Westhunter WHT 3-12X44 SFIR FFP

Review of the "NEW" Westhunter WHT 3-12X44 SFIR FFP. Also availiable in 4-16X44 & 6-24X44. 30mm tube, first focal plane(FFP), long eye relief(90-85 mm/3.54-3.35 in), red illuminated etched glass reticle, standard click value for E/W is 1/10 MIL, Field Of View@100Yards(Ft) is 17.5-4.3 feet.
Made of anodized 6061 T6 aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, sealed nitrogen-charged tube. The shockproof, waterproof, fog-proof, and weatherproof performance have passed strict testing. The representative of the high-end optical products of WestHunter.
Tactical Precision Scope.

https://youtu.be/hs8me8lqIt4

That sure looks like the Vector Veyron, I wonder if it is the same scope.

I believe it is, Many scope companies make similar models with different branding and reticles. You get charged based on options, lens coatings, reticle styles, level of quality control, ect. of the individual company.

Economy of scale allows for lower cost.

Surefire does not make there CR123 batteries, they pay a company that makes batteries and surefire creates the specifications and quality control they want, and they pay a unit price, they then add there mark up and sell them to the consumer.

Its done across the board in many manufacturing areas

Reactions: L.Leon
I got one of these for my L2!

Some notes, coming from someone with very little experience with scopes (but plenty with binoculars and spotting scopes):

• Illuminated reticle was absolutely the correct choice, has very fine reticle that would be really hard to see without the illumination lighting up the entire mil-dotted portion of the reticle. Very helpful for cloudy Michigan forests. Reticle is otherwise very pretty. Having steps of OFF in between brightness settings is the best UX idea. REALLY wish more scopes had IR, especially if they could make it light (I just want some lightweight, parallax adjustable, mildot IR scopes!)
  • FFP is not as handy as I thought, since I realized I don't vary my mags as much as I thought I did
  • Glass has more optical distortion in edges than I expected, especially at higher mags. Otherwise pretty clear. Not the best glass ever, but pretty okay for the price I suppose!
  • Relatively lightweight for a scope of these features. Cursing the fact that I forgot to weigh it before mounting.

I've used a 4-16 on my Avenger for 6 months or more. I think it has an awful lot of features for the money. I got mine off AlliExpress with all the extras. It works but I've had it shift zero a couple times for no apparent reason. Mostly I target shoot with this rifle so a shift is annoying but I'd be a bit worried about this scope on a gun used for hunting. But it is a couple times out of over a thousand shots. So I dial it back in when it shifts and hope it doesn't do it again. If it keeps it up, it will get replaced (and not by another West Hunter).

My Veyron 6-24 has been solid so far…turrets are good enough and repeatable. The reticle illumination is only the center dot, but I don’t use it much, plus I can confidently dial, rather than hold over. Relatively small and light at 20 ish ounces. Very pleased with it! I am curious as to whether the Westhunter is it’s equivalent at less cost. 

That sure looks like the Vector Veyron, I wonder if it is the same scope.

Now that I looked at it again, it really does looking at the body and caps. 

Unlike what @JimD describes, I have not experienced my zero shifting in my Vector scope. Anyone else have this happen while using a Westhunter?

I have the WestHunter 4-16 X 44 0n one of my Ruger 10/22 rifles. I have had no trouble with the zero shifting. In fact I have been very happy with it. For the money I don’t think it can be beaten. It’s not an Athlon Cronus or Nightforce, but I could probably buy 10-15 of the WH for the price of one Cronus or Nightforce.

Chris