• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Airgun do you have that you would never get rid of for any reason?

My three keepers (but if I could only keep one, it’d be the Safari)

C871080E-51E6-4AC9-A41D-D892BBB411D6.jpeg

rapid2.JPG

My Titanium Rapid Clone machined by Chip Smith... Ul_Ti_Mate Rapid!!
Trigger is made by Chip and Gordy Dawson, full hybid ball-bearing on all pivot points Bench Trigger.
Titanium Tube with a Custom Chip-Tac Chassis. 23 inch LW Polygonal barrel, Full Shroud with Air-Stripper
Classy, Tactical, Accurate and has some power....

...speaking of friends, member Lewis lives 20 miles from the earthquake center in North California, texted him this am his power was out and everyone in area had some damage, he would be the first one to request prayers for one of us so please send some up for him and his family.
Thank you so much for the kind words and concern.
All is well on our end just a few broken household items. Some were not as fortunate and at least 11 people have been injured and at least 2 have lost their lives due to the earthquake. Power has already been restored to some areas and is expected to be back for the rest of us within the next 12-24 hours.

Mine is a custom built .25 by Jack Haily (My he rest in peace). That's Jack Haily of the 457 Sledge Hammer Big Bore Air Rifle fame. The gun was given (yes given) to me by his wife Reba at the first Malvern, Arkansas airgun show.. It shoots Beeman Kodiak 31 grain pellets @ about 940 fps for 15 shots between 2800 psi and 1800 psi. That is around 60fpe. Using a little less than 100 psi per shot. Jack was one of the finest gentlemen I ever had the pleasure to me.

tim

View attachment 315432

View attachment 315434

View attachment 315435

View attachment 315437

Funny enough, mine is also a QB. A QB79 custom built and tuned by Jason aka @nervoustrig

IMG_20221204_114746.jpg

I have a couple of nice PCP's and nice Under-levers and break-barrels but I would keep the HW50 .177, with the Hawke AMX 2-7x32 scope.I like the weight,the grip, the forearm, it's classic form, it's got some zip to it.The quality in-letting. Fit and finish are A1 and the machined parts are excellent. It's just a natural. Just for the fun of it I aimed at a few small cans ( these are some of my PCP targets ) I have hanging on the property line fence, 67 yards from my front patio. Once I got the hold over and wind figured out I started hitting them. The time lag was interesting,lol

Well, "never" is a long time, but I would choose my RAW HM1000 as my ultimate keeper. Mostly because of its simple, robust and proven design, but also due to the relationship over the years with Martin. There is an almost priceless value in being able to talk to the person who can answer any question, solve any problem that might arise. I can't say the RAW is my favorite at every single aspect of my air gunning, but, it does everything well.

Last edited:
It would definitely be my Theoben rapid .20 caliber without having to even think about it.
It’s absolutely as accurate as my RedWolf, and is a pleasure to shoot.
The only thing the RedWolf is better at is shooting past 100 yards in wind using slugs (which is utterly addicting)!

3070A2A5-70BA-447D-9D35-FBB899487B7B.jpeg

rapid2.JPG

My Titanium Rapid Clone machined by Chip Smith... Ul_Ti_Mate Rapid!!
Trigger is made by Chip and Gordy Dawson, full hybid ball-bearing on all pivot points Bench Trigger.
Titanium Tube with a Custom Chip-Tac Chassis. 23 inch LW Polygonal barrel, Full Shroud with Air-Stripper
Classy, Tactical, Accurate and has some power....
I WILL find one of those in the wild some day! Those are such awesome rifles!

I honestly feel dirty now.... I honestly forgot about my AZ Rapid .25!!! I want to change my rifle choice now, to the Rapid .... the RedWolf can go, just needs to be a smoking of a deal :p

Last edited:
The first Kral I built. A 22 jumbo I got from Matt(Joedirt199). I converted to 25 cal and shorter barrel, bigger 300 BAR bottle. Just a nice handling rifle and has the power I need for anything I'd hunt with an air gun.
20221204_084909.jpg

And my new favorite is the mini breaker

20221219_123846.jpg

Neither of these I'm parting with. Parts are interchangeable which is a huge plus. She needs a finish but I can't decide just yet!

Reactions: PGinsandiego