What about the Brocock Commander XR .22? - Well I Bought One!

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/what-about-the-brocock-commander-xr-22/#post-1198091

I posted this a couple of weeks ago. I bought one from AOA and received it about 10 days ago. I've shot it a couple of times and spent some time with it today. I added a Donny FL Tatsu and a Discovery HD 5-25 FFP scope that I had, And also bought a Carm magazine and SSL. . I like Brocock's! I started with the Compatto - sold, Bantam.177 - still own, Sniper - sold, Now Commander XR. The new cocking lever is fantastic, solid magazine. I ran it through my chrono today: FX 18.13 / 833 fps, FX 15.9 / 872 FPS

Then I shot out of my garage using a Bog Fieldpod and my camping chair at 30 yards. Pictures below. The AA 18's could be better - they have a lot of bent skirts but I still shoot them. No adjustments to the scope. I consider myself a good shot but not a great shot, so I'm sure some of the small flyers are on me but I am very happy with the accuracy. I have a couple of places that I shoot ground squirrels and am looking forward to using this one. On the target the top groups are 6 shots and the lower groups are 5 shots. I got 90 shots from a 250 bar fill down to 140 bar. The reg is set for 135 bar according to the gauge

LLEON just started posting about his Atomic. All I can say is oh no not another Brocock. Might have to sell a couple of my other pcp's.

P3200134.1647821038.JPG
P3200143.1647821594.JPG
P3200135.1647821617.JPG
P3200138.1647821650.JPG

Congratulations on the Commander XR, and the good shooting with it already. You have plenty of experience with Brococks so you know to expect good, consistent accuracy. The Atomic XR is simply blowing me away, so am restraining myself from overly posting about it. Been consistently hitting chewed up black walnut husk to 50 yards. Again congrats on your Commander XR.

I love mine also. It has met every expectation that I had. Mine is identical to yours, and my reg pressure and velocity seem about the same as yours also. I tried some H&N 21 grain slugs (217) and Patriot 23 (217) and Nielson 23 (217) with the reg set as is. The H&N were slightly best with Nielson and Patriot right behind. Only got to shoot them at 40 yards thus far and about nickel up to slightly larger groups.

I did tighten up my stock slightly at the folding joint with a small piece of black grip tape, and the buttstock on the buffer tube with some clear gorilla tape. Neither is noticeable and it did improve my groups. Mine loves the JSB 18.3 and the Barracuda hunters. Hitting the spinner at 40 yd with the slugs vs. the pellets is quite a surprise!

Due to all of the suggestions here on the Taipan veteran from my first post about what I should get as my first PCP, I also purchased on of them in the long configuration from a member here in classifieds. It should ship this week.

It certainly will not replace my Commander XR, but plan to use it for different purposes!!!

Best of luck,

Chris

I have a Brocock Commander XR 22, Sniper Magnum XR 25 and Concept XR 22. All great guns. I like the cocking action on my Brococks over my FX Mavericks! Sure you'll be happy with your Commander and congrats!!! I have my Commander set up shooting Hades with my oneleaf for some night pesting around the house. Just wish the Sniper Magnum had more power for being a magnum.