What accuracy can one expect from the right slug?

I have a .25 cal Impact MK2 with power plenum and 700 mm w Slug Liner A (Not Superior). 

I've been having accuracy issues w this particular gun. So before I can begin to tune, I need to know what tuning goal I’m working towards.

I guess the first question is what size groups can I expect from a properly functioning and tuned gun with the right slug at say 50 y and 100 and beyond. Maybe all I can expect is MOA at 100 y with this setup?

Obviously I would like to hear from guys w a similar setup. Info from .22 won’t do me much good but if other .22 guys might benefit From reading this post then why not? Go ahead and post. 
My scope was bad and it has been replaced in warranty. So I’m starting over. 

Thanks

Half inch in 22 at 100 yards 920-930fps Nielsen 22 grain no power plenum slug liner from last year pre superior version. 2 inch at 200 yards in perfect conditions.

Half inch? What exactly does that mean? 3 shot, 5 shot, 10 shot? Perfect conditions, breezy, swirling winds? Just saying half inch really doesn’t mean much. Would love to see a series of five or six groups five shots each that average 1/2 inch in real world conditions. ;)

Half inch in 22 at 100 yards 920-930fps Nielsen 22 grain no power plenum slug liner from last year pre superior version. 2 inch at 200 yards in perfect conditions. 

Have not tested any of my Impacts in 25s yet due to lockdown but I have a variety of Nielsons in 25 already.

I don't see a 22 grain at NSA. I see a 20.2 or a 23. Are you talking about one of these or something else? I haven't yet tried slugs but I have the same liner and would love to get that kind of accuracy.

I'm beginning to believe only a few of us are able to get good results with slugs.

Every time I ask how far out shooters are able to maintain a MOA with slugs it goes quiet...

Lots of talk about caliber, weight, BC, and even terminal balistics but almost nothing on long range accuracy. 

Sounds like Yo can maintain MOA out to 200 yards. I'm currently at about 3/4 and damn close to 1/2 MOA at 200 yards. That's 5 shot groups in 1-2 mph wind.😉

Have not tested any of my Impacts in 25s yet due to lockdown but I have a variety of Nielsons in 25 already.

I'm beginning to believe only a few of us are able to get good results with slugs.

Every time I ask how far out shooters are able to maintain a MOA with slugs it goes quiet...

Lots of talk about caliber, weight, BC, and even terminal balistics but almost nothing on long range accuracy. 

Sounds like Yo can maintain MOA out to 200 yards. I'm currently at about 3/4 and damn close to 1/2 MOA at 200 yards. That's 5 shot groups in 1-2 mph wind.😉

Nothing personal guys, but pics or this is BS. MOA with an airgun at 100 or 200 yards is nothing but luck still at this point. Even Centercut has said the same thing in a different thread.

Even Centercut? Lol.

I've posted multiple videos of myself hitting sub MOA targets at over 400 yards such as shotgun shells, soda cans, and 3"-4" balloons. Purposely filmed over water or ravines so it could only be faked by hot air balloon. Still got static. So to post pics of groups would almost be pointless. But.....................I did just shoot a new personal best at 200 yards this morning at the Josephine County Sportsman Park outside of Grants Pass OR with a couple of witnesses. 5 shots in about a 2ish mph wind. No BS.
1597530091_14130528685f385feb8aeb43.14454399.jpg

Yup, even Centercut...

🤪

I don’t think we’re talking about magic groups. We’re generally talking about overall accuracy. Most of the time that would be a series of 5 shot groups shot consecutively. Maybe 5 or 6 groups. That would definitely demonstrate the gun/slug accuracy. In this case above in perfect conditions, but that’s fine... We do like seeing those magic groups, but the point of the OP is the statements being thrown around like those magic groups are the norm, and they’re not. Even Swish... lol Don’t be a hater...

What would stop all doubts is to see an EBR target Challenge shot at 200 yards. That would be impressive and I would be shocked to see a score greater than 200. That’s only putting each shot into a 2 inch circle. Easy Peasy for a gun that shoots 1/2 MOA at 200 yards. 25 shots

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/ebr-target-challenge/

Step into the Arena and show all us naysayers that we’re all full of poop. ;)

Sounds like Yo can maintain MOA out to 200 yards. I'm currently at about 3/4 and damn close to 1/2 MOA at 200 yards. That's 5 shot groups in 1-2 mph wind.
1f609.svg

Your friend Matt does it too with his home made swaged slugs using a Corbin press and slug maker die same as Nielsens NSA in his Impact.

Yup, even Centercut...

1f92a.svg

I don’t think we’re talking about magic groups. We’re generally talking about overall accuracy. Most of the time that would be a series of 5 shot groups shot consecutively. Maybe 5 or 6 groups. That would definitely demonstrate the gun/slug accuracy. In this case above in perfect conditions, but that’s fine... We do like seeing those magic groups, but the point of the OP is the statements being thrown around like those magic groups are the norm, and they’re not. Even Swish... lol Don’t be a hater...

What would stop all doubts is to see an EBR target Challenge shot at 200 yards. That would be impressive and I would be shocked to see a score greater than 200. That’s only putting each shot into a 2 inch circle. Easy Peasy for a gun that shoots 1/2 MOA at 200 yards. 25 shots

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/ebr-target-challenge/

Step into the Arena and show all us naysayers that we’re all full of poop. ;)

1597539386_1675832025f38843abc5036.20402643.jpg
What do you think I would score on the front card if I held for the wind?

I did hold for wind on 3 of the 1.87" group but that was all on that card.

Not a clue, maybe 150? Shoot for score and find out. Let’s not guess and just try it. Even in perfect conditions like your “targets” above... I see a 1 MOA gun at 200 yards in ideal conditions from those groups above.

Damn accurate! You should be commended, but it’s certainly not a 1/2 MOA gun at 200 yards.

Sounds like Yo can maintain MOA out to 200 yards. I'm currently at about 3/4 and damn close to 1/2 MOA at 200 yards. That's 5 shot groups in 1-2 mph wind.
1f609.svg

Nothing personal guys, but pics or this is BS. MOA with an airgun at 100 or 200 yards is nothing but luck still at this point. Even Centercut has said the same thing in a different thread.

I wish you were in Az, Id be more than happy to give you my gun for a few hours and a box of slugs. Its not luck or magic. It wasnt easy to get there, but Im there!