 seems to be left out most of the time as it "seems" that "everyone" is looking for more power. NOT TRUE!

Videos on "new" airguns are usually plentiful, but some airguns simply get lost in the shuffle with the folks who only want the latest and "greatest".

Yeah, many of us know how that works out... (smile)

Thanks!

All my best!

Kerry

I don't know if you will get more views, but I would like to see more videos on the Akela .177.

.177 seems to be left out most of the time as it "seems" that "everyone" is looking for more power. NOT TRUE!

Videos on "new" airguns are usually plentiful, but some airguns simply get lost in the shuffle with the folks who only want the latest and "greatest".

Yeah, many of us know how that works out... (smile)

Thanks!

All my best!

Kerry
I noticed that as well, and all of the .177 akela videos are sub 12 and there really isn't too much out there. mine is slightly (not so slightly) tuned but I think it would still be fair to make videos on that one, maybe not a full full review but something for sure.

Frankly if it's not a brand new gun..... like you are mentioning the Gamo Gen2 when now there is Gen 3... I wouldn't bother because nobody buying a new one is going to care

I think if you want to rock an airgun channel one option is getting the newest gear and reviewing it, in detail, right away

Another option is hopefully you have a good personality & imagination and people like watching your content anyway

Got a link for us?
I see what you are saying there, unfortunately I can't get the latest and greatest just yet, Im thinking for guns like the TalonP and the Akels (no new versions are going to be made) videos may have a longer shelf life than a gamo gun when they make a new one very 12.8356 minutes. YouTube.com/@squidair is the link for my new channel. I don't have anything posted on it just yet, ive been doing research and testing like crazy to make my first video the best it can be, but I will be posting something soon, rather its a full video or just range day shorts or something like that.

Maybe guns that are already popular.... people might like to see various ammos tested, velocities fpe etc and accuracy. And whatever you can do to make the video interesting as a form of art. I wish you the best of success!

I would also start off doing parallel content on Rumble and maybe others. Who knows what YouTube bans in the future, or if you even want to still be there. It's a good time to establish yourself on Rumble as it's more of an even playing field.

1. Comparative Review of Top Airgun Models: Showcase and compare the features, performance, and aesthetics of top airgun models. Highlight aspects like precision, power, design, and ease of use. Use your photography skills to present detailed close-ups and slow-motion footage of the airguns in action.
  2. Airgun Maintenance and Customization Tips: Create a tutorial on maintaining and customizing airguns. Include tips on cleaning, storage, and safety. Demonstrate customization options like sights, grips, and other accessories, emphasizing how these enhancements improve performance or aesthetics.
  3. Field Target Shooting Techniques with Airguns: Produce a guide on field target shooting, focusing on techniques, strategies, and equipment setup. Include footage of actual shooting scenarios, highlighting the role of skill, airgun selection, and environmental factors in successful target shooting.

Maybe guns that are already popular.... people might like to see various ammos tested, velocities fpe etc and accuracy. And whatever you can do to make the video interesting as a form of art. I wish you the best of success!

I would also start off doing parallel content on Rumble and maybe others. Who knows what YouTube bans in the future, or if you even want to still be there. It's a good time to establish yourself on Rumble as it's more of an even playing field.
I haven't even thought about rumble or other hosting sights until just now, now that you say it, YouTube has been kinda silly about all that recently and banning content. I'll definitely look into that. im thinking about picking up an avenge X soon so maybe that can be my "popular" gun.

1. Comparative Review of Top Airgun Models: Showcase and compare the features, performance, and aesthetics of top airgun models. Highlight aspects like precision, power, design, and ease of use. Use your photography skills to present detailed close-ups and slow-motion footage of the airguns in action.
  2. Airgun Maintenance and Customization Tips: Create a tutorial on maintaining and customizing airguns. Include tips on cleaning, storage, and safety. Demonstrate customization options like sights, grips, and other accessories, emphasizing how these enhancements improve performance or aesthetics.
  3. Field Target Shooting Techniques with Airguns: Produce a guide on field target shooting, focusing on techniques, strategies, and equipment setup. Include footage of actual shooting scenarios, highlighting the role of skill, airgun selection, and environmental factors in successful target shooting.
im so interested in field target, the airgun geeks podcast talks about FT shooting a lot and has gotten me supper interested. maybe I could do a series on building my gun and skills to start competing in FT shoots. would that be cool?

