• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WFTF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS EQUIPMENT STATISTICS 2022 ITALY

Nation,

Here are the statistics for equipment that was used in the WFTF World Championships in Italy 2022. This is a Facebook link, if anyone knows how to post this image(s) for those who do not have or wish to use FB, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a tech guy, so I might need a little assistance with this one. There is no individual equipment breakdowns, but it's something......

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

Reactions: Calmark and qball
298099869_10227538424596280_5045894243188851706_n.jpg

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

I was surprised the JSB 7.87 were so low. I really like them for sub12 fpe, seems flatter than the 8.44 but these guys are the 12fpe experts so they would know. I'm guessing better wind resistance with the shape of the 8.44.

The sightron scope being the most used doesn't surprise me, but I wouldn't have bet March would be second. Figured Falcon and Nikko and Leupy would be above March.

Daystate may have been down there in the number of shooters using them, but I think I saw on social media that Lauren Parsons is the female division world champ again? And I'm pretty sure she's stuck with the Daystate Red Wolf LPR as her gun of choice. So, few WFTF shooters using Daystate it seems, but at least one of them did quite well.

(Edit: and THANK YOU for starting an entirely new thread on this topic. Truly, we needed it. )

Reactions: mh and Calmark
I’m surprised how far AA is down the list and twice as many steyr than anschutz. Seems odd to me
I would think for several reasons....Air Arms EV2'S haven't been made for a few years now, and whatever is out there, is out there. Air Arms put out the FTP 900, but that platform had some quirks in its early days. There was supposed to be another pure FT oriented gun after the FTP 900, but I don't think it's been released yet. Not even sure if AA is even still producing the 900, I don't think they are.
Steyrs have always been popular, and still are.
The possible reason for a lack of Anchutz pcps, is, I don't think Anchutz makes a 12ftlb model, I think they only make 10 meter stuff, and need to be converted by an airgunsmith. This might cost too much for the shooter, a top of the line Anchutz 10 meter gun is well over $4000. Add the cost to have it converted to 12ftlb, you're probably approaching 5 grand pretty fast.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

Reactions: Podna and qball
Anschutz usa lists a ft 9015 @ 12 fpe and they have a hunter 9015 also that I think is 12 fpe. They are quite pricy though.

Anschutz makes Steyr and Thomas look……,,,,economical! 🤣

Edit: cool looking guns with cool prices

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Solo1
I almost have all of the above......RAW TM1000, AIR ARMS EV2, STEYR LG110, THOMAS FT, and yes, a lowly Marauder that I had good success with a few years back. It's kind of hit or miss with all of them, depending upon what ammo is available (or not)
Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

I am lucky enough to have a Thomas FT, originally 20fpe but I tuned it down to 11.5 FPE. All the hits are attributed to the guns and all the misses are result of me! Hahaha

Reactions: mh