• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Airgun do you have that you would never get rid of for any reason?

Kalibrgun Cricket Carbine in .22:

PXL_20220605_193247571.jpg

Yes, "fiddly" magazine insertion/extraction and all.

It's a tweener for sure, in no man's land for competition (any of which I'm aware)- at ~30 fpe it's illegal for AAFTA field target, underpowered for XFT, & it's ammunition (16 or 18 grain JSB) is ill suited to bench rest competition unless there is ZERO wind. May also be considered underpowered for hunting, depending on the quarry & distance involved.

So why my ultimate keeper then?
- plenty powerful for any critter/distance combination I shoot at
- 6k+ pellets & not one inexplicable "flyer"
- relatively easy to work on should it need resealing, etc
- fits like a glove; LOP, trigger reach, cheek weld, & balance are all spot on for me- couldn't get a better fit if I paid for a full custom rifle
- relatively cheap to shoot (the JSB 16 it gets fed most is competitive with .177 pricing)
- if something weird crops up, it's backed by the knowledge & service of @Frear42-_.

Being ate up with field target means she won't be the most used in my modest air arsenal going forward. On that note, the Wolverine could easily have taken this spot... many of the same qualities. But the Cricket was here first, and you did say only one 😜

I would choose the Revere.

My very first PCP was the Daystate Regal XL .22 caliber from AoA. I sold it back to them for a Safari, and always regretted selling that gun. I love the Safari .22 HP, RAW HM1000x .22 HP, HW100 .22 carbine, Royale 400 .22, and FX Boss .25. Loved the Taipan Long .25 when I had that too, which was traded back to AoA for the new Revere.

re. RAW - It would kill me to sell this gun or not have it, for all of the reasons given by Ed ( ELH ).

But, if only one gun - I love the Revere as I can take it too range for 30-50 yard Bench rest paper targets and it is a great backyard/woods squirrel gun. Nothing to tune, suits me fine as it shoots both the 15.89 and 18.1 extremely well.

Tom

IMG_7278.jpg

IMG_7279.jpg

What Airgun do you have that you would never get rid of for any reason?​

For me, it's the never and any
Never is a very long time.. I enjoy the hobby as much as anyone and more than most, however I can't say I wouldn't sell off every material possession in an instant for the right reason.

If the question is what would be the last one you would sell then that's easy.

This Hyedua .177 long Thoben SLR in as new condition.

IMG_3668.JPG

IMG_3670(1).JPG

Unfortunately, I just sold this one to a friend who is building a beautiful collection. See what I mean about Never, and Any? It's just stuff.

The question was what as in one airgun. I have had as many as 100 at one time and said I would never get rid of this or that one. Well there gone as I am down to about 20 now. This is a hold your feet to the fire type of question. You are facing the worst possible circumstances and you are faced with making unpleasant choices. So What Airgun do you have that you would never get rid of for any reason?
Yeah, I knew that but really struggled with a definitive answer. I think I'd have to choose my Boss. It's the one I'm MOST "emotionally" attached to.

Reactions: coastal drifter

What Airgun do you have that you would never get rid of for any reason?​

For me, it's the never and any
Never is a very long time.. I enjoy the hobby as much as anyone and more than most, however I can't say I wouldn't sell off every material possession in an instant for the right reason.

If the question is what would be the last one you would sell then that's easy.

This Hyedua .177 long Thoben SLR in as new condition.

View attachment 315624

View attachment 315625

Unfortunately, I just sold this one to a friend who is building a beautiful collection. See what I mean about Never, and Any? It's just stuff.
How do you feel about gifting? I mean, it’s Christmas and long as you’re already shipping to my house… ha ha ha. That is a beauty. Its still CRYING to be shot IMO ;)

Boy, this is a tough question. Hope I never have to choose. I’ve only had this gun a couple weeks but have gotten really fond of it. 1968 Winchester 435. Came to me in new, unfired condition, bag of inserts and papers still sealed and attached to trigger guard. It didn’t remain unfired long LOL. Smooth and easy to shoot but what I really like about it is the workmanship. And it was a gift from Kim so that factors in. The Diana Model 52 Luxus I have was also a gift from her and it would be in the short list. Obviously, I married way over my head :)

087B7BA6-6B33-4728-9576-59A47208569D.jpeg

Reactions: bf1956
It would definitely be my Theoben rapid .20 caliber without having to even think about it.
It’s absolutely as accurate as my RedWolf, and is a pleasure to shoot.
The only thing the RedWolf is better at is shooting past 100 yards in wind using slugs (which is utterly addicting)!
That is one beautiful stock Dave! I am ignorant about Theoben's.

Does Airguns USA still make these new, or if not, I assume you need to find a used one? I went on to Martin's website, and cannot find any, so not sure if he/they still make these or not. I am curious more than anything, as I have a RAW HM1000x .22 HP that I love right now.

Also, at .20 caliber what pellets and distances do you typically shoot this gun for best accuracy?

OP - not changing your topic, but since Dave showed us the picture, I was curious. Hope you are ok with that, but I can PM Dave if not. No worries.
]
Tom