Brocock/BRK What a shooter!! BRK Pathfinder .177

Ladies a Gentleman what can I say? This thing is a shooter! I been eyeing a BRK Pathfinder for a little while and finally decided to “pull the trigger” pun intended. I had been looking for a new pistol mainly for Extreme Field Target (EFT) pistol class but this pistol also meets AAFTA requirements which is a huge plus. I was previously been shooting a Benjamin marauder pistol that I had done some modifications to. It was a good pistol for this competition and for hunting that I had done well with. However I had an itch for something better and more accurate. The BRK Pathfinder truly checked so many boxes for me. A few of those being accuracy, reliability, ergonomic, and build quality. With EFT pistol requirements being at the center of it all. After a conversation or two with @zx10wall I knew it was definitely the right call and placed an order for a .177 with him. A week goes by and I get a text from Derrick showing me some pictures of the guns groups at 30 yards with the two of the guns favorite pellets. JSB 10.34 and JSB 13.43 Redesigns. Both shot very well but I wanted to take full advantage of the better BC of the 13.43 Redesigns. The Redesigns were shooting very well at around 770-780 Fpe. Derrick then made the awesome suggestion of what if we were to try and get more power out of the Pathfinder. I said that sounds awesome and to go for it. A day or two goes by and I get another text with the shot string and some more groups at 30 yards with the 13.43 JSB Redesigns. I was pumped that he was able to massage the gun and get just a bit more power to get about 805 fps average. I’ll let you be the judge of these awesome groups In pretty windy conditions. I shot the groups from a stool and sticks like EFT at 55 yards. You have to give Derrick a call or message to let him work his magic.
IMG_1074.jpeg
IMG_1076.jpeg
IMG_1077.jpeg
IMG_1101.jpeg

Love this one! Are there any mounting holes on the bottom of the stock at the very front for a little pic rail?
There are, the Pathfinder is really a rifle, that a very few, OP included use as a very specialized pistol. Here’s a picture of mine.

IMG_0994.jpeg

There are, the Pathfinder is really a rifle, that a very few, OP included use as a very specialized pistol. Here’s a picture of mine.

View attachment 408889
You are right the Pathfinder is an AWESOME compact hunter! And your set up is the intended use and set up. Another great example why the Pathfinder is so versatile.

Reactions: L.Leon
Can it shoot slugs?
I honestly have not tried slugs out of it. No need really. For hunting, the hades 10.34 works great. I primarily use 13.43 JSB Redesigns in my applications. Shot a starling at over 75 yards with the 13.43 at 805 fps ish. No proof but it happened. Very capable hunter and competition gun.

Reactions: L.Leon
I honestly have not tried slugs out of it. No need really. For hunting, the hades 10.34 works great. I primarily use 13.43 JSB Redesigns in my applications. Shot a starling at over 75 yards with the 13.43 at 805 fps ish. No proof but it happened. Very capable hunter and competition gun.
Starling at 75 yards! Very nice, proof is in your telling… The Pathfinder is definitely able in capable hands like yours…🙏

Reactions: okieairgunner