FX What a day

Picked this .25 500mm DRS up at my local shop today. (Shortly after the UPS man dropped off my new compressor) I went with the intention of buying the .25 in 600mm but when I saw the big plenum on the 500mm I just had to have it.
IMG_0519.jpg

Picked this .25 500mm DRS up at my local shop today. (Shortly after the UPS man dropped off my new compressor) I went with the intention of buying the .25 in 600mm but when I saw the big plenum on the 500mm I just had to have it.
View attachment 457566
Awesome setup you've got there man! Congrats on your new purchase and let us know how she does.

Reactions: Justaguy
Looks excellent. Pellet or slug liner. I'll be interested to hear about the power and poop count.
It is completely stock. I was surprised it came with the large plenum... at no extra charge. Waiting on scope and chronograph. Hopefully, I will be shooting it by next weekend. I am very curious what kind of numbers the 500mm puts up with the large plenum.

I don't know if they have any parts ready for the gun yet., as far as slug liners and other upgrades. I texted Utah yesterday about the FX picatinny rail for it, and they said it would be a few weeks before they got them in.

The gun feels pretty good I like the size and weight. The large plenum gives you a good/comfortable hold for offhand shooting. I know a lot of guys are complaining it looks too big but once they hold it, I think they will change their minds. I did.

The magazine is a little bit of a PITA. I have to use a toothpick to wind the thing and be able to hold it until I get first pellet in, but everything feels high quality, so I am not going to complain about that (some guys may though). I plan on buying 2 more.

I would like to drill and tap the backside/bottom of the plenum for a regulator gauge. (If possible) It is a perfect place for a gauge. It would be easy to see and out of the way.

Hopefully I can post some stock 'out of the box' numbers next weekend.

" I was surprised it came with the large plenum.." My experience with FX is....it was an accident but not unexpected. FX doesn't put numbers on their parts and they don't put on unique numbers on their parts as they make changes and I've got some doubts that their assemblers look at them, they just grab. You got lucky they screwed up.

It is completely stock. I was surprised it came with the large plenum... at no extra charge. Waiting on scope and chronograph. Hopefully, I will be shooting it by next weekend. I am very curious what kind of numbers the 500mm puts up with the large plenum.

I don't know if they have any parts ready for the gun yet., as far as slug liners and other upgrades. I texted Utah yesterday about the FX picatinny rail for it, and they said it would be a few weeks before they got them in.

The gun feels pretty good I like the size and weight. The large plenum gives you a good/comfortable hold for offhand shooting. I know a lot of guys are complaining it looks too big but once they hold it, I think they will change their minds. I did.

The magazine is a little bit of a PITA. I have to use a toothpick to wind the thing and be able to hold it until I get first pellet in, but everything feels high quality, so I am not going to complain about that (some guys may though). I plan on buying 2 more.

I would like to drill and tap the backside/bottom of the plenum for a regulator gauge. (If possible) It is a perfect place for a gauge. It would be easy to see and out of the way.

Hopefully I can post some stock 'out of the box' numbers next weekend.
Hi , you can mount an angled manometer bracket to the side of the SHP plenum for easy viewing and monitoring the regulator pressure. No need to dril the plenum ;-)

" I was surprised it came with the large plenum.." My experience with FX is....it was an accident but not unexpected. FX doesn't put numbers on their parts and they don't put on unique numbers on their parts as they make changes and I've got some doubts that their assemblers look at them, they just grab. You got lucky they screwed up.
Hi, the DRS 500mm .25 cal is standard supplied with the SHP plenum. This is not an accident ;-)

That is what I was thinking also.
Hi, the DRS 500mm .25 cal is standard supplied with the SHP plenum. This is not an accident ;-)
Thank you for the response and the info. I don’t think most of us knew that the .25 500 came with the SHP.