• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Whacking some ferals

Was contacted by a horse breeder who is having a problem with feral pigeons. They don't actually roost on his property but they are there much of the day perched on his barn and eating food etc.

A friend and i went down to see the situation and estimated there are around 60+ birds flitting between his land and a nearby farm. 

We set up near the barn in a covered area and waited. 

Managed to bag 11 (1 not recoverable) and I think thats easily achievable again next time we go back too. We eat these as we really enjoy the meat but its also good sport. 

I was shooting my compatto target and my buddy was using a 14ft/lb .25cal bsa ultra I just picked up. Inside of 25-30 yard that gun is sweet and really thumped the ferals. Id love one in 177 at some point. I struggled early on to get to grips with holdover (hangover from uk 12ft/lb shooting) and missed some over estimating hold over. But soon got it dialled in and ended up overtaking my buddies early lead to finish the winner 6-5, nothing like a bit of friendly competition.

These will all go into a couple of pies my buddy is making.

1598577753_21227033255f485c597533f1.31363377.jpg