• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What .30 cal do you recommend?

Daystate Wolverine
1f609.svg

That comes with a bottle unless you're referring to the Wolverine 303. The Uragan is also a bottle gun.

@Oakenhawk If you're not opposed to bullpups, look for a used EDgun R5. If you are, then maybe double your budget and pick up an AAA Evol 30.

Vulcan 2 (35 inch long and 18 to 25 shoots per fiil, depending on fps ) or Uragan (30 inch long fps and 27 to 35 shoos per fill, depending on fps). Uragan King, double of shoots per fill than he Uragan, but heavier.

Any of those wii give you better accuracy than your shooting skills, quality, and 2 magazines included.

Unbeatable for the price.

In addition, on all those rifles with the hammer, it is very, very easy to decrease fps or increase them to your next preference, depending on the use you will give to the rifle, paper holes or rabbit hunting or coyote hunting. Very easy to adapt your rifle.

Dreamline 30 if you want a tube gun. I’ve got the maverick compact 30, so far I like it. If your not opposed to a bottle gun I would definitely look at the Uragan 30cal, my 22 compact has been one of my favorites. I like the safety position for hunting, it’s in the trigger guard so I can get on target before turning the safety off then click it back on if I need to move. I like the left hand cocking for quick follow up shots. The gun is very accurate and I never have to burn off a couple shots if I let it sit(reg creep). The main reason I went maverick over the Uragan was it’s lighter, I don’t regret it, but I bet I would be just as happy or happier with the Uragan. 

If you consider the FX Boss .30cal, just keep in mind they shoot pellets just fine. However they don't shoot slugs worth a crap, the "smooth twist" barrel is terrible with slugs. One other thing is that there is no external power adjustment or power wheel, so whatever you have it set up for is what you got. I don't know how well the .30 pellets are for hunting, typically people use slugs with .30cal for hunting because the size of game you can take with the larger caliber - in Florida anyways. I'm very hesitant to try to take a deer with a pellet. In Florida you can use .22cal up to about raccoon size game, anything larger you have to use .30cal or higher.