• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events World Field Target Championship 2024 USA 🇺🇸

www.wftc2024.com
Catch us on instagram and Facebook #wftc2024 and @wftc2024

WFTC 2024 Announcement
Release: 7-9-22

The Phoenix Airgun Club at the Rio Salado Sportsman’s Club in Mesa, Arizona, proudly announces that we will be hosting the 2024 World Field Target Championship (WFTC), sanctioned by the World Field Target Federation (WFTF).
This event is the pinnacle and largest outdoor airgun competition in the world. This year, Italy has the privilege, and in 2023 South Africa. In 2024, the United States will have this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to host. This annual event is cycled and awarded to one of over 50 member countries in a predetermined order.
We are honored to carry the torch and represent the United States, and we look forward to seeing you in the fall of that year!

Garrett Kwakkestein

Edit: added website and socials info

69D9CA79-956D-45B2-888E-8D83CA08EF9F.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words. The rules unfortunately state only WFTF class can be held at this event. As much as we’d want it, it’s not permitted. On the bright side you’ve got two years to get equipped and practice on a bum bag! This will definitely be an epic event you won’t want to miss.

Picture of "Most" team members. OP of pic stated some missing & no clue who that would be ?

AAFTA would like to congratulate team USA who will be representing us at the WORLD WFTF championship in Italy August 4-7! Team USA is:

David Alsop
Son Lu
Lauren Parsons
Paul Cray
Peter Brooks
Garrett Kwakkestein
Lonnie Smith
Edwin Tubens
Cameron Kerndt
Matt Brackett
Virgilio gonzales
Jay Hannon
Matt Sawyer
Hector Medina
Manuel Morales

295862819_10223172122065664_5163215672717602200_n.jpg

Ok here is an update for WFTC2024!

We are all working hard behind the scenes to bring you the best event ever! We have just added an interest list and a volunteer sign up form on the site. We need all the help we can get. Early planning is the secret sauce to hitting this out of the park! If you are a Hunter class or Open Class shooter, but you still want participate, here is the answer! Even if you are planning on competing, and can lend a hand, your dedication is always welcome. We may have two shifts of shooters depending on the registration numbers. Early head count is key for planning. If you are planning on competing, put your name on the interest list. Its not a match sign up form...Remember, that's through your RGB. We will post details on that later on.
Oh, and one more thing... Dates are Posted!

Cheers,

Garrett

www.WFTC2024.com
#wftc2024

7C79D179-ADC6-4FAA-B311-A8C33818A81E.jpeg

Last edited:
Greetings Everyone,

Just as a reminder, we have opened our Volunteer sign-up list. Responses are coming in. If you want to be a part of this event, go to the website, www.wftc2024.com, and click on the volunteer tab. We need YOUR help! Everything from Marshalling, Chrony, to Event Support.
This will be one of the most epic airgun field target events in the United States, and as you know, it takes a village!

Garrett

Thank you for the kind words. The rules unfortunately state only WFTF class can be held at this event. As much as we’d want it, it’s not permitted. On the bright side you’ve got two years to get equipped and practice on a bum bag! This will definitely be an epic event you won’t want to miss.
All the rules have changed that much? Last time in the U.S. was at Roz's hollow , The Good Ole Boy's and got to have all classes. And, a darn good time was had by all.

Click on (odd looking) links at bottom for other classes: https://web.archive.org/web/2008010...rguns.net/goodoldboys/2007_world_results.html

Naturally were I close enough I would attend no matter as shooting in any class of FT is a good day!

Godspeed.

John

Tim,
We are still a little ways out. So a quick answer right now is 1. Discussion: yes. 2. And an answer: no. Right now we are just gathering interest levels via a survey on our website. There has been plenty of discussion on wether to or not limit. Once South Africa is complete, we will query RGBs and get more robust numbers. There are multiple game plans based on what those numbers return. Our priority is a quality event. We would like to see everyone interested, able to participate.

Garrett

Reactions: tjmac
I am all signed up Garrett for volunteering for whatever is needed, from start to finish. Hopefully I can shoot also, but if I am unable to because of duties, I can forego shooting to help you get it done. BC
I too have thrown in my application to help out ... Primary being a course marshal when not on the courses shooting them.

Reactions: BC
Greetings Everyone! Now that South Africa is behind us, it is time to focus on Worlds here in our backyard!
We previously announced dates, however due to range dynamics and policy changes, we are announcing the new CONFIRMED dates of:
NOVEMBER 13-17th, 2024
Visit www.wftc2024.com for the latest. You can sign up as a volunteer or sign up for the interest list. Be sure to check our our facebook page "wftc 2024 USA" or our insta page.

and without further ado, I present our promotional video:

See you there!!!!