Reactions: NorthernBallistics
My question is what compels you to want to make videos? If you are already a busy person, there are probably 20 things you can do more constructive with your time and not risk getting your feelings hurt or jonesing for likes and views. Maybe focus on being really good and knowledgeable about airguns. Be it tuning or participating in a shooting sport. Then maybe make some videos if that’s a need that you just can’t kick. There are enough buffoons putting out worthless airgun videos. Don’t join them.

My question is what compels you to want to make videos? If you are already a busy person, there are probably 20 things you can do more constructive with your time and not risk getting your feelings hurt or jonesing for likes and views. Maybe focus on being really good and knowledgeable about airguns. Be it tuning or participating in a shooting sport. Then maybe make some videos if that’s a need that you just can’t kick. There are enough buffoons putting out worthless airgun videos. Don’t join them.
I really enjoy reading and answering questions in the comments on my old channel, I still to this day answer questions on a video I posted 2 years ago. I understand it may be goofy and it's a ton of work to make the videos, but at the end of the day that doesn't matter. what matters is being able to help someone out. having knowledge on airguns and tuning and all that only helps me if I don't share any of it with others. idk, that's just how I am. if I can spend 10 hours on a video that helps even just one person make an informed decision then its time well spent for me.

I personally make ones I want to make. But then again, I'm don't make the to get subscribers. Most are on vintage guns. I tell more of there history, explaining how the work, give you a good look at them. Then do some shooting.
I also need to do some new videos. Have several new old guns etc... to share

I really enjoy reading and answering questions in the comments on my old channel, I still to this day answer questions on a video I posted 2 years ago. I understand it may be goofy and it's a ton of work to make the videos, but at the end of the day that doesn't matter. what matters is being able to help someone out. having knowledge on airguns and tuning and all that only helps me if I don't share any of it with others. idk, that's just how I am. if I can spend 10 hours on a video that helps even just one person make an informed decision then its time well spent for me.
I also answer questions from old videos, on a weekly basis.

Reactions: WorriedMan
Reactions: Septicdeath
There are a couple of video types I watch. There are reviews of new guns like AAR or Airgun Detective and those are fine but it’s all about new stuff. There are others that focus on older classics and I enjoy those very much. I don’t see many long term reviews. I would also enjoy some comparisons of old and new versions of a classic like the 760 or some other budget guns that might bring new people into the sport. I expect a lot of people would introduce kids or other family members to air guns if Santa could leave a 760 under the tree or a nice Daisy was a birthday gift but what to buy that isn’t junk or to complex to keep a new shooter interested? Basic maintenance videos? Lots of possibilities. One other suggestion: see if you can find a lady that’s attractive, well spoken and intelligent as your on camera personality. You’d be surprised at how many men and women will pay attention to a lady but will pass by the same video done by a man. Sounds sexist but it’s true.

Rick H.

• Haha
Reactions: TYLERHASKINS2
Save up and buy an Umarex Zelos when they are released. It will probably have a pretty good draw for the price point. The Notos was a huge draw and content monster for the Everyman. The Zelos will be a step up and I’m sure it will do well.
that looks like another airgun I saw recently, maybe the snow peak m60? don't quote me on that but im thinking that's the name of it.

There are a couple of video types I watch. There are reviews of new guns like AAR or Airgun Detective and those are fine but it’s all about new stuff. There are others that focus on older classics and I enjoy those very much. I don’t see many long term reviews. I would also enjoy some comparisons of old and new versions of a classic like the 760 or some other budget guns that might bring new people into the sport. I expect a lot of people would introduce kids or other family members to air guns if Santa could leave a 760 under the tree or a nice Daisy was a birthday gift but what to buy that isn’t junk or to complex to keep a new shooter interested? Basic maintenance videos? Lots of possibilities. One other suggestion: see if you can find a lady that’s attractive, well spoken and intelligent as your on camera personality. You’d be surprised at how many men and women will pay attention to a lady but will pass by the same video done by a man. Sounds sexist but it’s true.

Rick H.
"if you can find a lady that's attractive, well spoken and intelligent" trust me ive been looking 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein