• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What age for pellet gun, while supervised?

I learned what a .22 was at age 4 and to NEVER touch it unless my Dad was right there. Got a Daisy when I was 6 or 7 and my Co2 powered Crosman around 12. Still have it and have been shooting some kind of gun all my life. Start him early and teach him well and it will be fine until he’s a teenager. At that point all bets are off.😇

Rick H.

Reactions: SHOMER
My grandsons visited the ranch last weekend and I introduced them to Field Target. They learned gun safety, the gun points at the ground or the target, finger off the trigger until you have acquired the target, total concentration and smooth breathing. My 5 year old grandson shot a perfect 13/13 Gamo squirrel targets from 20 yards. He said that it was the best day of his life.

It is a long way to go for my son, he is about to turn two. He walks, talks, but has no concept of harming, death, projectiles, etc...
But eventually, I wish for him to have fun with pellet guns, while supervised. I will think about unsupervised fun way later.

So at what age, would someone show their son how a pellet gun works? And what product would be ideal?

My wife hates the idea of having actual firearms or pellet guns at home now. But I wish to have him grow up learning the safety rather than being oblivious to all guns.
Only you can gauge when your child will be ready (introduced my daughter to gun safety soon after she started school) as for your wife, include her in the airgun fun and maybe thru education and hands on she'll develop a more positive view (just don't force it let it take place organically).